What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• Front <> rear turned around on the sheet.

I just put both sizes in to see if the tire came in both - wasn't worrying about putting them in the correct boxes on the tire rack site

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Allot of tire talk. I've been running Lexanitwenty's for about 40k. I get 20k on the rear and the fronts have not been changed. I think they have good grip dry or wet. The cost is cheap compared to other brands. How about one of you guys who seem to be tire critics try this tire brand out? Curious to see what you have to say.

Good lord! Those are fantasy numbers for me!

I wonder if riding on concrete vs asphalt could at least be some of the issue. California Highways are like cheese graters with the groves they install.

We are touring slinger’s so perhaps added weight contributes as well.
    20k on a rear tire - we are getting less than half that. I have run Kenda’s, Federal, Toyo, and now Falken. All the same with max difference perhaps 5-8 hundred miles. Has to be driving style I guess.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• American Muscle also sells a couple of 17x10.5 wheels that allow the Base Slingshot to handle up to a 315 tire, as long as the tire manufacturer approves the use of a 315 on a 10.5" wheel. AM specializes in Mustangs, so the Offset fr the 17x10.5 wheel is only 28mm and will shift the rear wheel about 1.5" to the left, but I haven't encountered any handling problems int he 40k miles I've used the AM Mustang wheel on the rear. You'll also need hub-ring adapters to properly center the wheel on the rear hub.

• took the Sling in today for the paddle shifter install. Pretty quick installl and Wow… what an improvement. The paddle shifter work well and really complete the auto drive! But the ECM update was what really made it all work better! The auto drive plus from a stop better, smoother and more controlled. The shifts seem quicker and more refined and slowing to a stop from speed definitely is improved withou5 slow speed surges and abrupt downshifts! it makes the auto drive fun to drive! I would recommend the paddle shifter upgrade and the auto drive transmission to those that are concerned with the new auto drive system!

Gary and Ina
    From Ellijay GA

:D:love:

• do most people run all season tires? How many just run high performance summer tires?

I run the summer high performance tires by choice. One of our friends that lives in the Smokies just about killed himself while running the summer tires in the low temps. around 15 degrees. He said the tire started chipping off like a brick. They had to life flight him from the accident. He was broke up pretty bad. There are only a couple of us that even know about this accident.

• I run the summer high performance tires by choice. One of our friends that lives in the Smokies just about killed himself while running the summer tires in the low temps. around 15 degrees. He said the tire started chipping off like a brick. They had to life flight him from the accident. He was broke up pretty bad. There are only a couple of us that even know about this accident.

WOW, sorry to hear. I thought summer times are usually rated for above 45 deg based on the manufacturers specs. Thats why I was asking. Didn't figure many were driving in much colder that often. I have ran BF Goodrich, or Michelin Pilot summer tires on my Subaru BRZ and never had a problems in wet or dry. When it starts to get colder I can notice the difference, so I change to winter only snow tires.

• do most people run all season tires? How many just run high performance summer tires?

right now I have all season Nitto Motivo's on the front and a Nitto 555g2 summer tire on the back - bot the front and rear are rated as ultra high performance tires

if you are going to ride year round you need to be careful with summer tires. many of them have rubber compounds that are not designed for the cold and not only will traction suffer, but they can actually become brittle and crack and come apart if its too cold - - not sure where it was but I read somewhere that below 55 degrees summer tires are not good - - I am fortunate to live in a place where its warm enough that a summer tire can be used year round, but that's not true for many other locations

I only run high performance summer tires in the front and drag radial in the rear. However, that being said, in MI we only get about 3-4 months of ride time, I never ride in the rain, and I think my sling logs just as many miles each year on a track as on public roads. But I do daily it as much as possible in the summer.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• Okay, this is not a Slingshot mod, but it is somewhat related and I think it is worth sharing as I am really liking it..

Bought this Meross Smart Wifi Garage door last week it was only $22. After you have installed the android or iPhone app and set it up for your wifi all you have to do is stick it on the top or side of the garage door opener, connect 2 wires where the wires for the garage door wall button attach and then run the included wire with magnetic switch over to the door and mount the switch. so that the magnet and switch line up when the doors closed.

Once it is installed you can check the open or closed status of your garage door from your phone, it will alert you every time the garage door is opened or closed, it will also send you an alert if it has been left open for more than 15 minutes. Also you phone can now be used to open or close the door even if you are not home - like to let a delivery guy put a package in the garage or any other time this might by something you could use.

Also for me I love that because I have an Apple Watch it also can be used as a garage door opener which is very handy when I pull up in my slingshot

Anyway, I know "smart" home devices are not for everyone, but for $22 I think this thing is great, Had my son in law stop by the house the other day to pick up some things we had for them. it was great, just left the bag inside the garage where it was safe and secure and when he got there he called me and I opened the door for him and then closed it again after he was done.

