Baker Slingshot Air Wings on F4 + 3 Windshield

• I recently purchased the F4 + 3 windshield and also purchased the Baker Slingshot Air wings that fit directly onto each side of the windshield. The problem I am having is with the set screws that securely holds the air wing onto the windshield even when I have tightened the set screws (4 on each side) before I ride. I was driving down the Interstate when one of the wings almost came off but fortunately I was able to slow down and put it back on. I have touched base with Bruce Baker and informed him of the issue I was having and he is looking into a solution for me. He mentioned a screw with nut going all the way thru but I told him that the F4 windshield would have to be drilled into. That would solve the problem but Bruce was also going to look for another solution. Hopefully if the solution is to drill a hole all the way thru and mount a bolt to go thru it that he would coordinate that with F4. Regardless, anyone out there with this issue with an air wing coming off the windshield? Anyone got a solution? Thx and Happy Holidays to everyone.

• I recently purchased the F4 + 3 windshield and also purchased the Baker Slingshot Air wings that fit directly onto each side of the windshield. The problem I am having is with the set screws that securely holds the air wing onto the windshield even when I have tightened the set screws (4 on each side) before I ride. I was driving down the Interstate when one of the wings almost came off but fortunately I was able to slow down and put it back on. I have touched base with Bruce Baker and informed him of the issue I was having and he is looking into a solution for me. He mentioned a screw with nut going all the way thru but I told him that the F4 windshield would have to be drilled into. That would solve the problem but Bruce was also going to look for another solution. Hopefully if the solution is to drill a hole all the way thru and mount a bolt to go thru it that he would coordinate that with F4. Regardless, anyone out there with this issue with an air wing coming off the windshield? Anyone got a solution? Thx and Happy Holidays to everyone.

apply a little loc tight and tighten down?

• I have the F4 tinted 5+ and first Baker 'Air Wings' installed by Baker. Had a similar problem... I took just a small drop of rubber cement to one side of each clamp and tighten the set screws. I check them from time to time but NO problems in the 55,000 miles on the set . I love the combination.

• Got to agree with the above comments regarding an adhesive to the screw threads... small set screws have a tendency to back out in areas subjected to vibration. The set screw has to make a dimple in whatever it secures in order to prevent walking on the surface. Once set, secure it.... loctite, super glue, paint.... makes disassembly a real "B", so make sure to assemble correct.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Folks: Got a call from Bruce of Baker's Air Wings this morning (yes on Sat Dec 23 - WOW, great guy who cares about his products) and he wanted me to use Blue Loctite on the screw sets first and see if that will prevent the set screws from loosening which would cause the air wings to come off. A thanks to Ross and Airoutlaw for suggesting this and Bruce agreed it will probably work. If the air wings still come loose, he told me to call him back and we would try something else. He did think I was the exception and not the rule. Merry Christmas to all. By the way, I used Loctite Threadlocker Blue 242 for Nut & Bolt Locking if anyone out there is thinking about using Loctite on their set screws. Just a special caution: Do not use RED Loctite as that is permanent locking.

• I have posted this many times. If you are like me and do not like using the red and the blue Locktite of which can be hard to remove once used. Locktite 567 which is a paste pipe sealant with Teflon. It does not harden and is easy to remove the bolt or pipe that you use it on and you can reassemble without reappliying. The important thing is that once used it will not vibrate apart. I have used this product for over 30 years as a thread locker and anti seize. I believe in so much that every place that I have tools I also have a tube of this product. The old part number is 56747. It is the best product out there that I can think of telling everyone to us. It is also white in color.

• Folks: Got a call from Bruce of Baker's Air Wings this morning (yes on Sat Dec 23 - WOW, great guy who cares about his products) and he wanted me to use Blue Loctite on the screw sets first and see if that will prevent the set screws from loosening which would cause the air wings to come off. A thanks to Ross and Airoutlaw for suggesting this and Bruce agreed it will probably work. If the air wings still come loose, he told me to call him back and we would try something else. He did think I was the exception and not the rule. Merry Christmas to all. By the way, I used Loctite Threadlocker Blue 242 for Nut & Bolt Locking if anyone out there is thinking about using Loctite on their set screws. Just a special caution: Do not use RED Loctite as that is permanent locking.

The 'Air Wings' on my Slingshot were installed by Bruce at his shop in Ohio. I believe the first ones installed on a Slingshot. Haven't checked his Web Site in some time but My Slingshot with him working on it was the picture used to promote the 'Air Wings' for the Slingshot.