Wrecking Crew / DMV owners roll call

• Just booked a room for Janet and I from 7 - 10 April.... looking forward to seeing everyone and having a great time riding and partying.

Question: have recently reconnected with a friend I grow up with, found out he and his wife live in Baskerville, Virginia, he said it is only about 14 miles from Clarksville ...;. got a favor, anyone going that has a Turbo SS that would be able to give him an awesome adrenalin rush....

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'

• Just booked a room for Janet and I from 7 - 10 April.... looking forward to seeing everyone and having a great time riding and partying.

Question: have recently reconnected with a friend I grow up with, found out he and his wife live in Baskerville, Virginia, he said it is only about 14 miles from Clarksville ...;. got a favor, anyone going that has a Turbo SS that would be able to give him an awesome adrenalin rush....

I think we can arrange that - tell him to bring a clean set of underwear

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

Question: have recently reconnected with a friend I grow up with, found out he and his wife live in Baskerville, Virginia, he said it is only about 14 miles from Clarksville ...;. got a favor, anyone going that has a Turbo SS that would be able to give him an awesome adrenalin rush...

There will be more than a few turbos, a few superchargers, and hopefully "the" V8.

While I am bone stock, I can offer a game of cat and mouse with the local police, with open containers of alcohol. The mayor of Clarksville was very impressed when I gave him a ride last fall, giggling like a teenager.

All choices will require a change of underwear.

• @hrmiracle,@Cameron Roberts, @MACAWS, @3rdwheel, @Gadgeteer, @Trucon01, @TheRock, @Jdin, @lrobbi, @WraithSS, @DocG, @Webweaver1021, @Ben67zl1, @jaytee, @V-SHOT, @Andy Hatch, @Tango, @jaytee, @Hpocus, @KayTwo, @Slej, @Silver Surfer, @ethermion, @dharmab, @Keithmo, @Bradshaw'sSS, @Sling Cat, @av8ingtom, @mytoy, @sideseatdriver, @adventure4me, @Nemesis1701, @Bubblehead, @DarkSquid, @Onegear, @Tripod, @BatPower, @RaiAvila, @pwmd, @WOLF, @BatPower

Attention crew members!

This is an administrative announcement.

Ahem.

Starting when I get around to it, I will be PMing many of you for contact information. I'm looking for names, email addresses, phone number, and postal address.

In return, you will get my contact info. Yay! Lucky you!

The purpose is to make sure that if there a crew event planned, or some crew secret information only to be shared with crew members, that you are aware even if you don't often hang on the forum. I may also, from time to time hassle you by phone or email when recruiting for events such as track day or a @MACAWS bash. Being hassled by me is not the end of the world, and I might make you laugh a bit.

What I will not do is share that information with anyone else. If someone wants to track you down, I will let you know and how to respond, then let it go from there. Privacy matters.

Thank you for your cooperation, or lack thereof.

• im here..sorry for being away for so long.. busy with launching satellites.

looks like im joining the boosted club. pulled the trigger on an alpha supercharger today.. wrench day coming!

• @MACAWS Hey Mitch you were mentioning a wrench night at your place the Friday night we all arrive in Clarksville. I'm looking at buying the headrest speaker pods and kicker speakers from Slingmods, still don't know which amp I would need or wires, but If I get them, think I can have some help installing them. I am really dumb when it comes to radios/speakers and amps ... what can I say, they didn't have all this crap when I was young lol

I know somebody at the Mini-Rally knows about electronics...

• I plan to be there and I'd be happy to help, all you have to do is admit that surface warriors are superior to bubbleheads! :whistling::00008356: I know a little bit about that stuff. I also believe @WraithSS is pretty knowledgable in this arena. Either way, I have zero doubt that between all the folks that will be there we can get it knocked out. @Bubblehead remind us what your current set up looks like. Any amps currently installed? Factory head unit or aftermarket? 2 or 4 speaker set up? Stock speakers or aftermarket?

• @Bubblehead my speaker pods are due to arrive today and I am sending them out for Hydro Dipping
    Then I am taking my SS to a local shop to install the amp and do the wiring - like you I am a lost when it comes to Stereo Equipment.
    All I am doing in advance is running power under the drivers seat and mounting the pods.

How ever if any of the stereo geeks coming that Friday want to take on a couple of installs I am up for the challenge.
    Just remember we all need to be at the staging area 8 ish the next morning.

Couldn't you pick an easy wrench day thing like n engine swap

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I plan to be there and I'd be happy to help, all you have to do is admit that surface warriors are superior to bubbleheads! :whistling::00008356: I know a little bit about that stuff. I also believe @WraithSS is pretty knowledgable in this arena. Either way, I have zero doubt that between all the folks that will be there we can get it knocked out. @Bubblehead remind us what your current set up looks like. Any amps currently installed? Factory head unit or aftermarket? 2 or 4 speaker set up? Stock speakers or aftermarket?

Well brother I have the Clarion with a baby amp in the cubby that would have to go - and SSV front pods.
    Someone recommended the Alpine F300 I think. My pods are due in today then going out for hydro dipping.
    Just need a recommendation on speakers I have Focal's up front I can pick up a matching set

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

There are only 2 types of seagoing vessels: submarines & targets... :D

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Well brother I have the Clarion with a baby amp in the cubby that would have to go - and SSV front pods.Someone recommended the Alpine F300 I think. My pods are due in today then going out for hydro dipping.
    Just need a recommendation on speakers I have Focal's up front I can pick up a matching set

Are you opposed to an amp under the seat?

As for speakers, if they fit, I would match what you are currently have, so long as you are happy with them.

Currently I have the Stock stereo and speakers and they work great just want to add a little more so I can hear the music at highway speeds.

• Are you opposed to an amp under the seat?

As for speakers, if they fit, I would match what you are currently have, so long as you are happy with them.

I figure I do not have much of a choice but to go under the drivers seat.
    If you are up for the challenge let me know what materials and components you need and what I can do in advance. I can run the power under the seat and Have all the wiring run (just tell me how many wires and where you want them)
    I don't know if you have ever seen the mess of wires that come with the clarion but it is mind boggling.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• @TheRock I don't even have a clue which amp to get, I looked at Bestbuy and Walmart and they have so many and I don't understand amps/watts/channels. If you or anyone can recommend a good amp that I would need to connect the original SS Speakers and the headrest speakers and doesn't cost and arm & leg please suggest.