Luggage Racks Anyone?

• I will show my wife pics and see if she likes them. I know I do but gotta make sure the boss does too. Lol

Welcome to the forum, you can update your profile to show your location, etc. As for mods, I had packages showing up at the house before I took delivery on the sling. Common theme on this site is the wife jokes about any delivery "what did you buy now?"

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.

• @TheSlinger Welcome to the World of Slingshot Insanity.... Put lots of time in the seat before going to 'nuts' on the mods... I've seen lots of guys and gals put on mods only to change them out a short time later. You see lots of things for sale here that have been bought and not liked a short time later.

• @TheSlinger I cannot emphasize enough what @EjFord is saying. Drive the hell out of it and get a good feel for what you want. Then open your wallet and take out a home equity loan because once you start, well you will learn

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• Production Update: the 17/18 racks have been cut and one rack was welded up and test-fit on a 2018 at the local dealer this morning. Apparently that's called 'planning' - whatever! The rest of the racks will be welded today and dropped off at the powder coater's on Monday when I pick up the 1st batch for the 15/16 models. Those will be done and looking for a permanent home somewhere else in the US of A. I'll be contacting those interested and will look forward to hearing from anyone else who would like a set. Only 30 days until Xmas!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Do you offer gift wrapping service? I'd like to save my wife some trouble if you know what I mean.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

That's hilarious. When I was wrapping the rear plates on the living room floor I told my wife, 'At least no one will ask me to wrap their Christmas presents'. You got one of those plates didn't you?

• Santa left a little something on my living room floor last night - seven new sets of Slingshot luggage racks! They look awesome! I'm packaging up 2 today and the other 5 are looking for a new home. $295 shipped will get you yours. These will fit the 2015/2016/2016.5 model years. Another batch of 6 was delivered to the powder coater yesterday and should be done this week. Those will fit the 2017/2018 model years. If you have expressed an interest, you will hear from me when they are done. If not, you're just a PM away. Cheers to all.

Edited once, last by SlingLow ().

• Santa left a little something on my living room floor last night - seven new sets of Slingshot luggage racks! They look awesome! I'm packaging up 2 today and the other 5 are looking for a new home. $265 shipped will get you yours. These will fit the 2015/2016/2016.5 model years. Another batch of 6 was delivered to the powder coater yesterday and should be done this week. Those will fit the 2017/2018 model years. If you have expressed an interest, you will hear from me when they are done. If not, you're just a PM away. Cheers to all.

@SlingLow, do you mind if I ask, are you already out of pocket on these?

• Didn't I say Santa? Yes, I have funded the manufacturing costs. I did a different deal on these than the plates since there was more than just family involved.

That's kinda what I figured. They're beautiful. We use the Meansling bags, but your storage solution is very nice indeed. I wish you the best of luck in selling them. I'm sure you will.

• That's kinda what I figured. They're beautiful. We use the Meansling bags, but your storage solution is very nice indeed. I wish you the best of luck in selling them. I'm sure you will.

Thanks @KayTwo, I appreciate it. The Meansling bags are one of the options I am considering and were also what @FunCycle originally designed these racks for. The other option I'm looking at is a motorcycle bag with a footprint of 11" x 16" that is upwardly expandable from 11" to 20". I will likely buy the Meansling bags because of the weatherproof material and design as well as the favorable reviews and cost. I also like to support our forum members when possible (fire extinguisher holder and carpet kit on the wish list). Obviously the racks are not necessary with @Ruptured Duck 's clever design but they do offer additional protection from sagging or chafing and look pretty darn cool without luggage on them.

My only hiccup on this was an initial investment that was double what I planned on because of the change in roll hoops on the 17/18 models but that was my own oversight. I've been following the Slingshade threads and knew about this, but didn't account for it in the design phase.

• Thanks @KayTwo, I appreciate it. The Meansling bags are one of the options I am considering and were also what @FunCycle originally designed these racks for. The other option I'm looking at is a motorcycle bag with a footprint of 11" x 16" that is upwardly expandable from 11" to 20". I will likely buy the Meansling bags because of the weatherproof material and design as well as the favorable reviews and cost. I also like to support our forum members when possible (fire extinguisher holder and carpet kit on the wish list). Obviously the racks are not necessary with @Ruptured Duck 's clever design but they do offer additional protection from sagging or chafing and look pretty darn cool without luggage on them.
    My only hiccup on this was an initial investment that was double what I planned on because of the change in roll hoops on the 17/18 models but that was my own oversight. I've been following the Slingshade threads and knew about this, but didn't account for it in the design phase.

@SlingLow thank you for the kind words. You are not alone regarding changes made to the hoops. I was able to account for them very early. I will need to make some additional revisions to the sport top to allow for placement behind the hoops for the F4 windshields. They also enlarged the openings inside the hoops so I had to quickly compensate for that as well.
    Send me a PM with the issue you have. I have a new source for manufacturing that I might be able to use to help you out. Tina and I would really like to try and use our MeanSling website as a portal for very small business to provide a marketing site for your products as well as others. If we can help you grow than possible we can as well.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Here's another update to let you know that the luggage racks for the 2017/2018 model years are done, on hand, and ready to go under your tree. They are identical in appearance to the 2015/2016 racks except for a larger footpad on the mounts to fit the larger slots.

Now I'm off to the post office with the distance award going to @philip_mustang in Belgium!

• Santa left a little something on my living room floor last night - seven new sets of Slingshot luggage racks! They look awesome! I'm packaging up 2 today and the other 5 are looking for a new home. $265 shipped will get you yours. These will fit the 2015/2016/2016.5 model years. Another batch of 6 was delivered to the powder coater yesterday and should be done this week. Those will fit the 2017/2018 model years. If you have expressed an interest, you will hear from me when they are done. If not, you're just a PM away. Cheers to all.

Stop promoting your racks..... I am trying very hard to pass on them but you just keep posting awesome pictures of them,..... :00008356:

I just hope you don't post some in super fast red.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Stop promoting your racks..... I am trying very hard to pass on them but you just keep posting awesome pictures of them,..... :00008356:
    I just hope you don't post some in super fast red.

Hmmmm. Batches of six. Anyone else?

@SlingLow time to get the can of red epoxy spray paint out...just a thought...

I couldn't. I - just - couldn't. But @Neosolidus could!