For those that noticed their is no Rabtech fast ride at the SSITS event. No worries...

• For those of you that have noticed their isn't a ride with me leading at light speed during the Smokies event. It's ok... I chose to not lead this year.

This year I wanted to enjoy the rally just like you all do. So I decided to just unoficially let people follow me the day I ride. I will still be making my Skyway loop at lightning speeds. I don't know what day it will be but it will be at my normal "drive it like you stole it pace". And I'm sure that on one day I will run over to the gap and then over to Pigeon Forge and back.

Just catch up with me when you see me at the rally if you want to tag along and I'll tell you what time I'm going to head out each day. I will be taking my time in the mornings and eating breakfast so it won't be super early.

Just remember I don't go to look at the trees and scenery. I go to haul ass and have a safe and fun time. Lots of people have ridden with me and they will probably tell you that I wait on everyone at all the turns. So it's not impossible to keep up. Just don't overdrive your abilities and your comfort level and we will all have fun.

• I'll be bringin up the rear :00008359:

I'm thankful you put it that way! Few years back, my wife and I were out with friends riding the Harleys. She has a 2005 Super Glide Custom we bought new, and she has about 55k on it. She can ride well, but she tends to not ride as hard in the twisties as some of my friends and I. She likes to stay at the back, go at her own pace (smart thing to do). We were about to leave from a break, and head into some nice curvy roads. She said, "You guys take the lead. I really prefer the rear, it's just more comfortable for me there." One of my friends said, just loud enough we both could hear.... "I can probably help you out with that...."

Gee... the crew I hang with!

• I will be right there with you.

• Honestly, I'm not sure what I'm doing during the days there. I know the area well, have been going there (mostly over near Robbinsville is where I stay, close to Deals Gap) for 25 years. I don't use a map except on occasion. I've made many trips there and did several day rides and never picked up a map at all. I thought about signing up for a ride or several, but I think I know all the routes that have been chosen already. I don't mind a slow lollygag ride at times, but I like to play in the curves. I'm certain I can't run with the turbo group on the straights, should they get playing there. I can hold my own pretty well in the curves though. I'm still running stock from Kendas, stock springs and brakes. I had a Yamaha R1 with 1100 kit on it chase me thru the Dragon's Tail. He had full leathers, and was dragging knees hanging off.... I was able to leave him behind.

I might try a ride with you all early in the week. If I run with you and don't slow you down, might well run with you most of the days. Even if I can't.... I'm not going to get lost so no worries!

• Brenda says it is called "No Fear" she did call it something else also that was not as nice.

When it comes to falling off the side of a mountain she can use any term she likes - chickenshit, ball less, scared shitless, whatever she likes and I'm good. I live in Louisiana - curviest road is off ramp on Interstate - 14 miles between each curve - and if ya go off the road ya pull it out of a 6" ditch so let's just say the Tail of the Dragon is a little "ITIMIDATING"!! HELP ME PLEASE!!! :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I learned a long time ago that people like me have to buy more power to keep up with older great drivers. And I try to remember all the time that danger could just be around the next turn.

@FunCycle really can drive... And while were on the subject @Dogs can drive also. And there are many others that can put some serious speed to the ground out on the highways.

Usually I have to make up time on the straights and then burn the brakes off before a turn. Most good drivers have a perfect line picked out before they ever get to a turn.

As the years have went by I have learned a little more about picking a line and sticking with it. But I don't think I will ever be a great driver... Maybe just a good one...

• AND on top of that I was a LOT more confident on my Harley and could go a lot faster - I just can't figure out how those skills don't help me a bit on the Slingshot (motorcycle) ;(;(:00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Hey Rab, what about me? I sure know how to shift! In fact, wasn't it YOU that said I was the shiftiest person you've ever met?

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Brenda says it is called "No Fear" she did call it something else also that was not as nice.

I love driving the curves! However, ever since I flipped my 65 Vette on it's side and went into a creek bed in KY (too much torque and shock snapped) my wife has not been very enthusiastic about curvy roads ;( . At least if I'm driving. Haven't flipped one since. My uncle used to run shine between stints as sheriff. Cousin ran it too. Guess it's in my blood. That's why people started calling me DangerDarrell.
    Got a ticket on the Tail last year. He gave me a warning for doing 47 in a 20. He wrote it as 47 in a 30 so he could make it a warning. Good guy. Just happy he didn't catch me in the turns I was doing 60-70 through. I was getting tired and had slowed near the end. Promised my wife I would not drive that hard with her in the SS.