Wanted: Dual bubble windshield set P/N 2880661

• I saw one on eBay last month for $150 in great condition. 3 months ago there was a dealer in Canada selling old stock open box but never used for $200-$300 shipped. Not sure if either are still there. I have one I MIGHT get rid of. Bought one new and have yet to mount it or ride with it so I’m not sure if I’ll like it yet or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• I saw one on eBay last month for $150 in great condition. 3 months ago there was a dealer in Canada selling old stock open box but never used for $200-$300 shipped. Not sure if either are still there. I have one I MIGHT get rid of. Bought one new and have yet to mount it or ride with it so I’m not sure if I’ll like it yet or not.

Wind turbulence may effect track speed!!!!!!!!!!!

• not that long ago you could find them new on Amazon for around $80 - - that's when I got mine. I think some dealers had extra stock that wasn't selling so they dumped it - - these days they seem to go for much higher

personally I absolutely love them, but at $299 - - that's just too much

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Who was it here that made the statement to the effect that the SlingShot has the aerodynamics of a parachute? :/

Bill

I think I made the statement that they are about as aerodynamic as a barn. Somewhere between 140 mph and 145 mph seems to be the slingshots aerodynamic wall. Once you get to that point the speedometer just crawls regardless of how much power you’re making.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• Wanted to buy: Dual bubble windshield set, Polaris part number 2880661. Please PM me with condition, price, and photo(s).

Thanks !

Steve

I have a set I think are new. there was a guy on here who wanted a bigger windshield and I had one just laying around so traded it for the double bubbles. Never been installed. I used my old set I had to try to practice some cutting on them, did not turn out so well. so I never done anything with the new ones. I've been looking for one of them small windshields.

:flag_United_States::BLACKSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS:

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

Let me know if you want to sell it. I intend to test both the double bubble and no windshield later on this summer when the heat comes to Texas. I hope the extra air circulation will cool things down a bit and make riding/driving a little more comfortable.

• I have a set I think are new. there was a guy on here who wanted a bigger windshield and I had one just laying around so traded it for the double bubbles. Never been installed. I used my old set I had to try to practice some cutting on them, did not turn out so well. so I never done anything with the new ones. I've been looking for one of them small windshields.

I sent you a private message aka "conversation". Let's see what we can work out.

Thanks,

Steve

• stevel53 Bring air movement into the cockpit --- simple funnel and some shop vac hose... pictures aren't pretty but you should get the idea

funnel attached to inner fender

hose raps just under the hood to cockpit

these picture are on the drivers side --- on my slingshot

I have on both sides. Just some thoughts

• Let me know if you want to sell it. I intend to test both the double bubble and no windshield later on this summer when the heat comes to Texas. I hope the extra air circulation will cool things down a bit and make riding/driving a little more comfortable.

Just a heads up if you do try the Double bubbles out for the first time. I know first hand as to NOT have a quarter to half filled big gulp cup of soda in your cup holders at high speeds. I had the unfortunate experience of having the entire cup get sucked up by the circulating wind. That wasn't bad enough, but it then did a Linda Blair impersonation from the Exorcist - it hovered over the console, spun around and sucked the top off the cup before spilling the remaining soda all over me and the interior. While Coke may remove rust from chrome bumpers, it makes one hell of a mess trying to clean up once it dries.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Thanks to all who replied. Thanks to a wonderful member of this forum, I now have a pair of bubbles to try in the Summer.

I'm really impressed and grateful for all the help offered.

Best Regards,

Steve

• Steve might want to keep your current shield for riding in cooler weather. Lots of the Guys change them out for weather condition.