LED Headlights...Are they worth it and inside lights

• Doing some reading and all post on this were several years old so. 1st nighttime ride was this last Saturday. Headlights weren’t bad and better than I expected. I know that a lot of this is personal preference but do they make that big of a difference to warrant changing. If so which do you recommend?

Also noticed no light to speak of on the inside except for gauges with are no help when fumbling around. Not to keen on led light strips at this moment. Any other suggestions, what are people doing to give some light to the inside when needed. Thanks in advance.

• I put LEDs in mine and while they’re significantly brighter they don’t throw very far. If I was to do it over again I would use HIDs. I just don’t ride at night much and I don’t feel like doing all the wiring again.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• I have a 2016 and have added the Canadian head lights...now have 6 when running on high beam and like the distance and brightness. I live and ride a lot of country roads at night...deer a major factor and my system works well for me. Since 2015 I have put better than 99,000+ miles in the seat of the Slingshot. 'I ride'

• I don't know if your 2018 Slingshot has the 3-wire headlight connector as part of its wiring harness, but if it does, adding these MH4 LED headlight bulbs will give turn your Outer Auxiliary Headlights into High/Low beam units. These LED bulbs normally go in the CH conversion units, but I'm pretty sure they'll also fit the Outer Auxiliary Headlights, too. Check with SlingMods before ordering, just to make sure they'll fit. The color temperature of the LEDs is different from the Halogen bulbs, so you might also want to add the center LED bulbs at the same time. Makes a difference, although probably not as much as one might hope.

I've been running the extra CH units on my 2015 Slingshot so I have 6 headlights for Low beam and 4 High beams plus 2 Low beams since sometime in 2016. I had the Outer Auxiliary Headlights on the Fog Light circuit with a switch until I installed the MadStad Ultimate Bumper and switched the wiring to the LED strip in the Bumper.

I'm in the process of trying to retrofit a pair of 90mm Hella High Beam headlights and a pair of 90mm Hella Low Beam headlights to replace all 4 outer headlights, but it's taking me a while to get everything ready for final assembly. Given the size of the stock outer headlight units, it might be easier to retrofit 60mm Hella Headlights instead since those headlights should fit more easily in the stock headlight covers. Once I get things working to my satisfaction, I'll post a DIY on the process.

I had also thought about using the new Morimoto Sealed3 LED headlights either as a par of High/Low Beam Bi-LED units or as 2 pairs of High and 2 pairs of Low beam units - https://www.theretrofitsource.…sal-headlights?quantity=1. I finally chose to try the Hella units after finding them at an excellent price and I was also concerned about having to eventually replace the entire Morimoto LED headlight assembly once the bulbs weakened or failed. Since the Morimoto units are also 90mm units, they would also require some mods to the stock headlight covers and careful positioning to get the maximum light output through the stock headlight covers.

• BKL has done lots of research on headlights for the Slingshot for all of us. If I was making a head light change I WOULD listen to him.

Thanks for endorsement, but these new headlights I'm experiementing with require some major redesign. I'm taking my time and hope to get some thing posted soon. My original headlight covers had broken mounting tabs on both of them and I had to order replacements so I can try to get the new headlights properly centered wit respect to the headlight covers. If I were to remove the headlight covers, repositioning the new headlights for general use would be a snap, but the headlights would then be naked!;)

• Thanks for endorsement, but these new headlights I'm experiementing with require some major redesign. I'm taking my time and hope to get some thing posted soon. My original headlight covers had broken mounting tabs on both of them and I had to order replacements so I can try to get the new headlights properly centered wit respect to the headlight covers. If I were to remove the headlight covers, repositioning the new headlights for general use would be a snap, but the headlights would then be naked!;)

The only Naked things we want around the Slingshot is a female

• I changed my headlights to LED a few months ago for the brightness in the daytime hopefully to get other drivers attention. I seldom ride at night but I'm sure they would light up everything in front of you. It's a reasonably priced mod too.

Psalm 28:4 "Give to them according to the evil of their deeds"

"Attitude determines airspeed, throttle determines touchdown point"

TheDonFather - Videos