What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• FunCycle - I know you put allot more miles on the Slingshot than I do, but can you give me an idea of how many miles you have been getting on the rear tire?

Just curious

The original Kenda was changed at16,000 miles. Not enough tread left for a mountain trip. Since then with 130,000 miles 1 each of Comp TA - 2 Generals - 1 Nexon - on my second Riken and of course the Nitto (no traction) so hard I could probably get 20,000 out of it. If someone wanted it I would probably give it to them, the worst tire that I have run. So I think it has been around 16,000 - 18,000 miles each. I still have an original Kenda mounted for track days, because the tread width is wider and boy does it stick when it gets hot. The front Kenda's were changed out at 21,000 miles then a pair of Comp TA's, then the Generals and now a pair of Riken Raptor's which are still on Sling II. Sling I has the original 2016 Kenda tires on the front from Sling II with the Nitto on the rear. I would not leave home for 5 to 7 days in the mountains,without at least 1/2 the tread still on a tire. I know that you like details, so that just about covers it. I still have a spare set of Kenda's mounted for the front.

• FunCycle is right - Noel at Cycle Springs liked Nittos and is completely insane behind the wheel (definitely in @FunCycle class) I went to Nittos when he threw my Kendras in the dumpster still with tread on em when he installed my turbo. Didn’t care for them at all.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I think our extreme summer heat is very hard on tires. Street surface temps get crazy when it’s 110 to 120 out

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I paid my ssits registration fee. Does that count?

no - government theft from the individual to use public roads is not a mod. It is an immoral abuse of power

:00008674:

on the other hand I did install my 2024 registration sticker on my plate yesterday :thumbsup:

• no - government theft from the individual to use public roads is not a mod. It is an immoral abuse of power

:00008674:

on the other hand I did install my 2024 registration sticker on my plate yesterday :thumbsup:

Soooooo — I suppose toll roads REALLY piss you off :00008172: (me too)

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Soooooo — I suppose toll roads REALLY piss you off :00008172: (me too)

actually we dont have any :thumbsup:

• ....don't know where to place this .......

https://www.instagram.com/reel…pqfD/?igshid=ZWZhZTRhOWQ=

That is Lava Customs. They're based out of Dubai in the United Arab Emirates. They do some pretty cool things over there with the Slingshot. I've seen one they did with a Mercedes V8 swapped into it. They ship here to the US but it's obscenely expensive and the prices are up there also.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• My good, bad, and ugly Slingshot week:

Let's get to the bad first:

I'm having a guy polish my American Racing Wheels I purchased last Spring. He tells me I have to remove the tires. So I brought them to this tire shop for removal.

The guy tells me I have to leave them, cuz they're a bitch to remove them. I come back 4 hrs. later to pick them up, and the rear wheel is all scratched up on the lip. So I said the guy WTF!!? He said ya they were incredibly difficult. No gouges though, just scratches which Giovanni the polishing guy will remove.

The Ugly:

I installed the TredWear Tire lettering on the tires last Spring, along with the F1 Tracer Stripes. A PITA to install, but I dig the look.

DESTROYED!!!!!!

So now I have to remove what's left and do the process again. The good in here is that they will be better this time around. But I don't have the time for do overs!

And finally...The Good:

Finally after all these years, I did an audio upgrade.

Jose "Figgy Jr." Figeroua is the founder of Northeast Slingshots. He is the one that organizes the Meet & Greet we do every year. Found out over 200 SS's were at Hooters for the event last year. They had to close cuz they ran out of food and beer!

Anyway, Jose does custom sound for just about anything. His audio system in his beautiful SS has 347,969 watts or something like that. He won the sound off competition last year, which broke glass in the Hooters windows!

He agreed to do an upgrade for me.

So he asked me if I had anything in mind. I said a better quality sound, and higher volumes with no distortion. Also told him I don't want to go

Boom-Boom in the night. He says "I got you!"

I had changed out the stock big speakers with a cheap Pioneer set when I bought them. The stock ones slapped. So I said tell me what speakers to get. He said none, it's not the speakers just yet it's the unit, so let's start there. Never knew what an undertaking this is.

Jose just volunteers cuz he loves the Slingshot Community. We're all family as he points out. I never would have asked him to do it if I knew the whole dash had to come off and apart! He did the job like it was nothing.

Installed the Kenwood Audio in a few hours.

What a sound!

Way better than I hoped it would be.

I'm very thankful to have met Jose, and even more so that he shared his talents on my rare LPNSS!!   Funinthesun

He's a wicked great dude!!

We do have a wonderful family here!

:00000436:

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• How well did the lettering hold up before they were destroyed by the tire shop?.....I was planning on doing this myself.

That's an excellent question................

I bought them with the transfer mylar on the lettering. Which is your letters mounted on a clear tape, curved to your wheel diameter.

It's $6 extra per tire, but better than aligning each letter one by one.

My mistake was I put glue on all the letters, then pressed it on the tire. Some of the glue started to cure already and didn't stick well.

So I bought extras in case it happened again, and it did.

I chose the white letters which I like, but they started to stain after about 1,500 miles. They get a brownish hue to them that won't clean off. You have to be right on top of the tires to notice them.

Even with the staining they look good.

Sand the tires well!!....very important!

Also, they tell you to clean the letters and the tires with alcohol which is also important.

Go one step further......

Clean the glued side of the letters, then sand the letters, then clean them with alcohol one again.

That's how I replaced the ones that fell off.

The adhesion after that process is exceptional!!

I will get the letters mounted again on the mylar.

I'll lay it out then peel up half and do one letter at a time.

Then I'll do the other half one at a time also.

That will keep the letters in the proper arc, but still allowing me to glue each letter individually.

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555: