Look at these pictures of a new OEM 2017 dash please

• I had to get a new dash. Bought from partshark.com, supposed to be OEM.

The angle of the radio/switches section is so far off that I can’t install it. To do so would mean forcing it down where it is held by only two push pins. They would never hold it against the strain.

So did I get a defective dash or do they all come like this???

see attached pics

• Beats me. I've never heard of that vendor and wonder how reliable they are or if you simply got what you paid for? Have you contacted them about it? What did they say they would do?

they said they buy directly from Polaris. They asked me to send pictures which I did. They said they would contact Polaris and show them the pictures. Looks like this will take another month. I have very bad luck with my slingshot.

• Beats me. I've never heard of that vendor and wonder how reliable they are or if you simply got what you paid for? Have you contacted them about it? What did they say they would do?

I just googled them and read a few of their reviews... good luck, my friend.

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• Can you see a difference between them laying side by side to see where the difference is ?

I have purchased several items from them and never had any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• It’s really hard to see the problem on a pic. Does it not slide down over the sides because it’s to narrow or if you can make it go into position why is pushing back at you. ?

• It’s really hard to see the problem on a pic. Does it not slide down over the sides because it’s to narrow or if you can make it go into position why is pushing back at you. ?

The angle of the radio opening/switches section is way off. It should be angled downward more whereas this new dash has it angled outward more. I can't even push it into place, the incorrect angle just springs it right back outwards again. Two flimsy push pins will never hold against that pressure. It will be at least a month to get parkshark.com to hear from polaris on this, for me to ship it back, for them to ship me another, and who knows if the same thing will happen. I'm honestly about ready to sell the slingshot, I've had nothing but problems. Not with the slingshot itself but the mods. I'm really tired of it all.

• I am thinking they changed the angle on some of the newer versions and perhaps it is for a different model. what did they say when they saw the pictures? will they take it back? or send another one to see if its different. may have to order a different year to get the right one.

• I am thinking they changed the angle on some of the newer versions and perhaps it is for a different model. what did they say when they saw the pictures? will they take it back? or send another one to see if its different. may have to order a different year to get the right one.

Same number stamped in the plastic of both parts. It's definitely defective, I just tried this and you can see it so clearly:

• I was checking number and they changed them almost every year. 2016 had one and then 2016.5 had the same number as the 2017 but 2018 was changed as well as 2019

Yes but I checked on Polaris' own parts website. It is the correct part number. All you have to do is plug in your year and model it Polaris brings it up. I'm going to order another one directly from Polaris this time and see what happens. If it comes in as bad as this one, I'm done with the slingshot.

• The angle of the radio opening/switches section is way off. It should be angled downward more whereas this new dash has it angled outward more. I can't even push it into place, the incorrect angle just springs it right back outwards again. Two flimsy push pins will never hold against that pressure. It will be at least a month to get parkshark.com to hear from polaris on this, for me to ship it back, for them to ship me another, and who knows if the same thing will happen. I'm honestly about ready to sell the slingshot, I've had nothing but problems. Not with the slingshot itself but the mods. I'm really tired of it all.

Nooooo, don't throw the baby out with the bath water, my friend. Find solace within the wealth of knowledge, experience, expertise, and occasional warped sense of humor that everyone on this forum possesses. You're part of a great family, brother. A family I never knew existed until a few short months ago and one thing I've come to learn is there is not a problem on earth that rabtech and a few others hasn't run up against and beat down, a political argument that Bigdog hasn't started with Edward Neal or a single post that EjFord hasn't liked. Ej and ConnMan are like father figures and add balance to the forum and I can always count on Bill Martin for a good laugh. You got the best group of guys anywhere and I haven't even met anyone yet, but hope to one day. So, take a step back, open a cold beer, look at your Slingshot and remember why you bought it. We're all here for you! :00000436:

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"