Accessory Fuse Block

• Once again needing some experienced advice. I am going to add some type of lighting on the inside of the sling. Don’t know if it will be LED strips under dash or block light or what at this point. Want to be able to see when I get in a night to put the key in the ignition. Tried small flashlight, keep fumbling around trying to find it. I have what appears to be 2 open slots for rocker switches above the hazard light.
    After doing some reading suggestion is to add an accessory fuse block since the main is crammed full already from factory. Which have you used and recommend. Anything else that I need to consider. Was thinking about mounting it next to the main fuse block in the engine compartment.

• As long as you're not going to go too heavy (>25 amps), just get the FZ-1 Fuse Block from Slingmods. It's switchable to ignition, or not, by circuit and has 6 circuits. While you are there, you can pick up a couple Otto K1 switches to run whatever you need. And if you're really crazy, you can check out my thread on the Otto K1 Switches about getting some specialty switches

• I like the FZ-1 used it for my mood Chase lights. First hooked them up as always powered but kept forgetting to turn them off. Only had to move the fuse over to change them to switched but now forget to turn them on. Can't see my wheels of under the Sling so can't tell if they are on when the sun shines. Was thinking about carrying a hand mirror but though that looked a little lame. But then what do they expect with a Handy Cap tag in the window of a Sling.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• As long as you're not going to go too heavy (>25 amps), just get the FZ-1 Fuse Block from Slingmods. It's switchable to ignition, or not, by circuit and has 6 circuits. While you are there, you can pick up a couple Otto K1 switches to run whatever you need. And if you're really crazy, you can check out my thread on the Otto K1 Switches about getting some specialty switches

Thanks the FZ1 was what is was looking at but just wasn’t sure. Assuming the K1 switch will fit into the slots with no issues? So when I make up my mind on lights (hopefully before long). guess I’ll be reaching out again if any issues with wiring. Thanks.

• Just a thought. I discovered the LED Rock Lights I bought already have a push-button on/off switch that simply hides in the glove box. I ordered an OEM switch from Slingmods, but didn't have to use it for the lights.

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• [quote='Powelldb1','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/10007-accessory-fuse-block/&postID=343228#post343228']

As long as you're not going to go too heavy (>25 amps), just get the FZ-1 Fuse Block from Slingmods. It's switchable to ignition, or not, by circuit and has 6 circuits. While you are there, you can pick up a couple Otto K1 switches to run whatever you need. And if you're really crazy, you can check out my thread on the Otto K1 Switches about getting some specialty switches

Thanks the FZ1 was what is was looking at but just wasn’t sure. Assuming the K1 switch will fit into the slots with no issues? So when I make up my mind on lights (hopefully before long). guess I’ll be reaching out again if any issues with wiring. Thanks.

[/quote]

Yes, the K1 IS the SS switch. Just push it in.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app