I have moved to a new job and will be exploring the UTV - side by side market. I'm looking for just general info so that I better understand what its all about. This is not for my new job directly but more me asking questions to people that I know that can help me direct my focus better and where to look. Hope you guys can help a little. I do come from the off-road side of things but it has been related to Jeeps and honestly have never owned a ATV, or UTV. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
(1) There are so many UTV models available I will focus on the top two. Like automobiles how often does Polaris and Can-Am drastically change models? 4-5 years or shorter?
(2) How long do people normally own there UTVs? I see financing running the same as cars (36 -72 months). Is it like the Slingshot where you have most that hold on to them 3-5 years then trade in or those that can get a new model every 2 years or so.
(3) If you have a UTV what is the buzz in the market? Who is doing good and who is not? is it like Ford vs. Chevy kind of thing?
(5) Just like SlingShots what are the must have first mods?
(5) Like vendors here who have you done business with and what keeps you going back?
Thanks guys.... This is NOT RELATED to MeanSling. With my new Job I am being tasked with business case studies for UTVs and the Ford Bronco.