2018 Polaris Navy paint code alternate touch up

• Hey all,

I am going to touch up a very small paint scratch (down through the clear and base) I did with a sharp tip drill bit near where I installed my hood pin/buttons last year.

Anyone here know of an inexpensive GM/Ford/import Navy blue touch-up that is a good match to the 2018 Polaris Navy paint code?

I have successfully DIY'd these types of touch-up repairs over the years(I am not autobody dude either). Not trying for perfect, just better.

I always clean the area 1st and tape off just the groove scratch part. Just enough base color to hide blend/cover the scratch area (done with nail polish brush style touch-ups). Little, little at a time. Then just a little at a time of clear touch-up. Then very fine wet sand and a buff to finish the job. Usually turns out well (better than before).

Thanks for any input,

Webby

• Painter is this something you can answer?

Never ever had to match the Navy so I’m not much help. One could take apart to any Auto Paint store and have it scanned. That would give the closest match to current automobile colors. They can also mix up touch up for you usually at a very reasonable price!

• [quote='wickedwebby','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/9047-2018-polaris-navy-paint-code-alternate-touch-up/&postID=303167#post303167']

Hey all,

I am going to touch up a very small paint scratch (down through the clear and base) I did with a sharp tip drill bit near where I installed my hood pin/buttons last year.

Anyone here know of an inexpensive GM/Ford/import Navy blue touch-up that is a good match to the 2018 Polaris Navy paint code?

I have successfully DIY'd these types of touch-up repairs over the years(I am not autobody dude either). Not trying for perfect, just better.

I always clean the area 1st and tape off just the groove scratch part. Just enough base color to hide blend/cover the scratch area (done with nail polish brush style touch-ups). Little, little at a time. Then just a little at a time of clear touch-up. Then very fine wet sand and a buff to finish the job. Usually turns out well (better than before).

Thanks for any input,

Webby

[/quote]

Try ColorRite.com. They can match just about any motorcycle paint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter