Coffee Drinkers AERO PRESS

• Like a couple of cups of coffee in the morning and was wondering if anyone else uses an "Aero Press"? I normally don't use it unless I make myself a single cup in the afternoon. Sure does make a great cup of coffee.

Psalm 28:4 "Give to them according to the evil of their deeds"

"Attitude determines airspeed, throttle determines touchdown point"

TheDonFather - Videos

• I put away an entire pot of Mr. Coffee between 5am and 8am

Hell I can even drink it cold.But I must say that 7/11 has the best coffee in my book

But I am lazy

Same, pot a day in that same window lol. Black Rifle is the flavor of the moment, but only cause I have pounds of it from last year's shooting season. As long as it's black and leaded I'm good!

• Same, pot a day in that same window lol. Black Rifle is the flavor of the moment, but only cause I have pounds of it from last year's shooting season. As long as it's black and leaded I'm good!

Black Rifle is good coffee and I used to buy it but then a fella in town here started roasting and he does one heck of a job. I can walk in and buy a few pounds and walk out too. Don't have to wait for BRCC to send it....

TheDonFather - Videos

• drfubar

Changed the title of the thread from “Coffee Drinkers” to “Coffee Drinkers AERO PRESS”.
  • Like a couple of cups of coffee in the morning and was wondering if anyone else uses an "Aero Press"? I normally don't use it unless I make myself a single cup in the afternoon. Sure does make a great cup of coffee.

I don't use that exact one, but I've been using a French press for years to make my coffee. The one for the house is 34oz, but I have a small one with about the same capacity as that aero press along with a backpacking pot to boil the water that I took with me everywhere I went while I was in the army (even crappy army coffee grounds taste better when brewed in a french press). I've started cutting out a small piece of paper filter to add to the filtration now that I'm older to minimize potential cholesterol impact and remove the old sludge at the bottom of the cup. I enjoy using a "manual" process to make my coffee and as long as I have access to coffee, water, and heat I can always make it (I even have a manual hand grinder to grind my beans right before brewing). Power went out for several hours on Saturday morning a few weeks ago. Just went out to the grill and fired up the ole side burner and had a pot of coffee ready to go in about 10 minutes for me and my wife. All those electric coffee makers were useless until the power came back on after lunch.

I bought a Bonavita immersion dripper (sort of like a pour over pot) last year and really like that if I'm just making a cup for me. Fills my yeti camp cup to the top and stays nice and hot the whole time. Uses cone filters so easy to use / clean.

FB - North Alabama Polaris Slingshot Owners - (Huntsville)

• Black Rifle is good coffee and I used to buy it but then a fella in town here started roasting and he does one heck of a job. I can walk in and buy a few pounds and walk out too. Don't have to wait for BRCC to send it....

Lucky son of a gun. Way back in my GI days; my great grandmother had coffee trees in the yard (probably still there). One day while I was on leave she picked the beans and sun roasted them. Best coffee I EVER had. Couldn't touch the common crap for over 2 years.

Tried a french press, and wasn't impressed. Though I probably should use the more coarse grind.

I use it when on the road, gave up expecting hotels to have decent coffee regardless of how many stars they have in their name.

The coffee of choice is Jamaican blue mountain coffee unless is on backorder if so then Mr Peet's Italian roast will do since I can get it at the local byerlys

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

Okay, great thread. I’m a coffee aficionado like many of us are. I have several types of coffee makers including a French press and a couple K-cup machines but was not familiar with the Aeropress. After reading about it online & on this thread, decided I just HAD to get one. For $30, why not?! Got it yesterday. Tried it out this morning & OMG!!! I’m extremely impressed! It makes fantastic coffee! Thanks so much for sharing this! I like the portability for road trips too.

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Okay, great thread. I’m a coffee aficionado like many of us are. I have several types of coffee makers including a French press and a couple K-cup machines but was not familiar with the Aeropress. After reading about it online & on this thread, decided I just HAD to get one. For $30, why not?! Got it yesterday. Tried it out this morning & OMG!!! I’m extremely impressed! It makes fantastic coffee! Thanks so much for sharing this! I like the portability for road trips too.

Yep, the guy I buy my coffee from recommended it last time I was in there. So I went straight home and bought one. They do work well. Glad I could help.

TheDonFather - Videos