My Auxiliary Electrical Science Project

• Well, thanks to being sheltered in, I finally had time to install my electrical work to handle accessories, lights, dimmers, etc. Here's an overview of the work:

Fuse Box and relay bank and bracket:

Terminal Power Distribution Strip:

All the wires of the relays and connections for the fuse box go to the distribution terminal strip. So this allows total flexibility of connections should i need to change things as time goes on.

I installed two more switches on the dash under the radio (my radio is aftermarket). One is for driving lights. But while I was at it, when the driving light switch is turned on, it sends a signal to the radio to dim the display, and I did not like how bright the start switch was illuminated when driving at night, so it also dims the switch to a low glowing red. Sweet.

Also, I found a great voltmeter on Amazon for $11.87. It has a large readout, and I was able to mount it on the firewall to the left of the instrument cluster. The blue digits are the same color as the instrument cluster so it looks like something the factory might do IMHO.

If you've read this far, you may be interested in the schematic for this stuff. It is below:

• That's really nice!

I did sort of the same thing, but doesn't look near as nice as your's. Terminal blocks are the shxx!. Left (top of pic, sort of hidden in this view) is 12V constant terminal block feeding into fuse and relay panel. Right of pic are in & out for switched power. Even put a ground block for bringing everything back (bottom of pic, hidden). Right now, I only have 3 things hooked up, but I could go to 12 if needed..

• Seeing this makes me realize I probably wired up all my shit horribly wrong... 😂

As long as it works and the Sling turns over I guess... 2015 on original battery, but gotta get one soon... Reading 13.7 volts while riding/idle, 11.6 when acc mode. 😅

• We can only hope that all the Slingshots that come in for installs have that nice of job done on the wiring, good job! :thumbsup:

• Here's the link to the stuff I bought:

• Main 50A breaker between battery and fuse block
    • Fuse block - watch out, there are some with different relay types. I kept it simple - all relays are the same.
    • Relays - I just took the wire straight out of the relay mount and plugged it directly into the fuse block. I might suggest finding ones with longer wires - these 5-1/2" wires were just a 1/2" too short for the furthest plugs. I ran each relay to the fuses on left but you don't have to.
    • Main wiring between battery and fuse block. I bought the 6 ga 10 ft. Didn't even use the black.
    • Terminal Blocks. Again, you don't have to use these. I wired the fuses and relays to these so that I could just plug whatever switch into the block instead of having to tap wires. Does make it much easier to move things around without having to rewire. Did work good for me because I realized I wired my switches backward (#1 switch is in the #3 spot, #3 switch is in the #1 spot, but oh well).
  • Here's the link to the stuff I bought:

• Main 50A breaker between battery and fuse block
    • Fuse block - watch out, there are some with different relay types. I kept it simple - all relays are the same.
    • Relays - I just took the wire straight out of the relay mount and plugged it directly into the fuse block. I might suggest finding ones with longer wires - these 5-1/2" wires were just a 1/2" too short for the furthest plugs. I ran each relay to the fuses on left but you don't have to.
    • Main wiring between battery and fuse block. I bought the 6 ga 10 ft. Didn't even use the black.
    • Terminal Blocks. Again, you don't have to use these. I wired the fuses and relays to these so that I could just plug whatever switch into the block instead of having to tap wires. Does make it much easier to move things around without having to rewire. Did work good for me because I realized I wired my switches backward (#1 switch is in the #3 spot, #3 switch is in the #1 spot, but oh well).

PICTURES>>>>WE NEED PICTURES....or it didnt hapen!!;)

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS: