POS BATTERY!!!!%!(%!%^%!(%(!&^%!%(!^%)^!&*^^

• I'm so pissed right now I can barely type. Long story short went to start the slingshot today, exactly 7 days since I last started and BAM, dead battery....
    Ive glanced at the battery posts before but thought since I bought a 16 this must have been addressed... Apparently not...

I'm going to start doing the research but wanted to get a feel if there is a definitive solution. Please don't suggest an Optima as I went that route back in 2004. Started with a red top, lasted 2 years. Went to a yellow top, lasted 2 years. They have great marketing but in my opinion their batteries suck...

I thought Rist Rocket Racing has a small battery replacement that is lighter and suppose to be Very good....but have not heard any feedback from others. I too run a blue top.

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• Do the 16s have smaller batteries than the 15s? I saw that part of the "airflow management kit" included a smaller battery for the 15s. Or was it done that way to simply balance added weight on the 15s?

Yep, Polaris put a much smaller battery in the Slingshots starting in 2016...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• This is what I found today on my stock battery. Cleaned it and checked acid levels.

yep... Found the same thing sometime back. Had posted a similar finding over on the dark side. Sorry to see I was not the only one.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• This is what I found today on my stock battery. Cleaned it and checked acid levels.

Mine has less than 300 miles and looks new. No major power draw that I can find with a voltmeter. Was registering 10.1 volts, pathetic...

For the last 50 years i have put White Grease on all my battery terminals and have never had any corrosion
    in fact any grease will work
    even Dielectric grease

.................................................... tom n carol