Classic Car Pricing: - Who's Got 'Em and Who Wants to Sell?

• ding ding ding, you're right, Lotus Evora. If we get it, that would make 9 vehicles, plus a boat, 2 jet skis, 34' camper, full wood working shop, and all contents of a 4-bedroom home and garage. 34 days and I'm retired. I like it, but WTF! I want to wait till we have something in TN or KY. She is so spoiled... might as well say we'll get it. :cursing:If she wasn't so damn cute, I would fight her on this. Guys, you need to support me not her||

Well, no offense but you're not that cute.

I know you've been counting the days and you will retire a successful man. Congratulations sir, I'd embrace that. Many don't achieve what you have.

Best of luck finding your paradise!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• BKL are you any closer to replacing your Sling?

At the moment, I do not have a Driver's License. Went to renew my DL and the TX DMV Medical Advisory Board placed a new request for my medical history due to my crash in Sep 21 in which I totaled my Wife's car and 3 cars parked side-by-side in a driveway due to extremely low blood sugar. I currently have the case appealed in local court, but the DMV claims they can prevent me renewing my DL while they review whether or not to revoke my DL.

Once I get everything worked out, hopefully favorable for my DL, I must admit that I'm a little gun-shy of getting another Slingshot and am thinking about a Pontiac Solstice GXP or a Saturn Sky Redline, either of which has basically the same HP I had with my Slingshot and about the same 0-60 times.

I hope to soon clean out my garage and try to get rid of any old Slingshot parts.

• At the moment, I do not have a Driver's License. Went to renew my DL and the TX DMV Medical Advisory Board placed a new request for my medical history due to my crash in Sep 21 in which I totaled my Wife's car and 3 cars parked side-by-side in a driveway due to extremely low blood sugar. I currently have the case appealed in local court, but the DMV claims they can prevent me renewing my DL while they review whether or not to revoke my DL.

Once I get everything worked out, hopefully favorable for my DL, I must admit that I'm a little gun-shy of getting another Slingshot and am thinking about a Pontiac Solstice GXP or a Saturn Sky Redline, either of which has basically the same HP I had with my Slingshot and about the same 0-60 times.

I hope to soon clean out my garage and try to get rid of any old Slingshot parts.

Good luck in any direction you take!

• 8 vehicles are not enough, my wife just showed me this and wants to look at it:00008359:

01111_f5Bm9Nbv7uYz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

REALLY!!!! I want to move south, how many trips will I have to make with just vehicles?:cursing:

Lotus Evora, one of the cars on my short list that I will own. Fun cars and the whole "adding lightness" philosophy makes for some fun and interesting cars. We were looking at getting one a couple of years ago, but the wife was set on getting an F-type, if it was up to me completely it would have been the Lotus. If you have not driven that one yet, go drive it, but then go drive an S, the supercharger is a ton of fun. Good aftermarket support if you want to modify it and if you get the 2+2 you can cram some small kids in the back ;)

• Lotus Evora, one of the cars on my short list that I will own. Fun cars and the whole "adding lightness" philosophy makes for some fun and interesting cars. We were looking at getting one a couple of years ago, but the wife was set on getting an F-type, if it was up to me completely it would have been the Lotus. If you have not driven that one yet, go drive it, but then go drive an S, the supercharger is a ton of fun. Good aftermarket support if you want to modify it and if you get the 2+2 you can cram some small kids in the back ;)

Nice take Dave@DDMWorks but I can't imagine rounding up someone else's snotnose kids to throw in the back of my new Evora!

Shatneyman you could always add another couple hundred grand and go with the Aston Martin Vanquish.

• Nice take Dave@DDMWorks but I can't imagine rounding up someone else's snotnose kids to throw in the back of my new Evora!

Shatneyman you could always add another couple hundred grand and go with the Aston Martin Vanquish.

I wish,.. I like to get cars that you can drive around and if they get a scratch, it's not a big deal, cars are made to be driven, not just looked at or driven once a year

• I wish,.. I like to get cars that you can drive around and if they get a scratch, it's not a big deal, cars are made to be driven, not just looked at or driven once a year

I smell what you're walkin' in brother! I have no garage queens and never will. Since I started this thread 2 years ago I picked up the five 60's classics below, each for less than $15k. For the price of a new C8 mid-engine Corvette I bought these cars, a 2008 Corvette with 5,800 miles and my new 2016 Slingshot. Look at all the fun and different experiences I get for my money. As much as I'd love driving that C8, I'd be worried sick about scratches, damage and depreciation. I'm not saying I wouldn't buy it if I had more money, but I don't. These cars suit my style, personality and condition (old and quirky but complete and running, with some creaks and groans). Plus I know what all the parts do and I can tinker, tune and improve (all but the Vette). Life is for our entertainment - do whatever trips your trigger, floats your boat and makes your socks go up and down! Apologize to no one. Anyway, I'm truly glad you're ready to put the stressful job behind you and I do hope to shake your hand in person one day. The friends I've made here are, and continue to be, real. Peace from the Great NW!

Left to right:

1963 Mercury Meteor, Caldwell, ID

1963 Ford Fairlane Sports Coupe 500, Bakersfield, CA

1965 Mercury Comet Caliente Convertible, Palmdale, CA

1965 Dodge Coronet 440, Lake City, WA

1966 Plymouth VIP, Sammamish, WA

2008 Corvette, Ring, TX

And of course, my baby!

2016.5 Polaris Slingshot, Minneapolis, MN

(Behind the McClaren - had ya goin, didn't I?)

Here's a better shot:

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S BROTHERS & SISTERS!

• If anyone is looking to buy a 60's classic, take a look here. I know the guy selling this one and might be able to work a deal for you. Plus it can be delivered anywhere with roads. Tell your friends! I need to thin the herd or build a shop. Building will take time so this one is on the block.

https://portland.craigslist.or…00-sports/7576266159.html

• If anyone is looking to buy a 60's classic, take a look here. I know the guy selling this one and might be able to work a deal for you. Plus it can be delivered anywhere with roads. Tell your friends! I need to thin the herd or build a shop. Building will take time so this one is on the block.

https://portland.craigslist.or…00-sports/7576266159.html

I have a guy looking at buying my 35 Ford Hot Rod

• MECUM Auction is on MOTOR TREND TV thru this weekend (Kissimmee, Fla.)

I know the owner of ERA Replica Automobiles in New Britain CT, Peter Portante.

They produce arguably the finest Cobra Replica cars in the world.

Peter owns the original GT40 MK IV J10 automobile.

Only 12 were built, and Ken Miles was killed testing one. (Ford vs. Ferrari)

It will be at the block Saturday afternoon.

Carini is representing the car.

It's target price is 2-2.5 million.

It is Docket #S235 on Saturday.

Should be interesting!

Peter is a fabulous guy.

Was in his shop right before The Vid hit, and we had a nice lunch together.

Hope he gets it!!

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555: