Traction control

• Okay, I know it is sad, but in the 2+months I have owned my SL I have never turned the traction control off. just like my prior cars I have just let it do its thing. So please tell me why I might ever want to turn it off and if I turned it off in my normal around driving would I even notice the difference?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

To do burnouts or doughnuts is the only reason you would shut it off ...... you wouldn't want it off for "normal" driving ....

And please do not turn off the stability control ....

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• I saw this video when i was researching info on the sling and put the fear of god in me regarding a possible rollover if i were to push the sling on a corner.

Even as i get more comfortable with the sling this always comes to mind when attempting to follow Henry on his haul ass rides.

Did this person have the stability off and is this the reason for the tip over?

Has there been another case of tipping over a sling during aggressive driving with stability on.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• See YouTube comments below (3rd sentence, stability control was OFF)...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• I've been very unsuccessful tipping, sliding or anything with the traction control turned on... I've never turned it off. The Slingshot seems to corner like its on rails, and I don't baby it.

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.

• good stuff to know - frankly I know I read about it in the owners manual but off the top of my head I dont even remember how to turn stability control on or off. Considering the fact that I dont want to need a new tire any sooner than possible and I sure as heck dont want a lack of stability I think I will just leave that little switch alone

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• good stuff to know - frankly I know I read about it in the owners manual but off the top of my head I dont even remember how to turn stability control on or off. Considering the fact that I dont want to need a new tire any sooner than possible and I sure as heck dont want a lack of stability I think I will just leave that little switch alone

Good to hear ...'cause it is an operation using the same switch some have turned everything off thinking they where just turning off the traction control ... different warning lights come up in the dash but it is a dangerous situation if you don't know better.

As for the video ... truth is it was done by a magazine crew trying to see how much different the Slingshot handled with the stability control on, and off. They ran it through with it on and it performed extremely well to they got cocky, turned it off, then pushed it through some very tight maneuvers so in my opinion it was absolutely "intentional" .. just not the result they expected. At least they proved the rollover hoops work ..... wacky-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......