Audio Frustrations

• I have been doing business with an local upscale audio shop for 21 years. They have the reputation for charging a premium price but also do premium work. The owner designed a custom audio system and a basic perimeter security system. The system is all JL Audio products:

JL Audio MediaMaster screen/head unit.
    2 pairs of JL's highest end component sets
    2 amps
    1 10" woofer custom built for the passenger storage.
    Basic motorcycle perimeter security system

I have become extremely frustrated because today made 4.5 weeks since I dropped it off. The owner has came up with every excuse in the book and missed the last 3 deadlines he set. The excuses all center around the shop taking too many jobs and him having problems with his techs. With the basic nature of this system, I would expect a week max. I finally told him this evening that I will be there Wed. morning and the sling will be ready. No excuses will be accepted nor tolerated. I'm extremely easy going but this has pushed my calm demeanor.

So, am I justified or should I be more patient?

Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing.
    Moderation is for cowards.

• Yikes! Have you seen it at all? Maybe they messed up and are waiting for a part?

Hope it all turns out well! Thought this thread was going in a other direction...

I also have audio frustrations, but more with myself not making up my mind in terms of what I want...

Actually, I'd just like @WraithSSs Sling... Wanna trade sir? :D

• Wow 4 weeks, sorry to hear of your troubles.

I had a pioneer 7100, SiriusXM, SSV front and side pods, JL audio amp under the driver seat, 10" sub behind driver seat, front and rear camer wired on a switch in the dash and it was done in two days for around $2700

• Hehehe.....can always help make a copy.

@Drew71646 I would also ask for a size-able discount. Theses slingshot are EXTREMELY easy to wire up. Even with the head unit custom surround setup that I did taking my sweet time it did not take anywhere near what it is taking for your sling. Sorry to hear about your troubles brother.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• uh...4.5 weeks? Seriously? I worked for a shop where we ran the entire wiring for modern electronics in a 69 Camaro...ECU, lighting, tail lights, sound system, TV's...and anything else you could want...it took us 3 weeks. I would be livid if it were me. That makes no sense.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...