Rotrex size 100 pulley installed...what a difference!

• Awesome Dave!

Whats your thoughts on valves/springs?

Webby

The engine definitely runs better with valves and springs installed ;)

I am guessing you are asking about upgraded springs and valves though. Most of the Stage 3 cam customers since we have been testing these over the last year and a half have had stock valves and springs installed. The only ones that have had upgraded springs were those that did a new engine build at the same time. The lift and ramp rate we designed on these cams is not super aggressive, we mainly focused on duration with the cams, which helped to prevent valve float. The one thing that we for sure recommend is replacing the HLA's (hydraulic lash adjusters) with the new cams though, as the HLA's installed when the engine was new seem to take a "set" once they run for awhile and don't seem to adjust to the new cams very well. Of all the testers, we had 2 testers have issues with the rockers kicking out without changing the HLA's, none after changing out the HLA's during install on stock valve/valve springs.

Hope that helps,

Dave

• I have had the cams about 6 months now. I have had the 95 mm pulley for almost 3 years. It's all good reliable 351 horsepower at the rear tire that will push you back in the seat when you get some traction. :00008698:

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• the rear tire that will push you back in the seat when you get some traction. :00008698:

That's the key (fixed it for you). Still a lot of fun though, spinning or not! I have no idea what mine's pushing, We didn't get a chance to dyno mine when it was at DDM, just ran out of time. I've got it set at 10 psi right now on the turbo.

• The supercharger is maxed out at 10 psi. With that built engine you have you will make a lot of horsepower and boost.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• I have a 100 pulley, and I can't imagine with a 95 pulley and that wheel spin from off the start. My pennies are being kept for a engine upgrade!!!:thumbsup: :00000028:

Always Remember...You can drive it like you want to drive it tomorrow! 8)

:HEADERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS::ROTORSS:

• Short answer, I started out with the 95 pulley.

When I ordered my SS I came home that day and placed an order with DDM for the complete SC kit which included

SC w/95 pulley

bigger radiator

center fed fuel rail

bigger injectors

coolant tank

racing clutch

header

full 2.5" exhaust out the back

ECM tune

ect, ect, ect,ect,ect,ect,ect,ect,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,ect, ect, ect,ect,ect,ect,ect,ect,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,ect, ect, ect,ect,ect,ect,ect,ect,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,ect, ect, ect,ect,ect,ect,ect,ect,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,ect, ect, ect,ect,ect,ect,ect,ect,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,ect, ect, ect,ect,ect,ect,ect,ect,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc. I just gave Angie my cc number and told her if it was in the store and it fit my sling to send it. LOL Not really but it seemed like it. LOL

When my SS finally came in it was Nov,11th so it was already getting cold. We had a huge pile of stuff setting in the floor waiting to be put on so we only put 890 miles on it before we took it all apart and made it ours. It was fun from the start but the icing on the cake was when I took it back to Dave last year for the most up to date tune. Overall power may not have been affected a lot but the drivability of it was night and day difference!!!! We've had a blast with it and the driving force for the sand cast block is livability. I am harder on my stuff than the average person. I don't generally worry too much about tearing it up because I know I can fix it. Short of wrecking it most everything in the drive line can be replaced at a reasonable cost. It is marketed as a bike and I treat it like one. This thing is no different than my race bike, I bought it to have fun with and pushing it to it's limits is fun to me. If I depended on it for my daily driver then I would definitely have a different attitude about the way it is treated.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• wickedwebby I know you can't go wrong with Dave@DDMWorks recommendations. The 95 mm will give you the power to burn your rear tire all the way to forth gear. I don't know how old your tune is but Bob and Dave came up with a revised tune which made the drivability much better.

So get with Dave and go in the direction he sends you.

~Mark Twain~

• We have tested the 100mm quite a bit and we have a lot of track time with that setup on our Slingshot.

Here is a video of the 100mm at Roebling road with Zach driving it a couple years ago -

We keep spending a lot of time on the drivability of the tunes, once the main full throttle power is dialed in for timing and fueling, the drivability part of the tune is where most people really tell the difference. There was a lot of time spent over the last year on the throttle pedal to throttle body correlation and making changes to smooth those transitions and make everything smooth and as OEM feeling as we can, although I am sure we will keep working on it and making it better every year, its what we do :)

All that being said, the 95mm cam setup is my absolute favorite setup for our Slingshot, really smooth power that just keeps pulling all the way to redline. If we had to chose just one setup, that would be it for sure.

Let me know if you have any questions about it,

Dave