Secondary battery terminals for power

• I like my FZ-1. If I decide later I want my Chaser lights on the switched circuit I only have to move the fuse over. Might be doing that if I keep forgetting to turn them off during the day.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• I did run 2 batteries for a short time. I ended up just putting a 220amp alternator on.

The two batteries didn't charge at the same time. There is an isolator that switched back and forth.

I'm running a two battery setup but separated with a relay instead of a isolator. Both batteries charge at the same time but work independently when the ignition is off.

Been running this way over a year without issue

• The nice thing about @chavey2's setup is that he has relays protecting each switch so the switch only carries a few milliamps to trigger the relay instead of the full amperage of the circuit being activated.

Yep, that's the way I wired it. Power comes through the fuse to the switch to turn on the relay. Main power then goes to the relay to the unit. I did it this way because I planned on adding a train horn that might be pulling 20-25amps at some point, other wise you could wire it to run 12 circuits (6 on fuse, 6 on relay). My plans have changed now so I don't need that much amperage, which is why I suggested the FZ-1 unit instead. If you don't want it switchable with the ignition, you can just run a regular marine fuse panel such as the Blue Sea Fuse Block.