What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• Here is what I bought. https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod…tle_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 the reason I bought these is I have never had low profile tire before so am no judge of if they low low or not. No I don't like the ones that that just turn a lite on so you know is you have a low tire. These tell you the pressure in each but will give you a warning if you get a leak while driving. They have the same ones in stems but I believe in leaving stuff alone that is working. These are 9.65 grams each that is a gram and a half more then the pop up color ones I have used for many years with no stem damage.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Here is what I bought. https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod…tle_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 the reason I bought these is I have never had low profile tire before so am no judge of if they low low or not. No I don't like the ones that that just turn a lite on so you know is you have a low tire. These tell you the pressure in each but will give you a warning if you get a leak while driving. They have the same ones in stems but I believe in leaving stuff alone that is working. These are 9.65 grams each that is a gram and a half more then the pop up color ones I have used for many years with no stem damage.

I love the idea...but what does it do for wheel balancing?

Always Remember...You can drive it like you want to drive it tomorrow! 8)

:HEADERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS::ROTORSS:

• The last missing piece of the puzzle. Another good thing that came with my Sling but was never installed. Cold air intake, Header, ceramic exhaust, pedal commander. This is the most under the hood goodies I have ever had can’t wait to get it out for a test drive!

I installed the app so I will control it from my phone and tuck it in up under the dash.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• @Luigi I wouldn't think it does much to the wheel balance each one ways so little. Never noticed them effecting the wheel balance on any of my other vehicles. If one was really concerned they could have the wheels balanced with them installed.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• NRG e-brake handle added and then some red/black cap covers. Wife's LED's are last on the list for this winter and dreading more wiring after the recent stereo wiring! Need to find some more used bling/mods to be able to put that off for a few more weeks. Right now I'm using garage is cold as excuse...she eye rolled as she bought me the heater for out there for Christmas this year 8o

Yellow control arms and valve cover would look good there

2016.5 Pearl White SL LE

• The last missing piece of the puzzle. Another good thing that came with my Sling but was never installed. Cold air intake, Header, ceramic exhaust, pedal commander. This is the most under the hood goodies I have ever had can’t wait to get it out for a test drive!

I installed the app so I will control it from my phone and tuck it in up under the dash.

I added the "Pedal Commander" a few months ago. It does take the lag out of the system. After some experimenting I settled in on the "sport +1" setting. That being said a +2 or +3 might be good if you got used to it. I tried the "sport +" setting and the accelerator was too abrupt. Again I'm not saying if you drove with it all that time in the setting that you couldn't get used to it but it's real touchy....

Psalm 28:4 "Give to them according to the evil of their deeds"

"Attitude determines airspeed, throttle determines touchdown point"

TheDonFather - Videos

• I run the pedalMax version and love it. Got it used so that helped $ wise. After turbo I went back to having it off just for that 1st ride, then quickly realized I wanted it back on as the pedal is just weird to me now without it. Totally a feel thing and I like being able to control it. I do flip off when pulling up, then quickly reversing to back in etc... as it will oscillate if I don't give it two seconds or turn off. So in the habit now of pulling up, flip it off, then back up. I know they are very similar, but curious if the pedal commander does that as well when going from gear to reverse quickly.

• I run the pedalMax version and love it. Got it used so that helped $ wise. After turbo I went back to having it off just for that 1st ride, then quickly realized I wanted it back on as the pedal is just weird to me now without it. Totally a feel thing and I like being able to control it. I do flip off when pulling up, then quickly reversing to back in etc... as it will oscillate if I don't give it two seconds or turn off. So in the habit now of pulling up, flip it off, then back up. I know they are very similar, but curious if the pedal commander does that as well when going from gear to reverse quickly.

First time I've heard of it. I've not felt it with mine. One of the reasons I went with the pedal commander was the Bluetooth connection. I don't change it so it really didn't make a difference.

Psalm 28:4 "Give to them according to the evil of their deeds"

"Attitude determines airspeed, throttle determines touchdown point"

TheDonFather - Videos

• All great advice and given the fact I’m on my second sling because of wet weather I will definitely take that to heart EjFord . Truth be told the main reason why I’m excited about it is being able to pass on the freeway particularly on some of the roads we have here that are back roads and are only two lane. I’m hopeful I have a little more get up and go in those situations.

I’m not sure about the horsepower gains I got with the Header exhaust and intake set up but it is noticeable and I like that too. At the end of the day I can still just keep it on city if I want to.

It is interesting in the instructions how they tell you when you take it in for service to remove it or hide it. Very telling.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• First time I've heard of it. I've not felt it with mine. One of the reasons I went with the pedal commander was the Bluetooth connection. I don't change it so it really didn't make a difference.

Yeah I noticed it after I put it on. Only happens when you do one of those pull up, pop in reverse to back in with group etc... If I count thousand 1, thousand 2, then left off clutch to reverse it's fine. Or flip off and can reverse right away etc... Small price to pay in my opinion though to have a responsive pedal! Pretty sure you don't gain any HP only a different throttle response based based on how far you have it pushed. Tried it at drag strip and although I was faster with it on, pretty sure you could learn the stock pedal and get those exact same times in the same conditions.

• 3GunSteve I run the pedalMax version and love it. Got it used so that helped $ wise. After turbo......

Geeezzzz. Not sure I’m ready for your bracket yet! I’m a little squeamish with the pedal commander and combined with a turbo...... good Lord!😱

I'm a tadpole in that pool - you have some real players in the hyped up sling game all throughout this forum!!!

• Okey - here goes - crazy question; is it because there is only ONE belt for the SS that no one has ever tried changing sprockets for the final drive?? And there are no other sprockets available I am sure as well ...

We looked into it at one point. The belt was an issue. However, after some research, I found a belt that would work and also be stronger. Not that the belt is a weak point as neither Rabtech or myself have ever snapped a belt. I found the company that owns the molds and they said they would make them for us but we would have to buy 100 at a time and they weren't cheap. While we have the CNC machinery and tooling to make new gears/cogs/sprokets, that is also a costly venture. After we added up all the costs, it just didn't seem like something that would appeal to enough people to justify the cost and what would have to be charged.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• that no one has ever tried changing sprockets for the final drive??

I know yer talking about from the performance perspective. But I thought I'd mention this anyway.

The first year I bought the SS, my belt squealed from the get go. Wicked loud!!

Was on many forums saying I had to wash it often. That helped for a few miles.

Brought it to the dealer on another recall, and they looked in to the problem. They washed the belt, and aligned the belt and sprocket, and said I was good.

Five miles after I left, it started again. I drove back to the dealer, and they talked to Polaris, and got the OK to order me a new belt and sprocket.

Had about 1,000 miles on it then. 14,000 miles later, I haven't touched it.

Never could figure it out.

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555: