SPST Rocker Switch Wiring - teach me :)

• From my heated gear limited experience....the ability to individually adjust the different items is nice. Because some items could get hotter or colder than the others.....

I would split the heated gear up on the neutrino so you can use your cell phone to control them and put the lights on the rockers... you could be wasting the the neutrinos unique abilities on the fixed current lights.

• I used a trailer light plug to individually wire the heated gear. The socket is beside the driver seat. The wires run up under the hood.

This is my auxiliary fuse/electronics tray. Behind the glove box. One big wire from the battery to a 100 amp breaker to my neutrino in s waterproof case. And another regular fuse block .

• From my heated gear limited experience....the ability to individually adjust the different items is nice. Because some items could get hotter or colder than the others.....

I would split the heated gear up on the neutrino so you can use your cell phone to control them and put the lights on the rockers... you could be wasting the the neutrinos unique abilities on the fixed current lights.

I can't as far as I know. There is one heat troller rated at 15 amps no matter how much or how little I use of it. What I mean is one heat troller. My jacket plugs into it. Pants and gloves plug into the jacket, sock plug into the pants. It's rated at 15 amps no matter if I just use the jacket or use all the rest. It's warmnsafe. I know the Neutrino can control the clothing heat according to outside temperature which is a nice feature.

But my heated gear has it's own remote which I keep in my pocket. The jacket and gloves are controlled separately from the pants and socks. I usually like the jacket warmer than the pants.

I know I could put one set of lights on the switch, but those I use all the time where I use the heated gear rarely. I'd rather be able to control the lights with my phone and Neutrino and use the switch for the rare occurrence when I need warm clothes. Especially when these MIC RGB light strips are always trouble. The Neutrino has saved my battery more than once when the lights start acting up and draining the battery (I had two sets of strips that would NOT turn off no matter what. Just a few pixels would stay lit but it was enough that my battery would be drained overnight. The Neutrino will shut those lights off on a timer or on the voltage, which I love).

• Now that is one nice, clean set up! I love the enclosure for the Neutrino.

• If you want it triggered with your key, yes. I did the same for my fuse block I wired in. I put it in my glove box upside down at the top. The relay I wired is triggered from the accessory plug that's in there, since it's switched. I just tapped that wire and put it to pin 85. EricaStar describes it very well in this post : What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....?

If you google 12v relay diagram, you will find a lot of examples, because there are different ways to use this relay.

• I assume you want to have the new switch in the dash to control power to the heated gear.

Also, it would be advisable to have the ignition key switch kill power should you forget to shut the new dash switch.

This should be fairly easy.

The relay only draws around 100 milliamps.

You can easily tap power from the switched input to your radio.

Run that to your switch.

Other side of switch to pin 85.

Pin 86 to ground (any ground).

Pin 30 to a fuse then to constant 12 volt (aka battery post, or same location that powers your Neutrino). Fuse close to power source.

Pin 87 to your heated gear.

• Yes I will have the switch tapped to ignition-only power. Thanks for the above, I'm going to start working on this in about an hour.

• If you want it triggered with your key, yes. I did the same for my fuse block I wired in. I put it in my glove box upside down at the top. The relay I wired is triggered from the accessory plug that's in there, since it's switched. I just tapped that wire and put it to pin 85. EricaStar describes it very well in this post : What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....?

If you google 12v relay diagram, you will find a lot of examples, because there are different ways to use this relay.

Thanks wokka, that was helpful. Getting ready to start. My last question is - I have read that relays like to be vertical. EricaStar has the relay upside down and horizontal in the glove box. Does that affect anything?

• Thanks wokka, that was helpful. Getting ready to start. My last question is - I have read that relays like to be vertical. EricaStar has the relay upside down and horizontal in the glove box. Does that affect anything?

I have mine upside down in the glove box, have not had any issues with it. My guess is that a really cheap made one could have issues, but just a guess.

• I keep thinking about your tray behind the glove box. That is so very practical. How did you do that....... ??

I sure could use something like that.

• I keep thinking about your tray behind the glove box. That is so very practical. How did you do that....... ??

I sure could use something like that.

Thanks, I’m pretty proud of that set up.

First my biggest concern was the heat from the stock pot belly stove exhaust there melting wires or the neutrino.... So I installed the welter duel exhaust To eliminate that problem. There is still a good bit of heat coming off the new exhaust but nothing like the stove..

I used to be a maintenance welder so in familiar with fabrication techniques. I used some 1/8” aluminum sheet. Made a lip around the plate on 2 sides. I sloped the tray some toward the front in case any watet did get in/on it. I insulated the bottom and sides with an aluminized fireproof Jacket I had. The aluminum is facing down... I used the black plastic pins similar to the ones that hold our black plastic bath tube together to hold the insulation in place. .. the tray is mounted in the 2 factory holes.

I also installed a vent in the inner fender to help get air circulating...

My main reason for all this setup was to eliminate all the wires running back to the battery. So I ran a big fat one from the battery to under the hood. With a 100 amp breaker. To a hot buss. Installed a ground buss and an always hot fuse block. The hot buss feeds the regular fuse block and the neutrino fuse box.

• Bolting everything down ^

Plastic box for neutrino

I cut holes in the box end and inserted rubber grommets to protect the wires.

The plastic box is just laying there unfastened I don’t think it’s going anywhere.

The neutrino is a perfect fit

Two bolt holes use for mounting

And the opening where the pot belly stove was

Welter cat delete pipe on the right I insulated that to.

You can also see I installed most of the heat illumination insulation kit.

Tray insulation details

I left that back flap long to tuck in behind the insulation kit

You can also see how much slope I built into the tray about 1/4 -3/8”

It follows the slope of the frame pipes.

Plastic fastener Pins holding insulation

Vent Hole in the inner fender

Vent covering

• That is a slick setup and worthy of consideration. I'm looking for a place for a 12 circuit fuse block (6 hot, 6 switched) and this could work for me. There really aren't any good, waterproof locations available.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• The main concern with that location is extreme exhaust heat from the factory exhaust.

It’s the only under the hood location with significant room. And easy access.

One more picture of it all wired up.

One more thing. Since I installed this I haven’t been caught in any downpours so how water proof this location really is.... remains unknown.