Rear wing location....

• Has anybody mounted their rear wing so its rearmost edge is directly above the rear of the tire? I'm thinking if it is that far back and has LED brake and tail lights on it, drivers behind will more readily recognize their safe distance from the SS. Another benefit (if it is needed) will be greater downforce (through torque multiplication) on the rear tire.

• Has anybody mounted their rear wing so its rearmost edge is directly above the rear of the tire? I'm thinking if it is that far back and has LED brake and tail lights on it, drivers behind will more readily recognize their safe distance from the SS. Another benefit (if it is needed) will be greater downforce (through torque multiplication) on the rear tire.

If you are mounting to the aluminum frame under the rear deck you can only go back so far an still keep the supports far enough apart to be effective. It should be mounted to a solid point

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

The rear sub-frame that supports the tail lights is bolted on square aluminum tubing with a single down-brace placed on the driver side of the fuel tank. The Roll bars are mounted at the rearmost part of the steel frame. If it was me I would want the wing to mount as close to the point where the aluminum and steel frame sections meet.

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• For sure about the rigid mount location. The one I saw at Cycle Springs had its wing mounted to the roll hoop. A longer bracket would be needed.

Mounting the Wing to the roll hoops would seem top be the strongest method, although I'm not sure how much downforce could be generated that way since the brackets would need to be rather substantial to transmit any downforce back to the roll hoops.

• have been exploring ideas. Honestly I'm going low ... Like realllllll low with my idea. Been doing some studying on the best method to help generate down force from the front to the back. Polaris really didn't do any reading at all. doubtful-squared

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• have been exploring ideas. Honestly I'm going low ... Like realllllll low with my idea. Been doing some studying on the best method to help generate down force from the front to the back. Polaris really didn't do any reading at all. doubtful-squared

I will be watching you closely - I like the way your mind works

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Maybe it is time for somebody to attach some ribbons to various places at the rear of a SS, go for a drive and have someone with a camera following at highway speed to record the movement of the ribbons in the air. A low cost way seeing what is happening. I cannot do it - still in Florida and anxious to get home to Nova Scotia and pick up my SS at the dealer!! Very anxious!!!

• Maybe it is time for somebody to attach some ribbons to various places at the rear of a SS, go for a drive and have someone with a camera following at highway speed to record the movement of the ribbons in the air. A low cost way seeing what is happening. I cannot do it - still in Florida and anxious to get home to Nova Scotia and pick up my SS at the dealer!! Very anxious!!!

my 8th grade science fair project was a miniature wind tunnel I built to study aerodynamics of various clay car model designs I made. I developed a scoring system based off the movement of tiny strings attached at key points along the models. wacky-squared

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• I guess you are the self nominated guy to do it!! Seriously, I wonder if an axle mounted wing is a possibility? If downforce is desired, it would put it where it need to be rather than directing it through the suspension. Could something that doubles as a wing and a fender be worthwhile?

• I guess you are the self nominated guy to do it!! Seriously, I wonder if an axle mounted wing is a possibility? If downforce is desired, it would put it where it need to be rather than directing it through the suspension. Could something that doubles as a wing and a fender be worthwhile?

possible but tricky as you have to worry about the movement of the suspension and your angle of attack.

(Slingshot Owners Group)