Ramps for maintance

• Well I was going to ask if you all drive forward or back up to get on your ramps. I seen a photo with the ramps facing forward and thought that looks strange but it keep the incline part out of the way working under the sling so maybe a good idea. Then I thought well if I come down off the ramps to far I might break a fender on the top of the ramp. Hmm I took the ramps out to the sling just now and see that you can't fit the ramp in front of the rear tire so it has to be back up them. I got to quit this over thinking everything. My guitar instructor keeps telling me that. But Susan is happy the ramps are out of the living room after sitting there a week.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Make sure that you have good friction on the rear ramp when you try backing up onto it. There have been several incidents where folks have reported the ramp losing its friction with the concrete and being launched under the Slingshot.

If I plan on having my Slingshot out of commission for an extended period, I use jack-stands, especially if I'll be working on the wheels. IF I want maximum clearance under my Slingshot, I use some homemade wooden wheel blocks under each wheel. They provide me over 24" of clearance under the Slingshot, although using them requires a two stage lifting process to get the blocks stacked together under each wheel. See - DIY Wooden Stands to safely work under my Slingshot.

• I believe the notion of the rear wheel launching a ramp forward under the Sling, while backing onto it, is a myth. I don't believe it's possible for that to happen for the same reason I can't drive my Sling forward onto the ramp - it simply won't fit. I've never had any issues with traction between the rear wheel and the ramp or with traction between the ramp and my garage floor. My biggest fear is knowing when to hit the brakes when all three wheels have crested the top of the ramps... lol

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• I feel the same way. I have one of those ramp thing for my boat trailer. Pull the good wheel up on the ramp and the wheel with the flat lifts off the ground on that side. Worked fine till the wheel went off the back side and the ramp was wedged between the two wheels. Thought I would never get it out of there.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• You use ramps?? How old fashioned. :)

You should have a 5 foot deep, 9 foot long, 30 inch wide cement grease pit conveniently built into your garage floor.

When we were house hunting 16 years ago, I looked in the window of the garage, saw the 4 x 12 creosoted bridge planks set level with the floor and told my wife, "You better like the house, because we are buying this garage."

Just have to be careful to stop before the back wheel drops in. Better to hand push it over the pit.

• I found that it easier to back up onto the front ramps and after the sling is in place to jack the rear carefully. Once high enough I put jack stands in place. I've had to much trouble getting the rear ramp to stay put as it keeps slipping away.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2018 Slingshot SL

Sunset Red

Reading, PA 19606

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

• I finally found some pics of my grease pit.

2 1/2 blocks wide, with 120 outlet. 4x12 planks in upper right hand. You can see the groove for the planks.

Has cement floor with a 6 inch "drain hole" in one corner. Probably for rain and snow melt drip.

To change oil in a vehicle, I put one of the blanks in place under the engine and set a drain pan on it.

No, that's not a Sling. That's a 2010 Vibe.

• Very cool, we almost bought one of those weird A-frame houses just because it had one of those pits! One day I will have one or a garage big enough for a lift! That has to be super handy! Nice!

• Well I was going to ask if you all drive forward or back up to get on your ramps. I seen a photo with the ramps facing forward and thought that looks strange but it keep the incline part out of the way working under the sling so maybe a good idea. Then I thought well if I come down off the ramps to far I might break a fender on the top of the ramp. Hmm I took the ramps out to the sling just now and see that you can't fit the ramp in front of the rear tire so it has to be back up them. I got to quit this over thinking everything. My guitar instructor keeps telling me that. But Susan is happy the ramps are out of the living room after sitting there a week.

Psalm 28:4 "Give to them according to the evil of their deeds"

"Attitude determines airspeed, throttle determines touchdown point"

TheDonFather - Videos