Can you work in your garage?

• Let me know what you think of this tire. I've been looking at them, going to need a new one for the rear at very least. May swap out for a new set of 3 just to start the year right. Thanks!

Just got the new tire installed on the rear and have it set at 26 PSI. Had a real nice grip to it! Not sure if you have the same sling as mine I have a 2016 base model. The front tires are 205 50 ZR 17. I know you can throw codes by messing with the tires but just wondering if anyone has gone larger or wider on the front tires and not made the computer go crazy. Any input would be greatly appreciated .

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

Edited once, last by SoCal ().

• The front tires are 205 50 ZR 17. I know you can throw codes by messing with the tires but just wondering if anyone has gone larger or wider on the front tires and not made the computer go crazy. Any input would be greatly appreciated .

Slingrazor ran rear tire size on the front with no issues that I know of.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• Slingrazor ran rear tire size on the front with no issues that I know of.

Hummm Did he go 265/35/18 on the front?? So front and rear are the same? If so not looking to change rims - want to stay with the 17 fronts. My tire store said I could go to a 215 size but the tire would be taller and wider. Wider might not be an issue but taller may be. I am sure there are a lot of threads on this - will have to poke around. Thanks for the info!

• Slingrazor ran rear tire size on the front with no issues that I know of.

If I had the money for wheels and I could run the fronts the same size as my rear I would love that. Not only would it improve traction in the front, but it would allow me to rotate my tires around all three corners if I chose to do so

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• If I had the money for wheels and I could run the fronts the same size as my rear I would love that. Not only would it improve traction in the front, but it would allow me to rotate my tires around all three corners if I chose to do so

I hear you on that but that is a rabbit hole I am trying to stay out of for now - as we all know mod's tend to run into one another and I have not found a mod rehab center close to me ... yet.

Can you run a same size wheel on the front? Right now the rear is 18 and the front are 17

• I hear you on that but that is a rabbit hole I am trying to stay out of for now - as we all know mod's tend to run into one another and I have not found a mod rehab center close to me ... yet.

Can you run a same size wheel on the front? Right now the rear is 18 and the front are 17

I see no reason why cant run 18's on the front, I have 18's on the front and a 20 on the rear and I have heard of people running 20's and 22's, and with the 18 if you go with a lower profile tire the overall diameter might not be that much different than the 17's with the higher profile tire - - Here - Tire size comparison calculator - use that tool and put in your current front size in the number 1 tire slot and then see what the closest you can get in an 18 inch tire in the number 2 slot - - - from what I understand if you keep the rolling distance close you shouldnt have any problem with throwing codes

• I see no reason why cant run 18's on the front, I have 18's on the front and a 20 on the rear and I have heard of people running 20's and 22's, and with the 18 if you go with a lower profile tire the overall diameter might not be that much different than the 17's with the higher profile tire - - Here - Tire size comparison calculator - use that tool and put in your current front size in the number 1 tire slot and then see what the closest you can get in an 18 inch tire in the number 2 slot - - - from what I understand if you keep the rolling distance close you shouldnt have any problem with throwing codes

GREAT chart thank you! Second question. How far out in diameter will throw a code? 1/2" ? 1"? any thoughts?

• That must be a bad ass look! Can you send me a picture of the front wheels - show off a little please!!!!

I am not home at the moment and I off loaded all my pictures to a back up drive to save space on my laptop.

But here is a front view from our track day thread - you can see the sive very well from this angle.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I am not home at the moment and I off loaded all my pictures to a back up drive to save space on my laptop.

But here is a front view from our track day thread - you can see the sive very well from this angle.

Wow! Nice! Sooooo where did you come up with the extra two rear tires - aftermarket or stock?

• GREAT chart thank you! Second question. How far out in diameter will throw a code? 1/2" ? 1"? any thoughts?

That I do not know, but I am sure someone here has an answer

• Wow! Nice! Sooooo where did you come up with the extra two rear tires - aftermarket or stock?

They are stock 18" rear wheels from a base SS.

Since so many people upgrade they are usually easy to find - plus I had some help from a few of teh amazing people on this forum.

I had them powder coated bright silver and made some custom center caps

I know there is a photo here somewhere but I need to locate it

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• They are stock 18" rear wheels from a base SS.

Since so many people upgrade they are usually easy to find - plus I had some help from a few of teh amazing people on this forum.

I have a birthday coming up... this year... ;)

• They are stock 18" rear wheels from a base SS.

what size tires are you running? the same both front and rear?