Purchasing Used Slingshot

• Sheree202 insurance can be all over the place and only a few of the companies will insure the Slingshot. If you have trouble getting insurance check with Dan

pasted-from-clipboard.png

dherrera@twfg.net

He is in Texas but has insured a lot of Slingshot all over the country.... Mins included.

I do lots of miles and am a little older with a good record and pay $325.00 yr for full coverage. And the only thing that Dan has of mine is the Slingshot.

I was with State Farm from day one with the 2015, but they for some reason wanted over $700 for the 2016. I have had insurance with them for over 50 years. Not anymore, everything is with Dan now

Just reached out to Dan. Statefarm wanted $750/year and I've had everything through them for years.

• Advice please. I hired a detailing company to go to the location my Slingshot was at (friends shed). They RUINED THE WRAP. The "man" is lying and saying it was already in that condition. We have dated pictures proving otherwise. The seller is providing a statement that the matte black was in perfect condition. Do I go to the BBB or small claims? I'm livid. I spent so much time and money to make tomorrow perfect and now I'm giving my husband a Sling that looks like shit. And this detailing company has the nerve to accuse me of running a sham to get money from them. My blood is boiling. Pictures before and after.

• Its going to take time to fix this, and you're going to have to sue to get anything.

Don't let it worry you. Your hubby will still be wowed, and the ride is just as much fun. He will love the slingshot - and he's going to absolutely love you for his big day.

You can explain later, chances are he won't even notice... much. And unless he's a fool, he's not going to whine that the best birthday gift EVERZ has blemished paint.

Folks here can help you get it repainted later.

Just enjoy your day!

And don't forget: pictures of his stunned looks, huge smile, and all the kisses he gives you!

(Okay, maybe not ALL those kisses! 😘🤩)

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Thank you for those words. I'm a perfectionist so this is killing the surprise for me. But, I know he'll still be amazed. Just makes me beyond mad that this guy ruined my wrap and is denying it. Zero accountability...even threatened me with a counter claim. He thinks I should pay him $50 for ruining a $2k wrap job. I said words to him over the phone my son has never heard me say before today!

• Sheree202

So hard to tell by the pics...

But, I looked at your posted pic with the law officer and fiasco pic today.

Please take this with a grain of salt as I can't see it first hand. The small phone pic showing blotches is the grained hood inserts. Normally, wrap is not applied to highly grained surfaces unless someone goes to a lot of trouble to smooth that surface first. From what I can see those grained inserts on that Slingshot were not wrapped.

I think what we are all seeing is the drying process of whatever he applied. The grain surface is soaking up the oils and dehydrating at different rates. Therefore, some glossy wet areas versus final dry less glossy areas.

That would be my best guess.

And hopefully by morning will have resolved it self.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Pray you're right! I'll keep you updated.

• Pray you're right! I'll keep you u

• worth noting...the detailer called me and left me a message after he washed it that the paint job is blotchy and he can fix it for me if I wanted. 🙄

• worth noting...the detailer called me and left me a message after he washed it that the paint job is blotchy and he can fix it for me if I wanted. 🙄

If it is wrapped --- the paint doesn't show. If you look at my avatar --- red Slingshot with 'black grained' inserts. If that isn't damaged (and probably not) it should clean up. Regular alcohol (rubbing) will clean off old wax and not harm the finish. Than it's matter of bring back the shine. I used Turtle Wax Ice detailer and spray wax on mine. The detailer actually works better on the grained black plastic than the wax.

• Man keeping track of this thread from the beginning , I was like excited for you, then I wasn't when time went on and you couldn't find one, then excited again when you did get one and now this.... I need a drink and don't drink lol....my only advice from a fellow perfectionist (I try to be At least) relax, get in and enjoy it .......can't wait to hear about you guys rides ....

• I'm not sure. It's at my friend's house still and she is sending me a video of it soon.

Well as they said what looks to have the issue is the inserts. Worse case maybe pull the wrap from those to add some contrast and use the factory texture pieces if they haven't been smoothed.

Either way, as everyone said, as hard as it is, don't let it bother you right now and enjoy tomorrow. We've all seen how hard you worked to make this happen. He's going to be grinning ear to ear for days straight. Once that calms down then get back to figuring it out. Looking forward to pictures!