Northern Virginia / Lorton area that might want to help with a little wrench time

• I just ordered the DDM Works Stage 1 turbo kit and was wondering if there was anyone with experience with this in my local area that might want to stop by for a little wrench time. I have plenty of beer and food if that helps get you closer lol. I am also going to be running wires for the accessory fuse block and the wiring for the heated seats that i havent put in for quite a very long time that is way overdue lol. So if you are interested in helping out and sharing your experience and knowledge that would be awesome. I am certain i can follow the directions they are sending with the kit but would be a whole lot better off with someone around that knows exactly what they are doing. Let me know if there are any special requests (within reason of course) that might also sweeten the pot. It is at least another 2 weeks out until it will get here. ;(:TURBOSS:

• I live in Montclair and my parents are over in Lorton. Would be willing to assist. I'm a little booked up getting my own Sling ready for Slingshots Uncorked though. Shoot me some days you are looking to get it done. Let's see if we can work something out to get you boosted and smiling from ear to ear as that tire melts. 😈

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• that sounds awesome. they say it will be about 2 weeks to come in so i dont have a set time frame yet. i can wait until after uncorked. That is going on during my Bday and have work going on so it can wait. as soon as the kit comes in i will let you know. in the mean time i will be clearing out my garage so that i have some space to work lol. I am trying to build a list of everything that i am going to need because I dont know lol. such as Oil, how much, what type, and antifreeze? all that good stuff.

• So I got my air dam light put on last night. i didn't run the wires because i want to run the accessory fuse box first. but at least it is on the sling. and I ordered the brake master cylinder brace and hawk brake pads. the ceramic i don't want the dust. as soon as they come in i will get those put on. slowly but surely this is going to turn out BEAST this summer. i so can't wait.

• Hey I wanted to drop an update. or is it a gripe lol. I ordered the brake master cylinder brace or support, anyway, it mailed, should have been here two days ago, but for some reason didnt reach so i have been tracking it through USPS. According to their information it went a couple of days just sitting and was late, then it hit richmond virginia so it should have mailed out the next day. well instead some AXXHOLE put it on the wrong truck because the next check in shows the part showed up at a regional facility in South Carolina. HOW ON EARTH do they get that I live NORTH of Richmond, and they want to send my part 2 states SOUTH of where I live and that this is OK? I hope that the rest of my parts dont do the same thing. Totally Ridiculous.

• Hey I wanted to drop an update. or is it a gripe lol. I ordered the brake master cylinder brace or support, anyway, it mailed, should have been here two days ago, but for some reason didnt reach so i have been tracking it through USPS. According to their information it went a couple of days just sitting and was late, then it hit richmond virginia so it should have mailed out the next day. well instead some AXXHOLE put it on the wrong truck because the next check in shows the part showed up at a regional facility in South Carolina. HOW ON EARTH do they get that I live NORTH of Richmond, and they want to send my part 2 states SOUTH of where I live and that this is OK? I hope that the rest of my parts dont do the same thing. Totally Ridiculous.

I'm sure it's due to covid... or weather... or some boat stuck in a canal on the other side of the world.

I had a package from Florida to Tennessee last month have the same issue your having. Blamed on weather and was a week late. 50° and clear from here to Florida that week.

• I'm sure it's due to covid... or weather... or some boat stuck in a canal on the other side of the world.

I had a package from Florida to Tennessee last month have the same issue your having. Blamed on weather and was a week late. 50° and clear from here to Florida that week.

Freezing in Texas a couple of weeks ago is beginning to cause MAJOR problems in a lot of industry and business --- As a painting contractor in Northern Indiana already seeing problems getting materials needed to make the paints that we need to do the jobs both interior and exterior.

• I have that problem with USPS all the time. A package for my Sling shipped from Ca and got to Ga then went back to Ca then to Fl. My packages often get to Jacksonville then to Tampa and back to Jacksonville. It is no wonder they are loosing money. Their tracking is the worst there is. Not updated sometimes for days.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• it is completely crazy. puts me on edge sometimes. especially when you prepare, take your sling apart, setting it up on jacks and are ready for the part to get here, only for it to be delayed by several days and you cant ride and the weather outside is gorgeous. DOH! your sling is on stands. . . . . . . . . . F*c&^*g mail. lol.

I had something similar happen a week or two back - it was an Amazon order of some seasonings I wanted it shipped out of Ontario CA - literally just over the hill from Palm Springs. It was shipped UPS and when it didnt show up the next day I tracked it and all it said was that the label had been created - the next day I tracked it again and it was in Colorado - - at this point I ordered a replacement which did arrive the next day and then 2 days after that the original package finally showed up and I refused delivery. It wasnt really a big deal, and amazon was great, but I was stunned that something that started out less than an hours drive away ended up more than 2 states away - - not very efficient

Funny thing is right now I have another package that was supposed to arrive yesterday that didnt make it and once again the tracking shown that this time USPS is still waiting for the package and that a label has been created - - - - oh well I'm not in a hurry :/

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• I had something similar happen a week or two back

very sorry to hear that, it seems to be happening quite a bit lately. I started following every shipment to see exactly what is happening. From a separate shipment, the package started in Texas, it went across the states, ended up in York PA, then somehow drove past our house and went to Georgia. Then it drove right past us again and is in Lancaster PA. this is only about 2 and a half hours from our house. Well we live in northern virginia, and philadelphia is only 2 1/2 hours away. NYC is a 4 1/2 hour drive. not like a cross country trek lol.

For food items i wouldnt be in a hurry either. But for the sling? i want my stuff as soon as possible because i want to get it installed and i can be out riding again. The weather is getting nicer and i want to be out lol.

• Woohoo, my DDM Works Stage 1 Turbo Kit gets here tomorrow, I will be on the doorstep waiting for the famous truck to arrive lol. It also has my angle drive support brace coming and then i will be a busy little bee over the next week or so. I am running a Batman Air Dam light, accessory fuse box, finally hooking up my heated seats, Hawk Brake pads, along with that brace and turbo kit. cant wait to get it done and out on the road. Pics to follow. :thumbsup:

• i think i am going to need to get meatier tires. right now i have what you would call "low profile" and i need to get something that wont pop from burnouts.

At the same time i think now i want to paint my brake calipers. i have seen that its the latest old thing and everyone is doing it and it makes the tires stand out a little more. so i think i want to get a Daytona Yellow and paint mine. recommendations?

We need a BEFORE as well as an AFTER pic of the REAR TIRE before we can approve you into the Boosted Club of America. :)

• I bought a can of the Red caliper paint from Duplicolor when I first received my slingshot back in 2014. I didn't realize the paint was date coded and it had expired before I got around to try painting them. I still have the package in the garage and I think it expired like June of 2015. i doubt that 5 years AFTER the expiration date, the product would still be any good. Bu then again, maybe they date code these things to sell more as people toss out the expired ones and buy a second package of their product.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• its raining this weekend and i have always been told that it isnt good to paint, especially with a rattle can on a rainy day. so today i am going to go out to the auto parts store and get some caliper paint, if they have my color anyway, and will prep everything. plus with the other parts coming tomorrow i can go ahead and start getting the sling lifted and hood off and pics started lol. plus with changing out the brake pads its a good time to go ahead and paint the calipers. wow the wife is going to hate this lol. i am going to be in the garage almost all of the time until i get this done lol.