What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• Finished the heated seat wiring today and got the switches for them installed in upper center area. Can't remember who it was but big Thank You to the person who brought up using a relay to power their fuse block. This fuse block is in upper corner of driver side storage behind the seat and now has the two 10amp fuses/wire - onefor each seat and I rewired my underglow to put the RF receiver up by the battery vs in cab so it's now powered off this block as well. It's a amazon cheapo LED controller, so not worried if I did have water issues and honestly think it's more protected now than it was behind the seat! Relay is up under the deck and ignore the tape, one butt connector split on just the plastic so I taped it up. Wiring is slow, but want it neat and thinking about things like if I ever take this off etc... so taking longer but will be worth it and I'm really in no rush!

3GunSteve, did you add heated seat pads or did you spring for the Polaris Heated/Cooled seats? Someone on https://www.slingshotforums.co…dback.181252/#post-920759. Looking more closely at the pics, it looks like just wired in heated seat pads since i don't see any control for a cooling seat.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• 3GunSteve, did you add heated seat pads or did you spring for the Polaris Heated/Cooled seats? Someone on https://www.slingshotforums.co…dback.181252/#post-920759. Looking more closely at the pics, it looks like just wired in heated seat pads since i don't see any control for a cooling seat.

Yeah, just the pads to go under my seat covers.

First set of minor mods to my 2020 R. Envy Green accents, new RIMs, Sprung for the Polaris Heated/Cooled Seats and love them (hey its AZ), and added a bit more blue on the front.

Any idea how many Amps the Heated/Cooled seats require? I'd love to see pics of the controls. Did you install yourself? Am I correct in assuming they just bolted to the old seat frame?

• Any idea how many Amps the Heated/Cooled seats require? I'd love to see pics of the controls. Did you install yourself? Am I correct in assuming they just bolted to the old seat frame?

I uploaded the picture. It is a straight forward install. I am not sure about the current draw unfortunately not yet anyway.

• Actually, my comment was misunderstood. I was asking what all was required. I watched the slingmods video and yes they are both required. Now I am just wondering how much further it will stick out with the quick release vs with just the wheel bolted to the adapter. I have short legs. Lol

Can you measure the distance from that wheel to the table or whatever it is you have it on? That would be a huge help

Her are pictures, it is roughly 1" what you loose. My new steering wheel has a smaller diameter so I can't tell the difference. I hope that helps.

: old steering wheel without quick release

New steering wheel with quick release

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• EnjoyLifeToday, Thanks for the pic of the Heated/Cooled Seat Controls. After seeing your pic, I realized I could find the Amp rating for the circuit in the 2020 Owner's manual;, so I did a search and found that the circuit is rated at 20A, presumably for both seats. Allowing for30% circuit headroom, that means each seat probably uses around 7A. I attached a picture of the Fuse Diagram -

It would appear the Heated/Cooled seats could be retrofitted into a Gen 1 Slingshot just using a 10A or 20A circuit for One or Two seats.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• I noticed on Slingshotonly that they had a slim adapter. Just thought I would throw that out there

2016.5 Pearl White SL LE

• WooHoo - pretty excited to have my Savini SV-F1's on order from RevDynamics! Mitch is going to hook them up too with some daytona yellow to tie it all in! Did you know he has custom powder coat options available now? Putting Toyo proxies on rubber wise with 345 in the rear is the plan. Will have my wife use paint on these for the lettering as I looked at the rubber sticker ones and just can't see paying that again down the road when you get new tires. Curious any thoughts you all have on that though? Can't wait to see what these wheels look like on the sling, going to be awesome!

• No mods today on the Slongshot but moding the Slingshot helmet. The cheek pads are killing my cheeks on a hour ride I was temped to finish the ride with out it. Probably because of the cheek pads applying to much pressure from the front the padding it the back is hurting the back of my head just above the neck. I really like the helmet as it matches the SS but will have to switch if taking the pads out doesn't fix it. They are removeable but I think that is just for washing.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• No mods today on the Slongshot but moding the Slingshot helmet. The cheek pads are killing my cheeks on a hour ride I was temped to finish the ride with out it. Probably because of the cheek pads applying to much pressure from the front the padding it the back is hurting the back of my head just above the neck. I really like the helmet as it matches the SS but will have to switch if taking the pads out doesn't fix it. They are removeable but I think that is just for washing.

Can you tell who the OEM was? Every full face I've ever had I could order thinner cheek pads for it. I've shaved my head for years (started losing hair in my mid 20s) and in order for the helmets to fit my head the cheek pads were always too tight. If you can figure out who made it they will probably get you a pair of thinner pads.

FB - North Alabama Polaris Slingshot Owners - (Huntsville)

I had the same issue with a helmet a few years back. It felt fine for about a half hour, after that it was torture. When not in use I stuffed and packed it as tight as possible with towels to compress the pads. In time it relieved the pressure on the cheeks. Looks like you have some presses? Possible remove the pads an press them just a bit?

• so I got a call saying I may have been exposed to the coronavirus!😱 I said shit, went and got a test and now I am settling back for my week vacation,( I mean self isolation) this is giving me a few days to get some mods done that are starting to come in.... got my new seats in, I was able to use the factory bracketing for both the passenger and driver‘s seats. Just had to cut the welds on the passenger brackets. And I also started prototyping a trim ring to go around my gauges. First try doesn’t look too bad.

• Order my glow lighting today from Slingmod. TricLED Magic Tric Chaser UnderGlow , and TricLED Magic Tric Chaser LED Wheel Light Kit with Brake & Turn Signal Integration. I hope the install goes smooth. I talked my son into coming over and helping hopefully that will keep me from screwing up. My only concern is when some of the motor cycle guys started adding blue glow the cops in St Augustine, Fl was giving them tickets because the police here use blue lights on their cars and bikes.

Forget the helmet...look at those Dillons and all the tool heads <3:love:<3 - Nice setup!

Good luck with the helmet too ;)

• Thanks 3Gun. I have slacked off on my shooting that is why I got caught low on primers. A couple years back I was shooting Monday through Friday 4 days ant the indoor range and one at the outdoor range. Tried IDPA and was shooting most stages perfect but the slowest time shot on the stage. Don't go in for the speed stuff like to put every thing through one hole. Tried Bullseye but I am just to old and shake to much for one hand at 50yds. Shot bench rest pistol against some guys at the indoor range but they quit playing with me I spanked them way to bad. Might just be my guns are far better and have been worked on a lot. Shot a lot of trap as a kid but that was only to better my shooting while hunting. I don't think there is any 3Gun shot near here that I know of. Wouldn't matter I am to old and slow now. Do like online shooting games as I have been a gamer since online gaming started. Btw one press is small primer the other is for large. I shoot a lot of 1911s.