Mood Lighting Install, Extra Fuse Block?

• I will be receiving my wheels and under chassis lighting and watching the install video on Slingmods they hooked the power to a Black Box fuse block. Way to expensive for what I need. I just want them to power on and off with the ignition. Does my 2020 R have a spare hook up so I can do that or should I get the FZ-1 Accessory Fuse block and the harness to go with it? I am also a little confused, seams to be my normal state of mind, about jacking the SS and putting a jack stand under the frame. Seams like the jack stand is going to sit where the strip of lights mount. Also will have to be careful jacking the SS after the light strips are mounted. You all do these hard mechanical mods and I am being challenged with this.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• The strips are actually a hair shorter.

when I did mine I did not have any issues with the hydraulic jack or the stands while I was working.

I did get the FZ1 fuse block. I liked the option of going either way with it.... Sometimes just for giggles I turn on the lights, put the charger on it and play some EDM music while I exercise...

Don't judge.

• Where the light strips go is a problem with the jacking points up front. You should remember that you will not be the one who jacks it up all the time so use caution.

You can move the strips to the side at the jacking points not directly facing down. There is enough room on the pipe to do this. When you do attach the strips get some alcohol and a rag to wipe all the surfaces clean.

Also consider this you may not want to power them off the ignition circuit, that would require you to have the lights on also as well as the radio and accessories. When we are at a meet it is nice to just have the strip and halo lights on. We have run them for several hours off the stock battery with no problems.

As for the fuse block Amazon has plenty of options at much lower cost, that is what I used.

Good luck.

Jamesgn

• As for the fuse block Amazon has plenty of options at much lower cost, that is what I used.

I also used a Blue Sea Systems (brand) fuse block from Amazon. They have multiple options (cover/no cover, neg bus/no neg bus) for 6 circuit blocks that are not big bucks.

It's a better option than coming directly off of the battery and if you do decide to add something else in the future you'll be set up for it.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Thanks you guys have a good point. I can see wanting to show off the lights with out firing up the SS. The install video did recommend putting the lights to the inside of the frame so as not to show the strips from the side. I will just put them a little higher in the side of the tube where the Jack fits and the jack stand sits. Now to head to Amazon to look at fuse blocks. I use Blue Seas Systems blocks on my boats and they are good fuse blocks.

If the music is to loud you are to old.