2019 SLR wont start

• First of all, thank you in advance! when i called the dealership, they had no idea.

error codes -

- p1786 power train relay contact output

when i turn the key, i can hear the pump start and everything on the dash comes on. when i push the start button nothing happens.

the battery is fully charged

i changed around the relays in the fuse block and still nothing.

the battery hasnt been out its just sat there.

any ideas?

• Don’t know if your dealer is close (mine is) but you might make them tow it in and fix it. Electrical issues are never fun to deal with and are usually hard to track down but end up being something simple.

mines not that far away but im still waiting for them to call back. ill probably call tomorrow see if i can get an update. thank you for your help

forgot to put it in there this slingshot has 41 miles on it, total. sad that it doesnt work already.

• mines not that far away but im still waiting for them to call back. ill probably call tomorrow see if i can get an update. thank you for your help

forgot to put it in there this slingshot has 41 miles on it, total. sad that it doesnt work already.

Hang in there. Doesn’t matter what vehicle you get there could be issues. My new Rubicon went into limp mode coming home from Oklahoma City where I bought it. I live in NW AR. Seems the oil pump was not working properly and it would keep dropping into limp on the interstate. Turned a 3.5 hour ride into 5.5. I was not happy. Dealer here had difficulty finding the issue because the codes weren’t even in the books for the new Rubi. Once they found the problem they had to order a new oil pump fro Italy. Took me 6 weeks to get it back but they gave me a new Jeep to use in the mean time.

• Hang in there. Doesn’t matter what vehicle you get there could be issues. My new Rubicon went into limp mode coming home from Oklahoma City where I bought it. I live in NW AR. Seems the oil pump was not working properly and it would keep dropping into limp on the interstate. Turned a 3.5 hour ride into 5.5. I was not happy. Dealer here had difficulty finding the issue because the codes weren’t even in the books for the new Rubi. Once they found the problem they had to order a new oil pump fro Italy. Took me 6 weeks to get it back but they gave me a new Jeep to use in the mean time.

I would not have been upset with them having my SL for 9 weeks plus if they gave me a loaner for free. But they did not

• The push button has been known to be bad.

• The push button has been known to be bad.

That would have been my first guess, too, after reading the whole thread. Catchy little red button with the Slingshot emblem and all, but I'll bet it cost Polaris all of about 3.5 cents in production costs. I'll be replacing mine one day, too, whether it needs it or not.

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"