To those that have had the slingshade the longest...

• If the pets are doggo's - bring 'em! Everyone at Kerrville knows my Nugget. He likes to ride too. Just get a harness and cross tie him. There's a thread on here about that somewhere.

I have 3 dogs, 2 cats, a bird (conure) and fish. I'm also single, but do have roommates who cover while I'm gone.

I will have to pass, I notice my 50lb dog gets fatigued past the twenty minute mark in the passenger seat. She is always fidgeting trying to get fresh air out the side the back to sitting upright looking forward. I am also not to keen on exposing them to long term noise levels with the engine and tires at freeway speeds. I am getting them both some cool aviator leather hats and UV sun goggles for my terrier who is always poking his head in the airflow above the screen and probably for my girl in the passenger seat as well.

• I just ordered the OEM Polaris double bubbles from Amazon - they are only $65 so I figured it was worth trying - here in the desert it gets very hot and I want the extra air in the cockpit - - I really like the Madstad double bubble but at $569 I figured I would try these first

Polaris OEM double bubble windshield

I didn't notice a double bubble from polaris, do post a pic when you get the chance please.

• I didn't notice a double bubble from polaris, do post a pic when you get the chance please.

wont be here for several days, but I will post a picture after I get them installed

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• wont be here for several days, but I will post a picture after I get them installed

I think these are the ones you are getting. They are dirt cheap on amazon. The only negative from reviews are little wind protection. I wear hearing protection so I don't care about wind noise. I have a stock SL screen so if it can match that for wind protection I will be ordering one. It's got the look I am looking for.

Looking forward to your assessment when you test it out.

41ER4QiFLDL.jpg

• Having a vision and going with it is what makes the Sling fun to customize!

I'd like all three here... And so far, I'm 1/3 the way there! 😆

That's what I love about this toy the most. Thanks to its relatively cheap entry cost, you really can customize it to make it your own unique vehicle without breaking the bank. Polaris hit it out of the park with this bad boy. Not even the vanderhalls have this level of customization. I have to admit I am seriously thinking about the Edison a few years from now. Time will tell.

• I think these are the ones you are getting. They are dirt cheap on amazon. The only negative from reviews are little wind protection. I wear hearing protection so I don't care about wind noise. I have a stock SL screen so if it can match that for wind protection I will be ordering one. It's got the look I am looking for.

Looking forward to your assessment when you test it out.

41ER4QiFLDL.jpg

yep thats what I ordered - $65 on Amazon.

I saw them on a Slingshot at the Fallbrook event and I love the look.

• Same here. Please comment on wind protection compared to stock SL shields when you get it going.

I will, but please note that my stock 2016 SL windshield is the blade windshield. If I am not mistaken latter years come with a ripper which is a bit different so not sure my observations will be exactly the same as yours would be

• I will, but please note that my stock 2016 SL windshield is the blade windshield. If I am not mistaken latter years come with a ripper which is a bit different so not sure my observations will be exactly the same as yours would be

I run the stock 2015 blade wind screen that has been cut down to 1/8 of an inch above the center brace ( about 3 inches cut off). I do not like looking thru the wind screen and you will not like it either if it fogs up instantly at 85 mph on the interstate and you cannot see over the wind screen. Believe me it has happened to me 3 times.

• I run the stock 2015 blade wind screen that has been cut down to 1/8 of an inch above the center brace ( about 3 inches cut off). I do not like looking thru the wind screen and you will not like it either if it fogs up instantly at 85 mph on the interstate and you cannot see over the wind screen. Believe me it has happened to me 3 times.

I could see the fogging up issue being the main reason as to why the bubble design isn't more popular.

• I could see the fogging up issue being the main reason as to why the bubble design isn't more popular.

windshields and what works best is very much a variable that is different for different people. some people like looking through the windshield others like looking over. With the stock blade windshield I easily looked over, could even go to a plus 3 and I would still look over, I fully suspect that with the double bubbles I will still be looking over. I also expect it will not be as quiet as the blade windshield due to the increased wind flow I mostly ride alone so this really isnt a problem as I dont need to carry on conversations, to others that ride with their spouses all the time this could be a deal breaker.

Windshield choice seems to be a very personal choice which is why there are so many choices

As a side note I rode to work this morning with no windshield - took it off to get ready for my new double bubbles and it is the first time I have taken it out without the windshield - - it is truly amazing how much difference the little blade makes - without the windshield the wind is staggering :thumbsup:

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• windshields and what works best is very much a variable that is different for different people. some people like looking through the windshield others like looking over. With the stock blade windshield I easily looked over, could even go to a plus 3 and I would still look over, I fully suspect that with the double bubbles I will still be looking over. I also expect it will not be as quiet as the blade windshield due to the increased wind flow I mostly ride alone so this really isnt a problem as I dont need to carry on conversations, to others that ride with their spouses all the time this could be a deal breaker.

Windshield choice seems to be a very personal choice which is why there are so many choices

As a side note I rode to work this morning with no windshield - took it off to get ready for my new double bubbles and it is the first time I have taken it out without the windshield - - it is truly amazing how much difference the little blade makes - without the windshield the wind is staggering :thumbsup:

Looks like I will need to keep searching for the perfect one. Seller of this shield responded to a question on amazon page stating that it only works for '15 and '16 models. No can do with my '19. No biggie, I am in no rush right now to find one but that's exactly the look I want.

• Looks like I will need to keep searching for the perfect one. Seller of this shield responded to a question on amazon page stating that it only works for '15 and '16 models. No can do with my '19. No biggie, I am in no rush right now to find one but that's exactly the look I want.

Thanks for the info - it never occurred to me that it might not fit all years

• I didn’t think that the windshield mounts changed over the years. Per our vendors, buying an aftermarket windshield doesn’t have year picks.

looking at pictures of the madstad windshields it looks as if they use the same mounts as the Polaris OEM double bubble. This would lead me to believe that the mounts should be the same on the newer years

• looking at pictures of the madstad windshields it looks as if they use the same mounts as the Polaris OEM double bubble. This would lead me to believe that the mounts should be the same on the newer years

well if the seller on amazon is saying 15-16 only I will pass on the purchase for now. Hopefully at the upcoming local gatherings I will spot one and get the dope on it.

• Just an FYI on the DB W/S. They have two mounting holes. One attachment hole with rubber well nut is the same outer most edge mounting position for driver and passenger. The other is located under the center painted plastic cover where the w/s mount is located. You can slip it into position and attach them using only the outer holes and they will stay secure. No need to stress about the other hole. The DB W/S inner edge can slip under the center plastic.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup: