Everything on the 2nd Amendment

• If I'm shot at with ANY rifle or gun, then the shooter better have GREAT aim since it will be the last thing he's ever going to do in this earth!! There will only be one additional shot being heard - and for him, that one will be incoming and a direct hit

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• You know guys, self defense is just one use for a firearm and training can take many forms. I can't be the only guy who likes to move the target out just for fun and to challenge myself. I can hit the paper at 50 yds with my S&W Model 19 .357mag 6 inch barrel wheel gun, and I enjoy picking out a 2 or 3 foot diameter rock on the gravel pit wall 100 yards out and see how many rounds it takes to hit it with my Desert Eagle .44mag 6 inch barrel semi auto (the goal is 2 or less). For me, variety is part of the enjoyment of shooting, not just all self defense discipline. I guess that's why I go to the woods instead of the range.

I still can't shoot around corners. Gonna work on that Shadrac . Do you have Angelina's phone number?

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I was going to say nearly the same thing Slinglow said but he beat me to it. Shooting a handgun or any gun is much more then self defense for me. I shoot for the fun of it and really don't thing shooting in self defense would be any fun. I wouldn't be looking for the time in the court house. Yes it maybe a good legal shoot but that doesn't mean the bad guys family wouldn't like to live in your house and spend your money. All it takes is a jury feeling sorry for the family in civil court and you will be packing and moving out. Yep you are still alive and maybe homeless. As for the guy running he is just going to die tired.

I have shot many rocks they are really fun when over 300 yards away with a good rifle. It is also rewarding to pull your target and see a good group in the center.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Just bought a new Glock 40 Gen 4 MOS 10mm. It is a long slide I think I am going to like it. It is my first Glock of many handgun. Putting a red dot on it and will be reloading my ammo as it uses my 40 S&W dies.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

Wanted to share my new T-Shirt

And that FL's Constitutional carry bill passed the State House today, now on to the State Senate (where it will pass), and then to the Governors desk where he has pledged to sign it when presented.

...... politician-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• If I could figure out how to bring my valley and creek with me I would almost be willing to gamble with the hurricanes again :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I just added a red dot to my favorite carry weapon. I went with the Holosun HS507K X2 for $279 + tax. I could have spent more for the Leupold, Trijicon or Vortex Viper, around the same for the Vortex Venom, and less for the Sig Romeo Zero, Burris, Primary Arms, Crimson Trace and several other models. I decided that middle of the road was better than the cheaper units for something that could potentially save my life. It has a 2 MOA dot with or without a 32 MOA circle around it which was a major reason to select this one. It has an aluminum housing as opposed to the polymer used by Sig and other less expensive models. As most do, it has shake-awake, adjustable brightness and night-vision settings and the battery can be changed without removal from the pistol. It also uses the RMSc mount footprint that attaches it directly to my weapon without an adapter plate. I chose the Holosun for the combination of features for the price, and I chose the K model over the C model which has a small solar panel on top because the solar panel does not charge the battery but simply powers the scope if the battery dies. I don't plan to let that happen. This thing is well built and appears to be tough and durable. It was close to zero on initial install and is holding zero so far (not that many rounds yet). It seems like if you have any part of the reticle on-target, it is a hit. Overall, I'm happy with my choice. I have cheaper red dots like the Bushnell TRS-25 on my AR (not a home defense weapon) and they work fine for range/target work but this is definitely a higher-quality optic.

My setup:

>Sig Sauer P365XL with manual safety, 12 rd flush mag, two 15 rd extended mags

>Clinger IWB/OWB/Appendix/Deep carry left-handed holster w/optic cutout (set up for IWB)

>Holosun 507K X2 Red Dot Optic

>Better You than Me Mentality

Yeah, there's a bit of 501 lint on there. No need to point it out. It's already back in my pants!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)