Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Because not enough people know what a libertarian is. It's most likely what many people who identify as republican would rather be. Liberals are a complete disaster, conservatives are are too tied up with religion to make proper political decisions and libertarians are the leave us all alone party. Actually just about anyone who's a functional adult would fit right in with the libertarian party.

I believe I may be the only registered libertarian in the great state of Massachusetts!!

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• Aw Geez.... me and my box made of soap...

@Cameron Roberts, please allow me if i may, to straighten out the definition of me being a conservative... I truly hate that the conservative label, as that is what it is... is so wrongfully misconstrued into thinking religious people is the equivalent of a conservative. Truth be told, yes... most conservatives are of a Christianity belief base.. but not all conservatives believe in religion or "a higher power"... no no no...

Those that identify, such as I, with the label of American Conservative Partier will give you this definition for their ideals:

Limited Government, I stongly ahere to the founding principle beliefs and values expressedly written in the US Constitution, and Preamble as it is recognized as the supreme law of the land. I strongly believe it is an individuals responsibility to obtain and live in prosperity. I strongly adhere to equal opportunity for everyone, even so, I acknowledge the opportunity is dependant solely upon the opportunist and does not have necessarily, equal results. I'm strongly against government overreach, any taxes levied to "share the wealth", or any taxes levied on US sovereign citizens from foriegn nations, and big government control. American patriots value and require a powerful and plentiful superior military defense for the purposes of defending its US citizens, land, and its sovereignty from foreign and/or domestic threats. I strongly believe in Free Market, Free Enterprise, with limited government interference. The government is to be a tool used by the people, for the people, instead of the opposite occuring. Strong supporter, and advocate of the 2nd Amendment. Those who infrige the rights of others, or unlawfully exercise their constitutional right to bear arms, forfeit such right, and will be held accountable to the fullest extent according to written judicial law. The overreach of the government to disarm its law abiding citizens, and/or infringe the rights of law abiding citizens is not to be tolerated. laws written by judicial branches, on such issues of womens health, education, and housing should be decided upon by each individual state to avoid government overreach. States are currently depending on Federal aid sources, which in turn allows the government to enforce unconstitutional policies, that the government cannot enact on its own, and uses state level governments to enforce laws and policies that may or may not serve individual states well. I acknowlege and cast ballots, and invest in my 2nd amendment right, remembering that the seperation of powers is crucial to limiting government rule.

That is my personal definition of a "conservative". I also believe in God, and pray.. because Im a sinner. However, the two are not the same, my political stance is to government, as my religious stance is the Bible.

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• You sound like a libertarian, not a republican. I was in no way attacking religion. I am a believer. That being said people's beliefs have no place in government.

• No no, i knew you wasnt attacking in your statement... its just, I would like to be understood as much as the next person.. ^^ Thats true, political beliefs and religious beliefs are like apples and oranges are fruits.. but entirely different.

I feel conservatives get such a bad reputation for being lumped in with other believers or apples lets say, when Im clearly a kiwi. :D

Ill be honest with you, I probably have had the same thoughts of liberatarians.. the "lib" part.. i assumed liberals/liberatarians were both apples. Shocked to hear you say I sound like a liberatarian...but no, I knew that was not a religious slur, or derogatory statement.. i just had to try to explain, not all fruit are the same :thumbsup:

Cake Or fruitcake...
    Taking dumplings to a dinner or taking a dump after dinner....
    Tomatoes are fruits, but they dont grow on trees...

( There is also alot of "conservatives" who define their political stances with the Biblical scripture. Turn and walk away from them, they dont know a THING about what conservatives are trying to conserve.)

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• Libertarian is very very different than liberal.

• I know this is a pipe dream but if we ALL quit tryin to put a label on one person or another and just become citizens who want the best overall good for the American people as a whole - we could save ourselves from possible destruction or anarchy. I have said it before Rome was once larger and more powerful than the US. Read about the fall of that empire and you will see terrifying similarities between then and now. The time for action is now, unfortunately, no solution even on the far horizon!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I really like kiwi!!!

• Read about the fall of that empire and you will see terrifying similarities between then and now. The time for action is now, unfortunately, no solution even on the far horizon!!

There are several solutions I can think of, but none that have good outcomes and will be very difficult along the way. We are debt laden. Infrastructure has been allowed to decline. We are fighting on more than one foreign soil. Military has continued to decline in resources. I have a brother in law that is now retired out of the Air Force, and he told me that around 2/3's of the planes we have could be licensed as antiques if they got plates like we do for cars and trucks. We have groups like BLM, DisruptJ20, AntiFa, just to name a few, that are promoting civil uprising that will likely ramp up until civil war is breaking out in small areas around the country. We have a stock market that is set to have a major reset, likely should be about 50% of what it is showing today. GM just had it's plant in Venezuela taken over by their corrupt govt just yesterday. We have many countries that would like to bring death to America. North Korea has a man leading it with mental issues, we are flirting war games with Russia along the Alaska border, and we have sleeping terror cells all across this country.

Every day, I check the news to see if anything important has happened, here and abroad. Meanwhile, I enjoy my life, try my best to help out and be kind to people that cross my path each day. I pray every day, and trust that the outcome will be what it's supposed to be in the end. I will turn the other cheek, but when the time comes to stand I stand firm. But should it all go south overnight, I've invested in canned commodities, seeds, and precious metals (think, lead) just in case...

And like Bill stated so many pages ago.... POLITICS SUCK!

• I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I know this is a pipe dream but if we ALL quit tryin to put a label on one person or another and just become citizens who want the best overall good for the American people as a whole

Come on the Libs wouldn't let that happen!!!! Sorry I had to :whistling::00008356: Argue for the sake of arguing even though it's probably right...Twist, beat, fight something just cause a DEM says something...If we eliminate that behavior then YES your ideas a good one...People need to deal & adjust....There's things I didn't like for 8 years, blocked things out and just kept moving forward..Stated my thoughts when asked, but it is what it is....DEAL WITH IT...All Americans @ the end of the day (Most anyway??)

Biggest adjustment I have made is blocking the news, I know nothing! AND I LIKE IT THAT WAY!! Media shit storm, twisted lies is the cause of separation PERIOD!

PS: I MISS SLINGBITCH!!!

NOT!! :00008084:

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/