Classic Car Pricing: - Who's Got 'Em and Who Wants to Sell?

• I will sell my 1935 Ford 2 door Flat back Sedan Hot Rod. The car was built and painted (Hand Rubbed Black Lacquer) in 1974 in Decator, Ala. by Dwight Guch. 1974 350 Chev. with a 400 trans. Corvair front susp. with a 1968 Camaro 3.08 rear end. It was a show car when I bought it but I have put around 100,000 miles on it. It has not been out of the play room since 2005.

• Bingo! 1965 Mercury Comet Caliente Convertible. 1 of 6,016. Glad you guys had such a fantastic trip out west!. It was fun to follow.

What I want to know is how you keep finding all these sweet rides and are you planning to flip any of them ? 🤔

• What I want to know is how you keep finding all these sweet rides and are you planning to flip any of them ? 🤔

Well I have a nose like a bloodhound. And a lot of free time. This one came out of Palmdale, CA, totally rust free. A 2,000 mile round trip.

No I plan on keeping them all right side up.

Seriously though I thought the last two would be candidates for flippers but I like them more than I need the money, but you'd be surprised how little i actually have into them. I feel like I could make $5-6k on that convertible right now but the look I got from the wife when she first circled says nah, summer time cruises and drive-in movies sounds like more fun. So I worked this into my retirement plan. Buy the cars now then sell them to buy food and diapers later on when I'm ready.:man_in_manual_wheelchair_medium_light_skin_tone:

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Well I haven't posted here for a while so here's another one. My buddy Lee, who obviously has a higher level of insanity than me, decided to buy this one near Chattanooga, TN so we made a 6,802 mile round trip to pick it up.

It's a 1963 Mercury Meteor like the one I posted up earlier in this thread.

We stopped in Phoenix for 3 days on the way home and went to the NASCAR race.

We were 9 rows up, on the start/finish line just to the right of where I took this picture. Great day and perfect weather.

We also got buzzed by a B2 Stealth bomber near Edwards air force base. Took this pic from a rolling truck so not so good.

It's the little spot in the upper right. Hard to tell it has a 178 ft wing span. He flew right over us but I was slow with the camera.

• Just got back from Hot August Nights in Reno. It was my first time and I had a blast! I drove down with buddy Lee who trailered down his 1963 Mercury Meteor that we picked up in Tennessee in April (see post 131 above) to sell in the auction. My wife flew down and her sister (my sister-in-law) and her husband (my brother-in-law-law) drove down to fill out the party. Lee sold the Meteor on Friday

so he decided to sell the 22 ft, 14k trailer that he bought in Tennessee to bring the car home on, and used to trailer the car down to Reno, so he wouldn't have to drag it home. He put it in the Saturday auction, sold it, then bought another car about 45 minutes later. That's the way he rolls!

A 2016 Slingshot with the Trakhammer kit and a turbo sold for $25.5k. Sorry no pic. I didn't take pics of all the cool cars since there was about 50k of them in town. Definitely worth the trip if you're into the old iron. I have plans to go back next year.

And a good time was had by all!