Rear End Noise Questions

• At 20K miles. dealer replaced my rear rotor saying the noise was from a warped rear rotor. Noise started back up a short time later. During my 25K mile service, the mechanic thinks new one is warped, too. Asked me if I had driven thru a puddle with a hot brake rotor, and I responded I don't ride if it's raining unless it starts raining when I'm already out and don't usually ride if rain is likely.
    At least they replaced the faulty brake sensors and I was able to drive the 100+ miles home without losing the Cruise Control. My angle drive is still leaking, but they claim they need a lift to work on it and are trying to convince the dealer to buy one.

Team Mancuso Powersport North has a lift. Call and talk to Kevin. Really good guys!

• At 20K miles. dealer replaced my rear rotor saying the noise was from a warped rear rotor. Noise started back up a short time later. During my 25K mile service, the mechanic thinks new one is warped, too. Asked me if I had driven thru a puddle with a hot brake rotor, and I responded I don't ride if it's raining unless it starts raining when I'm already out and don't usually ride if rain is likely.
    At least they replaced the faulty brake sensors and I was able to drive the 100+ miles home without losing the Cruise Control. My angle drive is still leaking, but they claim they need a lift to work on it and are trying to convince the dealer to buy one.

My dealer didn't require a lift to change out my rear pinion seal. They used a jack and jack stand in the rear. It took them close to 4 hours or so since mine was only the second one they have done. They said polaris warranty only pays them close to 2 hours of work time.

• Took my Sling in yesterday for what sounded to me like a bad bearing, and I asked them to verify that I did *not* have leakage from the angle drive (because I was suspicious). They had it in and out on the same day, just a matter of hours. What I thought was a bad bearing due to clicking was a cleanliness issue (according to them), but whatever they did, the clicking is gone. I did in fact have a small leak from the angle drive, but they replaced a seal and that was it. So....noise is gone and my confidence is a up a bit, but I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.

• My angle drive is still leaking, but they claim they need a lift to work on it and are trying to convince the dealer to buy one.

My dealer also just used jacks when replacing my rear pinion seal. It was a total PITA to remove the front belt sprocket. Polaris must have stock in loc-tite, considering how much they used. After MANY repeated try, they finally had to put heat to it, to break it loose. Dis-assembly was what took all the time- replacing the seal was a pretty quick, by comparison.

• Ordered new axle bearings yesterday (8-24) I could not get a positive answer from dealer on replacing and besides he did not have either bearing. They should have been ordered 4 weeks ago, he had never ordered. I told him he was not parking my SS for 3 or 4 weeks waiting on him, I would do it myself.

• Ordered new axle bearings yesterday (8-24) I could not get a positive answer from dealer on replacing and besides he did not have either bearing. They should have been ordered 4 weeks ago, he had never ordered. I told him he was not parking my SS for 3 or 4 weeks waiting on him, I would do it myself.

Just ask'n 'caus you said "either bearing" ... you did also order the needle bearing "bushing"/inner race ... you need all three parts ....

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• At 12,800 miles, over 7k since last failure, starting to hear some clicking. Belt and pulley appear clean. Would be the 4th failure. Going to wait awhile and see if it gets worse. Currrently loctited and double nutted.

• My dealer didn't require a lift to change out my rear pinion seal. They used a jack and jack stand in the rear. It took them close to 4 hours or so since mine was only the second one they have done. They said polaris warranty only pays them close to 2 hours of work time.

It seems I have more mileage than most of my dealer's other Slingshot owners as most of the warranty work I've had done has typically been the first time they've had to deal with the problem. Guess I'm just lucky!

Also, @Otter,from the old site, posted the following - "FWIW, I found that the SS rear wheel bearing with the speed sensor magnet ring is the same bearing as used in most model years of the Mazda Miata (front wheel bearing). Can be had for as low as $20.00 online.

Don't know what the other bearing is though." Be nice if folks can figure out the identifying part number(s).

• Ok

I have a question.
    If someone wanted to keep a complete set of rear bearings on hand what would be all the correct model numbers.
    And would you do both sides at the same time.

I wonder if I is worth it to have a complete set on hand when the inevitable happens and there is Polaris inventory

Just a thought

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• It is all up to how long you want to park your SlingShot waiting on repairs. Or how about the dealer will not do anything until it self destructs with you away from home. It has happened before. Does that answer the question. Or how about you have a trip planed and now you are waiting on parts/service.

• That is what I did yesterday 3 pieces $175.82 from Genuine Polaris Parts. The first place that I called did not have any in stock and did not know when they would get any. Genuine Polaris Parts only had 2 of each on the shelf. Make it light on yourself.

I Can't make out the part numbers in the picture
    do you have them?

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!