Anyway - just wanted to share

• Nice...

Here is one with a bunch less wiring...

https://www.amazon.com/Smart-G…q%2Caps%2C105&sr=8-3&th=1

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• Nice...

Here is one with a bunch less wiring...

https://www.amazon.com/Smart-G…q%2Caps%2C105&sr=8-3&th=1

very nice and looks like a nice option if you dont want to run the wires - - for me personally I like the hard wire connections and plug in power source, but its always nice to have options :thumbsup:

• problem is you need the internet for either. I only have a phone plan

Well I guess if you dont have a smart phone then this is probably not for you

personally I love smart tech 8o

• very nice and looks like a nice option if you dont want to run the wires - - for me personally I like the hard wire connections and plug in power source, but its always nice to have options :thumbsup:

I agree with the plug in power source.... The hub portion of course is plug in, but the remote sensor uses a 2450 battery... I have to replace it once every couple of years. I have a 3 car garage and my main door runs off this setup since it was before this all came about. My third car has a new garage opener with the stuff built in...

Anyway one does it, it sure makes the old "did I close the garage door" question easy to check.

• Well I guess if you dont have a smart phone then this is probably not for you

personally I love smart tech 8o

Me too.... My whole house is smart... and sometimes it is funny with something doesn't work right... I am like... how do I turn on/off the lights :). I was even going to get the smart vents with the sensors so that the thermostat could check via the sensors to see which area of the house needed more heat/cool... Was a bit pricy so I held off on that... I really like the doorbell option that allows me to see who is at the door and talk to them no matter where I am....

Right now when I leave home it automatically turns off all the lights (yes I live alone so it was easy to set these schedules) locks the garage entry door and sets the thermostat to away mode. When I come home, unlocks the garage entry, sets thermostat to home, and if it is after sunset turns on the lights.... I love it..... fun for the old guy to play with.

• I agree with the plug in power source.... The hub portion of course is plug in, but the remote sensor uses a 2450 battery... I have to replace it once every couple of years. I have a 3 car garage and my main door runs off this setup since it was before this all came about. My third car has a new garage opener with the stuff built in...

Anyway one does it, it sure makes the old "did I close the garage door" question easy to check.

got to agree - not only does it make the question moot, it also allows you to close it without turning around and running home

Another reason why I gravitated to the choice I made was the fact that it didn't require a hub. I have many different things attached to my wifi, cameras, smart plugs and other things none of which require a hub - - I just didn't want a collection of different hubs for different things or if I did go with a hub I didn't want to be locked into only being able to use devices that work with that one hub

Also liked that the Meross is compatible with my amazon echo devices - I can walk in the house with my arms full and just say "alexa, close the garage door" and it does 8o

also Alexa can also open the door, but if you say "Alexa, open the garage" she will then ask you for the 4 number code you have set - - this keeps the door from unintentionally being opened if Alexa thinks she herd the command - an added layer of security that I like

like I said in my OP $22 - - - I think it down right cheep for everything it does.

• I went the other direction... with a Smartthings hub... I have over 70 devices from cameras, TV's, light switches, bulbs to smart plugs, door locks, water sensors... and on... and it was too much for the wifi since most wifi smart (not all) operate on the 2.4ghz frequency. Things would suddenly drop off and stop working. I would notice when I was on a trip and wanted to check on my dogs that camera would respond with not available, and then later work. All of my stuff works off of Alexa as well and with only one app to use when I am away from the house. Only 20 of my current devices are directly connected to Wifi, the rest work off of the Z-Wave and Zigbee protocols.

I started this little money pit.... back in 2014 when I got my first Alexa device. The Smartthings platform supports over 5000 different devices from hundreds of different brands. When I started out, almost nothing worked with just Alexa... but that has changed. I have noticed that Alexa seems to be a lot "dummer" than when I first got it... Ex... I asked it "What is the temperature in Conifer?" Answer, In Concord North Carolina... "Alexa Stop", Alexa, what is my location, answer, I am sorry I do not know that one, Alexa what is the forecast... Answer, The forecast for Littleton is..... So It knew the location, but just gave off ball responses... Conifer is located about 20 miles from me and I do not understand why it gives off the wall stuff like Concord NC when I am near Denver... Long emails to Amazon have resulted in nothing as well.... basically it is the nature of the beast...

Whatever one chooses for for their Smart Home is cool... just as with the Sling... different strokes for different folks....

Edit... I forgot to mention I had to turn off voice ordering.... I have 4 Alexa devices two shows and a dot with clock and the original, and apparently one of them heard a commercial on TV that said.. Alexa order....... I got the verbal notification from Alexa that my order had been place.... Had to go cancel it.... :)