Second battery

• First challenge would be to find a place to put it. I've read where someone relocated the battery to somewhere under the hood, but I haven't seen pics or a parts list.

Heat is an issue as well, so make sure wherever you put it won't be an issue.

Most people tend to just put a bigger battery in, instead of a 2nd one. There are a couple battery mount kits on the vendors that are geared towards an optima 34 yellow top, but if you have a rear exit exhaust, it could be an issue, so keep that in mind.

You putting in a really big sound system or a ton of lights?

• In just passing time I have thought about a second, back up battery, and at the time it seemed that putting it in the storage compartment behind the driver seat would be a good location. looks to me like there is plenty of room for even a good size battery and this puts in right next to the stock battery which makes connecting them easy

if all you want is more power you could just hook it to the stock battery in parallel, but you could also use an isolator that disconnected it from the charging system when the ignition is off and have this battery be the one that runs your aftermarket lights and sound system this way the stock battery is not run down and is preserved for starting

one thing to consider if you do go with a two battery system is getting a larger alternator that has the extra power to run everything and also keep both batteries charged

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Most put it laying down in the smaller recessed section of the passenger storage compartment then place a false floor above it, since the recess isn't really good for storing anything you don't really loose any room and it keeps the extra weight over the swingarm pivot where it belongs.

Then you need an automatic isolating relay so once the second battery is charged it disconnects from the primary so they don't act as a single battery and drag each other down or tax your charging system. It also allows you to use different battery sizes/types .....

This kit works really well : https://www.jaycorptech.com/p-…relay-for-autoboatrv.aspx

Doing it this way also eliminates the possibility of "stuff" running off the second battery without the engine running klling the primary battery and leaving you stranded.

........ nerd-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• I mounted my second battery in a second vehicle. Now if one dies, I have a whole other vehicle to drive.

That's a joke but it has roots. For years I carried extra batteries for my flashlight when hunting. One day it hit me that my spare batteries could be in a spare flashlight. Now I carry two. Makes sense.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)