HELP with DDM short throw shifter install

• Need some advice on the install. Didn't see anywhere this happened to someone else...so of course it would be me...

I was installing the small white plastic bushing on the end of the new shifter. Greased it up and couldn't quite snap it in place so I gave it a little pop with a rubber mallet. It snapped right on, but 3 of the little black push pins went flying. There are 3 left in it. Anyone know if that's going to create any problems? Assume they just keep the bushing on and it seems to still be on there good. Where would I even get a new one? Thanks all.

• It has been a long time since I installed my DDM short shifter, but if I remember correctly I think those are bearings and would suspect you would not want to run it without them

Perhaps Dave@DDMWorks can be of more help

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Yes those are bearings. I would want them in there because I’m anal but a friend of mine lost a couple of his and installed it without them and has no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Need some advice on the install. Didn't see anywhere this happened to someone else...so of course it would be me...

I was installing the small white plastic bushing on the end of the new shifter. Greased it up and couldn't quite snap it in place so I gave it a little pop with a rubber mallet. It snapped right on, but 3 of the little black push pins went flying. There are 3 left in it. Anyone know if that's going to create any problems? Assume they just keep the bushing on and it seems to still be on there good. Where would I even get a new one? Thanks all.

Sorry for the delay, I was traveling to the great state of Michigan this weekend.

The 6 little bearings in the lower plastic cup are there to help keep that piece moving easily when it is installed. The plastic cap will stay on without them installed, we have had some customers say they lost all 6 of them and never reported any issues. That being said they are there for a reason, if you run into an issue, let us know, I believe we still have a couple of those in our spare parts area that we can help you out with.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with also,

Dave