New Hood Bumpers

• Was at my dealer about 6 weeks ago and mentioned a bumper that had fallen off. Dealer said there was a service bulletin (not a recall) and the new rubber stoppers were being added under warranty. Dealer had them in stock months ago. They were installed in less than 10 minutes.

Which dealer did you go to?

I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.

• Where did you mount them? The shield screws are in the mounting holes?

I am not 100% sure- just looked at them yesterday, for a minute while I was at dealership, removing MadStad roof. For sure, smaller ones are by the fenders- holes drilled, and they pop in. Larger ones looked like they were centered in each base- not sure if dealer drilled hole there or not. Sorry I am not being more helpful

• Which dealer did you go to?

I purchased my SS from Slingshot of Scottsdale (AKA, Victory Indian Motorcycle of Scottsdale). Worked directly with the owner in my purchase. David and Kyle in service have been very helpful and wonderful to work with. They are a small "mom and pop" shop but have been fantastic with all my services, recalls, repairs, etc. I've been using them for everything.

• Now that is funny. I just had mine installed at the dealer. And they put the tall ones under the fenders and the short ones by the windshield.

Just came from the dealer... He is doing some work for me later today. I asked him again about the bumper installation, letting him know that I had seen pictures of the dealer installs- where the small ones were in front, as well as different locations for the bumpers. He laughed and said- all the dealers had to do was read the instructions-for a change Polaris was pretty straightforward about the installation, (IE 2 1/2" from hole). He had to multiple customers around, so I couldn't ask for a set of installation instructions, but that being said-I am pretty sure my guy got it right. Perhaps one of our dealers, (Noel Hughes, hint, hint), might chime in and posted a copy of the installation instructions for all to see.

• Just came from the dealer... He is doing some work for me later today. I asked him again about the bumper installation, letting him know that I had seen pictures of the dealer installs- where the small ones were in front, as well as different locations for the bumpers. He laughed and said- all the dealers had to do was read the instructions-for a change Polaris was pretty straightforward about the installation, (IE 2 1/2" from hole). He had to multiple customers around, so I couldn't ask for a set of installation instructions, but that being said-I am pretty sure my guy got it right. Perhaps one of our dealers, (Noel Hughes, hint, hint), might chime in and posted a copy of the installation instructions for all to see.

Attached are pictures of the install. I watched the mechanic use the instructions in the kit and measure exactly as it was stated. After drilling the holes he went and compared to a 2016.5 model and noted the bumpers were installed in a different location. (as shown) The hood closed and opened very easily. The instructions placed the short bumpers near the windshield and the tall ones over the fenders. With the new bumpers installed the fender (hood) sat up about a quarter inch in front of the mirror. I tried swapping the tall ones and the short ones and that made the hood higher than the dash by about 1/2 inch. I then re-drilled (1/2 inch drill bit) the fender bumpers in the area where the 2016.5 bumpers were mounted and the panel alignment was great.
    Short bumpers near the windshield and tall over the fenders. This worked for me. I am not upset with the mechanic because he has done great work for me in the past.

• Just got mine installed today. Went through on warranty too, so that's awesome too.

Just have to get my camera issue worked out and get my radio going and I'll be a happy Slinger

• Picked mine up today and installed the ones at the top - I did not remove the original center support with the pad.
    Big difference - if any one is curios the larger bumpers go up at the top as per the Polaris instructions.
    I didn't use the smaller ones I will save them for a rainy day since I am not having issues on the sides.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• will double check mine tomorrow, to ensure that I was not the brain-dead one. (I did not have the sense to take pics when I saw them.......) thanks!
    curious-- did they leave the brackets which used to hold the rubber pads by the fenders on?

Sorry I didn't get back to you. Yes the brackets stay on, they are what the bumpers contact.

• Attached are pictures of the install. I watched the mechanic use the instructions in the kit and measure exactly as it was stated. After drilling the holes he went and compared to a 2016.5 model and noted the bumpers were installed in a different location. (as shown) The hood closed and opened very easily. The instructions placed the short bumpers near the windshield and the tall ones over the fenders. With the new bumpers installed the fender (hood) sat up about a quarter inch in front of the mirror. I tried swapping the tall ones and the short ones and that made the hood higher than the dash by about 1/2 inch. I then re-drilled (1/2 inch drill bit) the fender bumpers in the area where the 2016.5 bumpers were mounted and the panel alignment was great.Short bumpers near the windshield and tall over the fenders. This worked for me. I am not upset with the mechanic because he has done great work for me in the past.

Thanks that is what I was wondering as my center section of the hood sits about 1/2"low. I need to figure out how to install the top bumpers with the Madstad I guess?

• Problem solved. Shaved a little off with a razor blade , about the thickness of the well nut top. Drilled about halfway through with 1/4" bit to recess screw head. Then drill all the way through with a 3/16 bit. It took a little pressure to get the screw started into that 3/16 hole, but better than loose.

Edited once, last by WOLF ().

• if any one is curios the larger bumpers go up at the top as per the Polaris instructions.

have the actual install instructions from Polaris- Macaws is correct! Big by the dashboard, small over fenders. Will screen shot them tomorrow, and post, it anyone needs them. Polaris says- "the big ones need some time with the weight of the hood to compress to the correct height- that is why the rubber is so soft." I will see........