who has a MADSTAD adjustable..Need help

• I have the 7" it was delivered to Comfort Inn in Maggie Valley( thank you slingmods) I love it! @Cameron Roberts suggested I go with the 7" and he was right! I am 5'4" on a low gravitational force day....! I think he can give you the best advice

• I have the Madstad 9", I'm 5'11" , 33" inseam I sit in a rather reclined position and see over the shield perfectly. I have the F4+3 and hated having my vision split with a majority looking through the shield. If I raise my hand over my head on the freeway with the Madstad I can feel the wind 6 to 8 inches above my head with shield down and tilted to the upright position. The slight flexing/wiggle of the shield on the freeway doesn't concern me, if you are looking through the shield it may be bothersome.

• I bought a 9in and sold my 11in both madstad. I did notice that the 9in seems thinner. The 11in was their 1st version as they were introduced to the market. The 9in was bought 2 months ago. So something changed. When I drive over 65mph I can see the windshield flex, it's very obvious, this did not happen with the 11in. I haven't really pursue this with madstad, but it is disappointing. I guess they went for lower cost, same price, better margins...

• @Slayer, not trying to defend them, but I doubt it was a cost cutting move. The material costs can't be that much compared to the tooling, manufacturing, manual labor, packaging, and shipping. I'd guess it was done for a reason, or they have massive variances in their production runs 8|

I also have to thank you. Because you sold and bought another MadStad, someone else mentioned you can just buy the different sizes individually. I'm 6'1" and ordered the 10 inch dual (double) windshields for Maggie Valley and helmet use. I ended up running them all the way down. Now that I'm back here, without helmet, I wanted a shorter screen (did I mention I like wind?). $140 + tax and shipping later, and I should have two 8 inch screens to go along with the two 10 inch windscreens I already have. Options, options. BTW, taking out the middle screen was great as well! Really added wind and circulation. Makes the Sling really feel like a bike with a single windshield directly in front of you. Also, did I mention the 90+ degree heat with 100% humidity. Starting to see why I like the wind so much?

• @Slayer, not trying to defend them, but I doubt it was a cost cutting move. The material costs can't be that much compared to the tooling, manufacturing, manual labor, packaging, and shipping. I'd guess it was done for a reason, or they have massive variances in their production runs 8|

I also have to thank you. Because you sold and bought another MadStad, someone else mentioned you can just buy the different sizes individually. I'm 6'1" and ordered the 10 inch dual (double) windshields for Maggie Valley and helmet use. I ended up running them all the way down. Now that I'm back here, without helmet, I wanted a shorter screen (did I mention I like wind?). $140 + tax and shipping later, and I should have two 8 inch screens to go along with the two 10 inch windscreens I already have. Options, options. BTW, taking out the middle screen was great as well! Really added wind and circulation. Makes the Sling really feel like a bike with a single windshield directly in front of you. Also, did I mention the 90+ degree heat with 100% humidity. Starting to see why I like the wind so much?

I hear ya...

I really like the 9in, just was not expecting so much flexing at that speed. I hope it was just a variance production run... But how would you know until you buy it...

• A friend of mine in Texas who goes by RUSH just got a "Twist and Tilt Windshield" from "slingshotshields.com" and he has talked me into getting one for my base as I'm getting beaten up by wind. He says they are great for taller riders I'm only 5 ft 5 and when I order I'm having mine stepped down since the makers offer custom sizes with 12 inch standard plus it raises off hood with a single knob for cooling so that will make top of blade higher. I want to be OVER the blade since that's what I'm used to. Waiting till spring tho I'm in North Missouri so we get a winter and I'll have to put my little bad ass away for a bit plus need some funds. Worth a look, system looks great!!