Going to the Sun - Glacier National Park - Kalispell - June 30 - July 2

• I have been wanting to do the Going to the Sun road since I purchased my SS last January.
    Heading up there June 30th from Calgary, going to stay a few nights at the Lonesome Dove Ranch and head back to Edmonton on July 2nd. Hoping the entire pass is opened up by than. What other rides do you recommend in that area? What else do you recommend seeing or doing? What and where are the hidden gems of scenery, food and twisties? What other recommendations do you have? Thanks for any info you may share.

16 Black Pearl, passenger seat relocation brackets, garage door opener, Viper alarm with GPS, 1320 performance header and adjustable exhaust, teeth grill, hood pads, upgraded sound system, Sling Lenz V2.0, Alpha shock covers, Twist Dynamics CAI, Twist Dynamics Silicone Coolant Hoses, Twist Dynamics 9" adjustable windshield, Twist Dynamics coil cover, brake light flash modulator.... and more

• Red Lodge isn’t too far from there. The Beartooth Highway is one of the most awesome rides you can take. The view from the top is unbelievable and is one of my favorite roads. Then drop down into Yellowstone to tour the geyser basin. Head out thru the West entrance and head north back to Canada.

You won’t regret it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• @Ross

@lew88_88, this is the route I am running when I go to Sundre later in July, except I am going from the south end of Beartooth up through MT and hitting Going to the Sun before crossing over into CA.

If you learn anything on your ride that might be of use, I'd be obliged if you would share it.

• I grew up in Glacier Park so if you have any specific questions I would be glad to try to answer them. That time of year Logan Pass will just have opened so there should be lots of snow still and plenty of running water, where you may want to don waterproof jackets just in case you get forced under a waterfall. The view from the SlingShot would also be best travelling from west to east. Otherwise, unfortunately, the places that I would mostly recommend are off of the beaten path and not exactly SlingShot friendly.

Enjoy!

Bill

• Thanks for that, I think the Beartooth and Yellowstone will have to be another trip. I am more looking for stuff that would put me back in Kalispell each night.

16 Black Pearl, passenger seat relocation brackets, garage door opener, Viper alarm with GPS, 1320 performance header and adjustable exhaust, teeth grill, hood pads, upgraded sound system, Sling Lenz V2.0, Alpha shock covers, Twist Dynamics CAI, Twist Dynamics Silicone Coolant Hoses, Twist Dynamics 9" adjustable windshield, Twist Dynamics coil cover, brake light flash modulator.... and more

• @Ross

@lew88_88, this is the route I am running when I go to Sundre later in July, except I am going from the south end of Beartooth up through MT and hitting Going to the Sun before crossing over into CA.

If you learn anything on your ride that might be of use, I'd be obliged if you would share it.

KayTwo, I am really looking forward to meeting those of you that are coming to Sundre. You will not be disappointed. Anything I learn, I will share with you for sure.

• I grew up in Glacier Park so if you have any specific questions I would be glad to try to answer them. That time of year Logan Pass will just have opened so there should be lots of snow still and plenty of running water, where you may want to don waterproof jackets just in case you get forced under a waterfall. The view from the SlingShot would also be best travelling from west to east. Otherwise, unfortunately, the places that I would mostly recommend are off of the beaten path and not exactly SlingShot friendly.

Enjoy!

Bill

Thanks wjfyfe, I was thinking of doing it from both directions, what are your thoughts on this. I know it will be a super busy weekend as it is a long weekend in Canada.

• Yep, doing it both ways would provide a complete experience, and typically the way we do it ourselves, really early in the morning so to avoid traffic.

A hint, for some fun if you have a passenger, going west puts the passenger next to the wall and lots of water typically is coming off the wall that time of year.......... :D

If you are not being pushed for time another lil pretty diversion can be Two Medicine Lake, including the short hike into Running Eagle, (trick), Falls, oh, and also Many Glacier.

Bill

• I will have a passenger...... Ill have to tell her to wear a nice white cotton tee :whistling: . West will be the direction I take the first time so she is caught off guard. What loop would you recommend on the Sunday?