SLINGSHOTS IN THE ROCKIES,July12-16

• Pulled into Sturgis this evening. Damn that got hot coming across the Dakotas.

Not sure how you guys are doing it in temps over 100. We spent 3-4 hours in the high 90's to 100 and damn I'm done with that shit, lol.

We're leaving early in the morning to get through the rest of SD before it gets too damn hit again.

C ya's tomorrow night

• In Pagosa Springs tonight. Less heat but I'm still pouring water over myself and using a cooling towel. A little bit of rain though it was close including lightening. Great drive through Glen Canyon! See many of you tomorrow!

• Well dam long day ! Up at 5:00 am, found some loose wires, thank god for duct tape temporary miracle fix. Our brand new ( 3 month old) Garmon Zumo GPS , has a mind if it own. Correct most of the time, stubborn as shit when you don't follow it and my mounted charger has stopped working. Thank go I had some trip tik packs made up at AMA before we left been super useful.
    Okay back to today left Great Falls bright n early, travelling to Beartooth Pass, fun, elevated twisty road, that part was fun. Getting stuck in two construction zones, one at a a stand still for over 1/2 an hour, then getting construction spray shit all over sucks ass, did a quick clean of the spring, hoping to get trailer tomorrow. We also got stuck behind a rockslide clean up crew and got to experience rain in the Sling ! All that now I'm not sure if I got a new noise in the rear end or am just getting paranoid! Lots of miles and hours today, biggest and longest so far in Sling. After 11 plus hours hours, we get to our destination in Cody, check in and all I want is to sit down and have a single ice cold beer. So we unpack and head down the main strip. Checking out pubs to get into. Parking is at a premium, I stop one, enough room but built for a awkward drive in between motorcycle and SUV
    What happen next is I'm to upset to even say, ‍♂️choice words were not spoken! So upset we went for quick supper and now back at motel, gave Sling a quick wash n rinse, and I think I'll cry my self to sleep. ( don't ask just yet, still to raw and emotional)
    Safe travels to all tomorrow, I'm meeting my brother in Casper Wyoming for lunch then off to Cheyenne for the night, and the heading for the Beaver Wednesday.
    PS, had lots of people stop and take pics and ask questions, all cool, all part of ownership. One kinda surprised me today, " do you steer with your front wheels of back wheel? Good this I was wearing glasses when I enlightened him.
    Putting box of Kleenex by bed and going to sleep now

• We did meet with @slolane and his wife last night at a fabulous place to eat in Moab. What a great couple! Yesterday's temps for us ranged from 51 degrees in silverton co with hail and rain to 103 coming across to Moab... fantastic! See y'all tomorrow. Arches National Park today.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.

• Well dam long day ! Up at 5:00 am, found some loose wires, thank god for duct tape temporary miracle fix. Our brand new ( 3 month old) Garmon Zumo GPS , has a mind if it own. Correct most of the time, stubborn as shit when you don't follow it and my mounted charger has stopped working. Thank go I had some trip tik packs made up at AMA before we left been super useful.
    Okay back to today left Great Falls bright n early, travelling to Beartooth Pass, fun, elevated twisty road, that part was fun. Getting stuck in two construction zones, one at a a stand still for over 1/2 an hour, then getting construction spray shit all over sucks ass, did a quick clean of the spring, hoping to get trailer tomorrow. We also got stuck behind a rockslide clean up crew and got to experience rain in the Sling ! All that now I'm not sure if I got a new noise in the rear end or am just getting paranoid! Lots of miles and hours today, biggest and longest so far in Sling. After 11 plus hours hours, we get to our destination in Cody, check in and all I want is to sit down and have a single ice cold beer. So we unpack and head down the main strip. Checking out pubs to get into. Parking is at a premium, I stop one, enough room but built for a awkward drive in between motorcycle and SUV
    What happen next is I'm to upset to even say, ‍♂️choice words were not spoken! So upset we went for quick supper and now back at motel, gave Sling a quick wash n rinse, and I think I'll cry my self to sleep. ( don't ask just yet, still to raw and emotional)
    Safe travels to all tomorrow, I'm meeting my brother in Casper Wyoming for lunch then off to Cheyenne for the night, and the heading for the Beaver Wednesday.
    PS, had lots of people stop and take pics and ask questions, all cool, all part of ownership. One kinda surprised me today, " do you steer with your front wheels of back wheel? Good this I was wearing glasses when I enlightened him.
    Putting box of Kleenex by bed and going to sleep now

Hope all is ok this morning. Don't worry, my dad is a refrigerator repairman and has an awesome set of tools!

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.

• FML!!! :00000007: . I have an emergency in San Antonio. I have to cancel our Trip to the rockies ;(;( . :thumbdown::00007579::00008862: . Anyone want my spot up to the mountain can have it. If anyone was looking for a room up there for this thursday through sunday can have my reservation as I know they're booked. Just let me know really soon as Ima cancel that sucker in a few.

• FML!!! :00000007: . I have an emergency in San Antonio. I have to cancel our Trip to the rockies ;(;( . :thumbdown::00007579::00008862: . Anyone want my spot up to the mountain can have it. If anyone was looking for a room up there for this thursday through sunday can have my reservation as I know they're booked. Just let me know really soon as Ima cancel that sucker in a few.

Sorry Bro... :(:thumbdown: Hope all goes well.

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014