Going to purchase PRP SS Seats ..few questions

• Saw few seats at Maggie Valley and would like to know what others think about options.

See they have 2" plus foam and wonder what other riders think of this in SS .Is it comfortable and does it make you feel to high sitting on it..I am 6' tall ??
    Does the lumbar give good support on back with this option ???

And has anyone ordered Mandarin Orange color seats..And wonder if it has a orange / red look or really orange ???

I had a Mini S Cooper with Redwood interior and luv ed it and with Titanium Color and Orange interior wonder if to bold..

The other seats I may order are Gray Suede and wonder what suede does in rain and how wet it stays and how hard to get it dry.

Or is this suede PRP uses pretty water resisting ??????

• Hi!
    The suede is weather resistant but will hold the moisture longer...I have the gen 1 seats and love them!

• I also have the PRP seats and LOVE them. I like the seat of the gen 1's, which is what I have, but I like the back portion look to the gen 2's. Though I haven't sat in the gen 2's. I would recommend treating them with some 3M Scotch guard before install if you go with anything other than the marine grade vinyl. Either way, I'm sure you will be happy with the purchase!

• I have Gen 2 seats. Cannot express how much I love them! Rode 1974 miles for the MV meet and they were amazingly comfortable on the interstate and felt great in all the twisties. Best investment I have made for the SS (except for Bill Hahn's QA-1s).

• I'll be honest I've heard two schools of thought, one loves them the other has removed them some say they're hot others say they lack lower back support, some swear by their comfort and like previously mentioned " best investment ever made". I imagine it's like shopping for a new mattress if you know what I mean

• We had the gen 1 seats installed in Eureka Springs last year and we love them. I thought the factory seats were comfortable but not compared to the PRP seats, + we don't get near as much swamp ass as we did with the factory seats. The lumbar pump is nice for long trips

• we purchased the gen 2 seats with 2 inches extra foam, steve is 6'1" and it is the perfect height for him to have line of sight just above the f4+3 windshield which was ultimately a problem he had with stock seats and looking half thru the taller windshield and half over the windshield.. that messes with your depth perception and causes all kinds of eye tricks! He also had to move his drivers seat forward a notch or two which allowed him to recline the back more where the stock seats had him pushed all the way back. The addition foam however renders the bottom bolsters kind of just for looks, as the thick cushion sits almost level with top of bolsters. The comfort and seat difference is truly amazing. Very comfortable seats. Although on several hour long rides, any seat is going to become uncomfortable... now for the drawbacks... not sure if the matte fabrics are more / less or the same as far as resisting water/ marine grade.. but we expected to be able to wipe the seats down after a rain, as we did with stock and have a dry seat. Not the case. It absorbs quite a bit of water, we wipe them out, sit down and our behinds are dampened (not soaked)by the foam and fabric absorbing some water. We learned to take those cushions out and take to hotel room..we came thru rain headed home from maggie valley, and i took the seats out opened the zipper so they would dry out faster. 3 days later we went for a ride and our pants were dampened again. The foam is wrapped with a very thin surran wrap type plastic, with clear tape to secure it ?( i was not happy to find out that the stock seats were actually marine grade materials and the PRP gen 2s with matte fabrics were.... like cotton balls in the rain.. :( im not impressed with the foam being wrapped in super thin plastic and secured with clear tape either. Apparently the surran wrap is full of tiny holes that allows water to enter the foam, but difficult to allow it to exit or dry out. Seen quite a few of the gen1 at maggie valley, again it could be fabric choice but they appeared to have more of a "marine grade" feel. The gen 2 also do not have the side seat belt holder. The look and feel as well as the comfort are A + 8o the "marine grade" is quite questionable. 8|

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• Angel is it worth going to upholstery shop and getting thin rain covers made up to fit over Gen 2 PRP's for rain use ???

I am thinking of sticking with Gen 2 but no extra padding but with Lumbar support .
    I have Titanium SS and was going to gamble with Mandarin Orange covering ???? would like to see them in person ..LOL
    My second choice is Light Gray Suede with Tuxedo Gray Tweed which I believe I will go with .

I was afraid PRP seats would dampen pants or worse with rain use..
    But if we can make rain covers and they ( PRP SS )are more comfortable than stock seats I believe they worth purchasing.

Are you sorry you purchased SS seat now and did not get 1 gen ???? Did you get Lumbar Pump installed in yours??
    Thank You for write up.

• still happy with the purchase, as they are comfortable, and yes they look better than the stock ones. Before purchasing, I did ask slingmods if the fabric choices mattered as far as wet seats, and while the response I got did not mention matte fabrics, they did say tweed and suede will absorb water and take longer to dry out just because of that fabric. The matte light grey is what we went with, and the sides had the pvl shiny black, with havasu red ( also pvl shiny) for piping. The shiny material does not hold any water.. and that may be the actual marine grade material... if i had to do over, i would have used that material all over, simply because, when your riding, rain can and will happen.. and I would have went with the gen 1 for the seat belt loop, as we really dont forsee upgrading to the 4 point harnesses. No, we did not do the lower lumbar, @airoutlaw had extensive lower spinal surgery in december and lumbar supports have never served him well. No complaints as far as comfort... as I say, any seat you sit in for a long period is going to wear on you... yes, Im thinking for certain, the inside foam "liner" needs redone at the very least. Maybe using one of those large storage bags they sell to declutter your closets, pack several blankets in and vacuum the air out.... :) i could just use more surran wrap... :thumbdown:
    Will certainly have to recover the foam or i am afraid it will mold holding water.

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)