What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• BTW,

It was the rear wheel bearing, and yes, it makes a horrible grinding noise.

mine is not making a horrible grinding noise yet but that click clap has got me going. Anybody out there replace that wheel bearing by themselves? Just wondering how involved it is as I love to tinker and may tackle it myself if it’s something I think I can do. Of course my sling just went out of warranty in May but if it’s a recall perhaps we can have a dealer do something with it

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• That click clack was only when I started in 1st gear from a full stop. Dealer fixed me up in about an hour.

Found this video on YouTube and this pretty much sums it up. I have an appointment tomorrow with a dealership that I have not been to before as they were the only ones that could get me in.

• That sound in the video is the same ones I had. Then they got a bit worse and became a little more grinding. Hope your dealer can get you in and out with no hastle.

Yes me too! But I’m going to a dealer today that is one of the largest in Southern California and was actually referred to them because my dealer didn’t have the tools. Go figure - Orange County - really? Anyway, I feel like I’m going to a new doctor that I don’t know and I’m bringing my only child. Everybody here knows what I’m talking about

• I think I found myself a new dealer! Of all names it is called Bert’s Mega Mall. I got there today and thought I was going in the front door and was in just one department. This place is beyond huge!

I made an 11:30 appointment yesterday. I was processed by 11:45. The slingshot technicians were putting in an engine on another Slingshot and they pulled two mechanics and a supervisor off the job to inspect the rear end. All three came out front heard the noise and she was admitted.

They thought the belt was misaligned and a little too tight. They realigned my belt greased behind where the pulley is so I’m assuming that’s the bearing and put it back together and said ride it home and see what you think. They didn’t wanna start tearing everything apart if they didn’t have to and to me that made great sense .

Quiet as a mouse all the way home! Time will tell and we shall see. For being a brand new customer and being out the door by 2 o’clock and on my way home to me was amazing. Oh and here’s the cool part - they only charged me $70!😎

• when I was a kid we used to go to Burt’s. If my memory serves me correctly at the time the main store was called Burt’s motorcycle City and across the street was Burt’s motorcycle salvage. We used to go to the salvage side anytime we needed a part. They had just about any used part you could ever need. Glad they managed to help you and always good to know of a good slingshot service place

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I used to by Can-Am Spyder stuff there.... they were always great.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• We are spoiled here in Southern California in that we do have choices. I am surprised that some dealers only have slingshot technicians Part time and don’t have a full set of Specialty tools.

They were working on two slingshots, many motorcycles, and had about seven or eight ATVs in their service bay. Great service, good prices, not too far away, what’s not to like?

• Make friends with the 'service writer' and the 'techs'... Down the road it will be a good thing.