Value for trade in

• I just hate listing something for sale with clear instructions that I want CASH, only to have people calling me and asking if I want the rear axle assembly from a 30 year-old vehicle in trade, or some other equally off-the-wall offer. Back in the 1980s, I wanted to sell a metal detector and actually did have someone offer to trade me the rear axle from a late 1950s Ford pickup. Needless to say, that has stuck with me for a long time!;)

• I just hate listing something for sale with clear instructions that I want CASH, only to have people calling me and asking if I want the rear axle assembly from a 30 year-old vehicle in trade, or some other equally off-the-wall offer. Back in the 1980s, I wanted to sell a metal detector and actually did have someone offer to trade me the rear axle from a late 1950s Ford pickup. Needless to say, that has stuck with me for a long time!;)

Or the infinite amount of people asking "Is it still available" even though the add clearly says that it will be removed once sold, I have neither time nor patience for that.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• thank you for all your excellent opinions and input. I really appreciated it and took them to heart. I did trade in at Cycle Springs in Clearwater, Florida where I purchased my Slingshot and will pick up a 2019 1700 cc Vulcan Vaquero next week. Since they sell Slingshots I felt I would get a fair deal and I did and also saved over $900 in taxes with a trade in

If you would have saved that axle you could have bought a new slingshot today.