Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• CALEXIT - California is trying to get enough voters to succeed from the US. I dunno what I think about that! I know there are a few conservatives left over there - what happens to them?? Texas has had talks for a long time about the same thing. We have discussed many things here that could quite possibly be the destruction of the US. I would like to hear opinions of some of you guys as we have some really intelligent folks posting here. How would that work?? Is it Constitutionally legal? Would it just rip the US into a fragmented mess?? I usually am very opinionated but this possible reality has me dumbfounded!! My knee jerk reaction is it would be the beginning of the end!! Your thoughts????

It won't happen. Yes it is legal. California receives a bit more federal dollars than it pays out so it would be fairly neutral economy wise. Now they would need to negotiate a trade agreement with the United States so they may find that a little rougher now that trump is in charge. I think most of the conservatives would leave California before they seceded.

• Your thoughts????

As much as I wouldn't mind ... the procedure for doing such is so convoluted that it will never happen ...just ask TX.

Is Secession Legal? | The American Conservative

Unlike TX CA cannot survive on its own ... imagine ALL Federal funds gone, ALL Federal support gone, ALL Federal programs gone .... hell CA gets enough of its power and water from other states that it would be impossible for it to survive on its own ...

One of those be careful what ask for CA 'cause you might just get it ....

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Doesn't California get nearly all their water from the Colorado river? They would be completely screwed.

I know that's where all the rich folks in Beverly Hills get theirs from. They could probably build a huge desalinator and convert all their tears into drinking water but how on earth would they keep their Bentleys clean? ;):00008172::00008356:

• CALEXIT - California is trying to get enough voters to succeed from the US. I dunno what I think about that! I know there are a few conservatives left over there - what happens to them?? Texas has had talks for a long time about the same thing. We have discussed many things here that could quite possibly be the destruction of the US. I would like to hear opinions of some of you guys as we have some really intelligent folks posting here. How would that work?? Is it Constitutionally legal? Would it just rip the US into a fragmented mess?? I usually am very opinionated but this possible reality has me dumbfounded!! My knee jerk reaction is it would be the beginning of the end!! Your thoughts????

The way the waters are rising....just give it enough time.

I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.

• Give California time, it's coming. If they were really serious they would coordinate a "1-2-3 jump, 1-2-3 jump..." excercise across the state. It would snap off quicker. :D

I personally think everyone needs to work together and stop crying about the opposite side and threatening to leave. That is 5year old, "I'm taking my ball and going home", baby crap from both sides. We need to work through our differences. I would hate to lose Texas or California, and not just because of this chart. ;)

Bill, the last time California took the vote to succeed from the United States, the results were not what you'd expect. It was tied. 50% voted "NO" and the other 50% votes "Si"

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE