Corona Virus

• well if what they say about sun light killing Covid-19 I should be safe as hell riding in my Slingshot home in 15 minutes or so - already 108 and going up I wouldn't be surprised if we make it to 110. thank God the humidity is only 7%

Yea, if hot weather is the enemy of this thing we should be good to go pretty quickly

One of the few things I miss from California is the "magnificent desolation" of the desert 🏜 scenery and the wonderful dry heat.

People look at me strangely in Arkansas when I grumble that it never gets properly warm or cold here. But growing up in Wisconsin and 30 years in the low desert gives you a different perspective on these things!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• One of the few things I miss from California is the "magnificent desolation" of the desert 🏜 scenery and the wonderful dry heat.

People look at me strangely in Arkansas when I grumble that it never gets properly warm or cold here. But growing up in Wisconsin and 30 years in the low desert gives you a different perspective on these things!

That is exactly why I moved to Colorado from Minnesota (it did get properly cold in MN) :) ... The climate here is close to perfect... Low humidity... Some hot and some cold... I have to admit, I did like Cali though... just not all the crap that goes on there.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• billythekidd Living in the Banana Republic of the PRC ( peoples republic of California ) is not easy financially or mentally. I totally agree! But dagnabit this is such a beautiful state! It's like having a government job - Sucks but the bennies are good. (my wife is a teacher)

As far as Colorado goes YOU ARE ON OUR LIST! We have run into a few Coloradoians on our trips and we really are intrigued and want to at least try to get to the southwest area that is in a one week range turn-a-round for us. If we can get out of here EARLY in the AM and get away from the heat and up that way we may just do this in the next couple of months. Cortez, Durango, Blackhawk Mountains - Any thoughts on these areas??

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• billythekidd Living in the Banana Republic of the PRC ( peoples republic of California ) is not easy financially or mentally. I totally agree! But dagnabit this is such a beautiful state! It's like having a government job - Sucks but the bennies are good. (my wife is a teacher)

As far as Colorado goes YOU ARE ON OUR LIST! We have run into a few Coloradoians on our trips and we really are intrigued and want to at least try to get to the southwest area that is in a one week range turn-a-round for us. If we can get out of here EARLY in the AM and get away from the heat and up that way we may just do this in the next couple of months. Cortez, Durango, Blackhawk Mountains - Any thoughts on these areas??

only one thought from me - - Ouray Colorado - - - havent been there in over 40 years, but it was one of the most beautiful places I got the pleasure of photographing back in my photographer days. Take the road from Durango up to Silverton and then over to Ouray

You could even make Ouray your base camp - it would be a great place to stay

you will love it

As a side note - when I was there taking pictures for Desert magazine with my friend we hadnt turned 21 yet and at the time they would sell 3.2 beer or wine if you were over 18 abut nothing stronger unless you were 21 - - we were talking to the owner of a little liquor store and found out he had just moved there from Arcadia Ca which was were we lived - he was a lawyer and had gotten fed up with the rat race and bought the little store in Ouray - - he was so thrilled that my friend and I were fellow Arcadian's that we spent the rest of the evening hanging having beers with him and he didnt limit us the the 21 and under 3.2 stuff

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

Cortez, not a lot around there except Mesa Verde... well worth the visit.. Durango is pretty cool and is a tourist town. There is a bunch to do there and the Million Dollar Highway is really a nice ride from Durango over to Ouray (pronounced Uray). Silverton in between and is a very cool old mining town. There is a bunch of nice riding in and around that area.... Not sure how you will be coming but I would recommend Utah... One of my favorites is Highway 12 from Bryce Canyon to Highway 24... some of the best riding I have done.. Then take 24 south and pass by the northern part of Lake Powell, and over to 191 (used to be the old 666).. south to the turn off for Cortez. You can send me the tour guide check.... :)

• The Million Dollar A Mile Highway is a must see out of Durango up through the mountain pass. Hairy switchbacks with no guard rail and dropping off into oblivion with awesome panoramic views !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Cortez, not a lot around there except Mesa Verde... well worth the visit.. Durango is pretty cool and is a tourist town. There is a bunch to do there and the Million Dollar Highway is really a nice ride from Durango over to Ouray (pronounced Uray). Silverton in between and is a very cool old mining town. There is a bunch of nice riding in and around that area.... Not sure how you will be coming but I would recommend Utah... One of my favorites is Highway 12 from Bryce Canyon to Highway 24... some of the best riding I have done.. Then take 24 south and pass by the northern part of Lake Powell, and over to 191 (used to be the old 666).. south to the turn off for Cortez. You can send me the tour guide check.... :)

Thanks for that! It will always be the sling for us. Being on the road and in the wind is the deal for us. We have exhausted Cali, Nevada, AZ and southern Utah and that is why Colorado is on our list. We still love to ride around here but "new" is always fun. Our bucket list for "some day" is to ride from California early spring and head East and do the loop south on I-10 to Florida then up the East coast to Maine / Ontario. Then some route to be determined back home as winter approaches. Having Fall in New England in the rear view. We have friends we know in a lot of states and will be looking for the ones we have yet to meet along the way. New roads are our quest. Not freeways - back roads.

• Thanks for that! It will always be the sling for us. Being on the road and in the wind is the deal for us. We have exhausted Cali, Nevada, AZ and southern Utah and that is why Colorado is on our list. We still love to ride around here but "new" is always fun. Our bucket list for "some day" is to ride from California early spring and head East and do the loop south on I-10 to Florida then up the East coast to Maine / Ontario. Then some route to be determined back home as winter approaches. Having Fall in New England in the rear view. We have friends we know in a lot of states and will be looking for the ones we have yet to meet along the way. New roads are our quest. Not freeways - back roads.

My feelings will be hurt if ya don’t stop off I-10 in Lake Charles, LA for steaks, fine Kentucky bourbon, a Cuban cigar!! Just get to Lake Charles and turn right, drive to the swamp and we’ll be waiting!! :00008172:

• My feelings will be hurt if ya don’t stop off I-10 in Lake Charles, LA for steaks, fine Kentucky bourbon, a Cuban cigar!! Just get to Lake Charles and turn right, drive to the swamp and we’ll be waiting!! :00008172:I

I will consider that an invite! I have family in Monroe and will definitely be coming your way! Like I said - We will be looking for all the good friends we have yet to meet!

Hummm a Louisiana Lawyer hosting a Californian. There goes the neighborhood!

Edited once, last by SoCal ().

• I will consider that an invite! I have family in Monroe and will definitely be coming your way! Like I said - We will be looking for all the good friends we have yet to meet!

Hummm a Louisiana Lawyer hosting a Californian. There goes the neighborhood!

Lets keep that under the hat - some of these coonasses think California is a foreign country :00008172:

• Something to ponder - look at the date on this bill in California.

And the content of the bill. Coincidence?

http://leginfo.legislature.ca.…ml?bill_id=201920200AB262

and it didnt get any no votes :/

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• The Million Dollar A Mile Highway is a must see out of Durango up through the mountain pass. Hairy switchbacks with no guard rail and dropping off into oblivion with awesome panoramic views !!

It is a really cool road.. There are three reason it is believed to be called the Million Dollar Highway... Back before it was paved and all the work went into it the old timers said there was enough Gold laying on that road that a man could make a million by just collecting gold along the road, the second were the "Million Dollar Views" and the last as you mentioned the 12 mile section of road that cost about a million a mile to cut.... Lots of good old tales about the road... Here is a cool link if anyone is interested... https://www.legendsofamerica.c…-dollar-highway-colorado/

• Keep Northern Indiana in mind. 5 miles south of the southern tip of Lake Michigan.

Thanks for that! It will always be the sling for us. Being on the road and in the wind is the deal for us. We have exhausted Cali, Nevada, AZ and southern Utah and that is why Colorado is on our list. We still love to ride around here but "new" is always fun. Our bucket list for "some day" is to ride from California early spring and head East and do the loop south on I-10 to Florida then up the East coast to Maine / Ontario. Then some route to be determined back home as winter approaches. Having Fall in New England in the rear view. We have friends we know in a lot of states and will be looking for the ones we have yet to meet along the way. New roads are our quest. Not freeways - back roads.

• The exemplification of why this forum is so cool - likewise for all considering this neck of the woods. :thumbsup:

I was thinking it would be my luck to take a trip west and be in your area as you are heading across the Northern USA.. Wife and I stopped in Lake Charles comming back north from Florida a couple of years ago. Than Bill & Angie and a second couple came north for a ride across Mackinaw Bridge so Angie could put her toes in three different Great Lakes on the same day.

• I was thinking it would be my luck to take a trip west and be in your area as you are heading across the Northern USA.. Wife and I stopped in Lake Charles comming back north from Florida a couple of years ago. Than Bill & Angie and a second couple came north for a ride across Mackinaw Bridge so Angie could put her toes in three different Great Lakes on the same day.

Kinda cool how these contraptions take us to places we would not usually go and do and see things others only dream of - keeps us all young! Please - consider this part of the country. I can send you a laundry list of truly EPIC rides. And they can be done in the winter. Jaw dropping scenery and roads that will truly effect you for a lifetime. This is not an exaggeration.

• Kinda cool how these contraptions take us to places we would not usually go and do and see things others only dream of - keeps us all young! Please - consider this part of the country. I can send you a laundry list of truly EPIC rides. And they can be done in the winter. Jaw dropping scenery and roads that will truly effect you for a lifetime. This is not an exaggeration.

What I would like to do is drive out and 'fly' my wife out, She likes to ride but long distance is not her thing.