2021 Slingshot

• I noticed that the 2021 base model "S" comes with more traditional style tubular roll hoops - - seems as if Polaris wants to make it harder to upgrade the base with things like an aftermarket top - - probably hoping to push people into the higher up models

As a side note I dont think the "s" roll hoops look nearly as nice as the aftermarket Assault Cobra style roll hoops

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Went to the dealer today and did a test ride in the manual version of the 2020 R. As stated above its just about identical to the 2021 R. I believe the only difference is Apple carplay (I have a samsung phone anyway) and the hill assist holding aren't a feature of the 2020. The instrument cluster, navigation, stereo and display are impressive even in bright sunlight!. Unfortunately the area within the test drive doesn't offer much chance to experience the engine performance. Not to mention I was holding back as the salesman was along on the ride. I can say it has a tighter, more solid feel & a much higher red line which I didn't gat a chance to come anywhere near. Especially the steering is much more responsive. Very nice machine but for now I'm holding. The trade in value was far below my expectations vs. the cost of a the machine I want. (I realize the dealer has got to make a profit and I'll respect that).

Beautiful machine with some great updates. It's in the cards. Just sometime down the road. I have a lot of miles left in my current SL.

Frank I know that you have been out and about with your Slingshot. How many miles have you got on it?

• Frank I know that you have been out and about with your Slingshot. How many miles have you got on it?

Millage has been down this year. I put far more miles on the motorcycle, close to 7K in about 6 months (group rides). That being said I only have just over 10K on the sling total (2017 model). I use it a few times a week but mostly on short local rides. No club or group rides around here that would make longer rides much better. Perhaps a slingshot event is in order :). Its in great shape (no defects) only offered 11.5 on trade. No iron butt award here. It's good to hold on for many years. Just curious about the ride difference on the new machines and how the numbers would play out.

Did you hit 100K yet? Got to be close?

• Frankie55

I just bought a 2020 R with the 5 speed manual about 3 weeks ago. Actually it took 3 weeks to get it, but I absolutely LOVE IT!!

The dealer keeps telling me I made the right choice even though I had to order it and I agree. It is Miami Blue BTW. I am hopefully going to get some of my customized parts in next week and get them installed.

• I am around 104,000 on Sling I and I think 14,000 on Sling II. I will look tomorrow for the real numbers:thumbsup:

Next Spring I may have to Drive the Slingshot to California just to catch up. I could do the 5000+ mile round trip in 7 days? I have done 900 one day a couple of years ago.

• Frankie55

I just bought a 2020 R with the 5 speed manual about 3 weeks ago. Actually it took 3 weeks to get it, but I absolutely LOVE IT!!

The dealer keeps telling me I made the right choice even though I had to order it and I agree. It is Miami Blue BTW. I am hopefully going to get some of my customized parts in next week and get them installed.

Nice, I'm envious! That's the machine I rode today, beautiful! Yes I really liked it, great choice. For myself, If the trade value was a bit higher? You can't go wrong with it, it has a solid tight strong feel, strong engine and the amenities are top notch. Enjoy, I'm wishing, but down the road!

• FunCycle is over the 100,000 mark --- I'm 98,000+ won't hit the hundred in 2020, I'll have to see how many I can do we we make it to Florida in Jan 2021.

Nice, a grade on a curve due to the less than optimal weather in Illinois, you're beyond there!

Enjoy the snowbird trip! Keep us posted!

:00000436: :trophy:

• Nice, a grade on a curve due to the less than optimal weather in Illinois, you're beyond there!

Enjoy the snowbird trip! Keep us posted!

:00000436: :trophy:

I'll get in a few more miles before I head south. May have to plug in the LOOOONG extension cord to plug in my heated Gerbing jacket liner. Temps the next few days in lower 30s°

• I'll get in a few more miles before I head south. May have to plug in the LOOOONG extension cord to plug in my heated Gerbing jacket liner. Temps the next few days in lower 30s°

I have been riding during the past week 32-60 degrees. I just plug in the vest. I rode with the heat on the whole time I was in Clarksville and in Bristol it was just a little cool.

• Does anyone out there have a 2020 "R" with a manual shift. What's your opinion. My dealer has one (Miami Blue) in stock and I'm going to look at it tomorrow. I my be able to get a good deal with the 2021's coming out.

I do have one and the same color too. I got mine in August and haven't had any problems with it. I too prefer the manual shift as most of us older guy do that grew up with them.