Hawk brake pads installation

• Hey guys,

Just finished installing Hawk pads on the front of my SS.

These things are breeze to install. Anyone on the fence about these fearing the fit shouldn't worry at all. The only modification needed is the removal of the metal bracket that warns the pads needs replacing.

You install the pads with the dots to the inside of the caliper, and the flat pads on the outside.

• Took me 15 minutes to install including pictures.

Vi Engineered Turbo (V-Mount)
    Forged LE9
    DDM Works Fuel Rail
    RRR Oil Catchcan
    UPLOK + UPGUARD
    Assault Hub / Steering wheel
    DDM Works short shifter
    PRP Shifter Boot
    Cipher Race Seats and 4 point harness
    XO Luxury Verona 20x12 Toyo R888 315/35r20, 19x9.5 Toyo R888 265/35R19
    and more...

• Just finished installing Hawk pads on the front of my SS.

Hey Newt!! Are these the preferred Hawk pads that everyone recommends? I gutted my stock pads because they squealed. Installed a set of NAPA Gold Ceramics, which they said "low noise, low dust". I want to replace them, because although they work fine and don't squeak, they are dusty. I had zero dust with stock. So, if you would, could you please report back here after a couple weeks, and give us your thoughts on them?
    That would be helpful!! Thanks brother!!!

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• @ConnMan I think most poeple would go with the F compound, not the R or N. The R is most for mild racing / aggressive street use and N is full out racing. I think F is prefered for street use.

Forged LE9
    DDM Works Fuel Rail
    RRR Oil Catchcan
    UPLOK + UPGUARD
    DDM Works short shifter
    PRP Shifter Boot
    and more...

• My Hawk ceramic pads will be here tomorrow will get back to you when I get them on. The reason I went with the ceramic is the dust from the stock pads were killing my Motegi wheels. By that I mean the metal in the dust was scuffing the clear coat when I cleaned them even when cleaned with detail spray.

:GRAYSS: Its all about that base :HEADERSS::MOTOROILSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch, Welter duels

• Just went to bed in the Hawk race pads yesterday, it was night time and I was on a country road so that I could brake without causing a major accidents (people don't like it when you brake for no apparent reason on the highway)

Two things:
    1) I got very surprised (to say the least) to see actual SPARKS fly out of my front wheels when hard braking and getting heat into them. Its like a 4th of july! I was not expecting this.

2) Dust....... Holy CRAP these pads make so much dust its ridiculus. My entire wheels, wheel well, plastics around the wheels, calipers etc, everything is full of dust after 100 miles done with them. And not just a small amount, its covered.

They brake like hell though. Enough to trigger ABS on all 3 wheels even on R888s, which the stock brakes never did.

Probably my discs will be 70% gone by the end of my track day tomorow, but oh well...

Forged LE9
    DDM Works Fuel Rail
    RRR Oil Catchcan
    UPLOK + UPGUARD
    DDM Works short shifter
    PRP Shifter Boot
    and more...

• Man brake dust is nothing, try cleaning melted brake pad from your wheels. Had the DD guys install drilled rotors and hawk pads at Maggie Valley and they are dramaticaay better than stock. Had a major dumba** attack,left emergency brake partially engaged after fuel stop. Stereo cranked and did not hear the noise and scored up rotor and rear pads melted and coated inside of wheel. Spent two days scrubbing to remove everything. Rear brake not so good now.

• Man brake dust is nothing, try cleaning melted brake pad from your wheels. Had the DD guys install drilled rotors and hawk pads at Maggie Valley and they are dramaticaay better than stock. Had a major dumba** attack,left emergency brake partially engaged after fuel stop. Stereo cranked and did not hear the noise and scored up rotor and rear pads melted and coated inside of wheel. Spent two days scrubbing to remove everything. Rear brake not so good now.

Dude that would suck so bad!!!!

:GRAYSS: Its all about that base :HEADERSS::MOTOROILSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch, Welter duels

• This is right from DMMworks website. I bought the Street 5.0 and they changed the way the SS stops. It now stops! No pumping required. They do dust a bit but not terrible. Next time I will go ceramic.

"The Hawk pads come in 3 varieties, Street 5.0, Ceramic and Street Race. For most installations, the Street 5.0 or Ceramic is going to be the best option. The Ceramic option is very low dust, the Street 5.0 is our favorite pad here with great pedal feel and stopping power, but some dusting, lastly the Street Race pad is designed for track duty and clamps down hard but also dusts the most, not recommended for most drivers."