@gpcustoms emergency brake conversion

• Wait a minute. You're still doing the e-brake levers for St Jude donations even though you're going through your own treatments? You're my new hero.

What if someone were to make a donation here instead, Mark and Darby Brown by Leanne Galliher - GoFundMe would that count?

No. Absolutley not!

Look guys and gals. I am touched at the out reach and help during all of this thats going on. Very much so.

However with that being said I have a goal to reach with St. Jude and there are kids out there right now that still need to grow up.
    I would therefore ask you to keep any donations for anything I make strictly for the St. Jude event I am working on.
    God bless Mark and others for helping us but its not just about us so if you want something I make then the donation is for the kids. Don't get me all wrong. If you are just rolling in money and light your cigars with hundred dollar bills then feel free to send Leanne's fundraiser some of that stuff but if you are a regular joe like most of us for the most part then help me help some kidos.
    Clear as mud???
    Im sure all of this will work out and I have no intention of doing anything other than being right here :00000156:

• When you are back on your feet, I will gladly order one. Until then, know that you are in our prayers and if you need anything, obviously you only have to ask around here.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -- Edmund Burke

• I can tell you lots of folks are interested in the e brake...several peeps asked...I told them to hold on to their knickers!

• @gpcustoms I just found about what you are doing and just wanted to say thank you for doing what you are doing.
    Long story short, My best friends lost a son to cancer. St Judes was there for them through the toughest part of their lives.
    After what I saw St Judes do for them, I wanted to help. Now, I'm definitely not a person with deep pockets. I work very hard everyday for everything myself and my family have ever had. But, I have a lot of connections in the automotive aftermarket industry. Every year, myself and some friends organize several car shows, Jeep shows, and poker runs. All to benefit St Judes.
    In the past 10 years, we've raised over 100k, and it's nowhere near enough to thank them for what they did for that one family.
    I just wanted you to know how much it means to lots of people.
    Hopefully you will still be doing this when I am all healed up and get my sling.
    I hope you get back to 100% soon. God Bless.

• @gpcustoms, I've been following this thread, but I've been hesitant to put my name on the list because you've got enough shit to do without me making more work for you. Your dedication to the Sling community and the kids and St. Jude all while dealing with your own tribulations is truly inspiring, sir. My hat is off to you.

I am sending you a PM to discuss, but I wanted to publicly thank you and commend your dedication to the aforementioned groups. Take care of yourself first!

• Okydokly Gang. 6 E-brake assemblies done and 5 shipped.
    Thanks for the interest young Jedi. Next announcement will be after the next hospital round that starts Monday.
    Stars aligned and the creek don 't rise I will have some more bits on hand upon my return from Chemoland and start on a fresh slate. :00009453:
    Just remember this more about the giving than the getting. On another note my shirts and swag bags are done so I will start pedaling those if any are left form the community push. Almost half way to 10K for the kids :00009397:
    Thanks again and we shall see you out on the roads less traveled
    Mark

• Okay young Jedi.

Back from the land of hospital food and funny gowns :00000156:
    The black handle seems to be the popular one so I have 3 handles and boots(2 red stitch, 1 Black stitch).
    I will get a few additional sets together but this time around I will be a bit busier than last so I am playing it by ear :00008698:
    Should you want one let me know and get on a list. I am only doing them in limited numbers between rounds so I hope to not forget anyone along the way :00002047:

• Finally getting around to putting on my e-brake upgrade from Mark, and can't wait to see the finished product....does anyone have any tricks (besides brute strength) for getting the old handle off? I've got the floor cover pulled off, and alternately working the handle and and the skirt end, just not seeing much movement. Appreciate the advice.

• If you don't intend on re-using that ugly handle......simply take a utility knife and cut the damn thing off. I cut along the length of the handle, and it practically fell off. I didn't try to make the full depth cut on the first pass....I did three or four passes, going deeper each time. Sure was easier than the battle I would have had with that thing!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• If you don't intend on re-using that ugly handle......simply take a utility knife and cut the damn thing off. I cut along the length of the handle, and it practically fell off. I didn't try to make the full depth cut on the first pass....I did three or four passes, going deeper each time. Sure was easier than the battle I would have had with that thing!!!

Thought of that, after my post...was hoping there was another way, but after screwing with it for the last 10 minutes, I think that might have to be the answer.

• A pair of adjustable plyers to do the twisting should do the job. Start twisting up by the button and work towards the back. At one point the rubber will pop loose. It's all metal under the rubber.
    This photo might help.

• Thought of that, after my post...was hoping there was another way, but after screwing with it for the last 10 minutes, I think that might have to be the answer.

Heh, Heh....yep, did the same thing!! I kept thinking....Damn!! There's got to be a way to do this easier. I usually like to save all the stock parts I take off my vehicles, but I made an exception for this pain the ass!!! You'll love the new handle....I know I do!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi