• @Orangeman agree regarding the price. Didn't know what he was charging and that is the brand i was aware of. He did have elements to his product that looked to be tailored towards the Slingshot and that's the reason for noting the IP aspect.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• How in the hell is he selling those for 150 installed??? Did he rob the warehouse? He was just carrying around a Baggie full of them. Hmmm

• This is the good thing about a forum and the bad as well. He has a clever idea, worked out the glitches to make it work with the SlingShot and applied those changes (R&D). Found a source and made his money. It's like other products we see offered for more than what they really should. Either you thinking is "get in and make the money while you can" (this being an example of something easily replicated for less) or you think long term and price accordingly (less money but recoup money over a longer period of time) in the hopes other don't duplicate because you have done all the work for them. Price points are a tricky game. Sense I see no tooling cost for him to recover and the changes are minor I would have gone with the later. You only get one chance to make a first impression so the internet can and will bite you in the ass.

oops... had to edit because @Cameron Roberts you are 100% correct. the assist spring and retainer clips were already developed by someone else.

You can still make this a sell-able product to the SS customer if you give a great price with value added. maybe supply all the tools needed including an inexpensive hole saw and allen wrenches. Also great instructions and nice packaging. You need to make the person feel like they are getting their moneys worth.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

Edited once, last by Ruptured Duck ().

• Okay these do appear to be the quick latch minis. They're 1.5" across on the button. They come in a crapload of colors. He's done some extra work here and has added some kind of spring system that isn't pictured in the online listing.

So let's say the guy made 80 bucks a pair for the install and the R&D and the troubleshooting. I have no problem with that at all. He was awfully nice and even helped me out getting everything to work together properly. I have no problem with that.

• Agree with you Cameron. I did find the spring and clip is offered on the originators site so if he were to add the items I noted it would be wroth the effort in my opinion.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• I'm sure he was trying to lie a little low to avoid getting kicked out of the event. I watched him install them and he was very precise and careful. His wife even pulled me aside and made me take the sling out for a ride to make sure everything was good before she would let me pay him. Satisfied customer.

• I am more than satisfied and would have paid more for the install. R&D time is worth $$$ and the install price was cheap IMO compared to other Mods sold and this was a 'Fix' for a problematic SS quirk.

Members with great ideas need compensation outside the Vendor realm without fear and if fear rules we will miss out on Owner's innovation. I don't care if the parts cost was a nickel ..... I would never have thought of it and and felt good about it.

If an idea is good for the owner and the recipient, it is a win-win deal!

• I am more than satisfied and would have paid more for the install. R&D time is worth $$$ and the install price was cheap IMO compared to other Mods sold and this was a 'Fix' for a problematic SS quirk.

Members with great ideas need compensation outside the Vendor realm without fear and if fear rules we will miss out on Owner's innovation. I don't care if the parts cost was a nickel ..... I would never have thought of it and and felt good about it.

If an idea is good for the owner and the recipient, it is a win-win deal!

How good does it feel to cruise down the highway at 90 with zero flutter on that hood??

• Well crap! I started to have him install a set on mine and someone standing there said one of our members had a set installed and one of the pins had already broken. I have to quit listening to 'haters' and go with my gut feelings.

• Tested to 110 mph and tested behind tractor trailers. An added bonus that I didn't expect was the complete elimination of all the rattling when you hit a bump in the road.

I haven't had any test time on mine but will get to it this week - still need to tweak the passengers side top latch!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!